Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Dubbed Navigator

      Style   11/21/2017

      Hello - we are pleased to announce that there is now a light version of the style. If you wish to use it, go to the bottom left of the site where there is an option to change it 

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Albion'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Exploration Forums
    • Military Sites
    • Industrial Locations
    • Hospitals & Asylums
    • Public buildings, Education & Leisure
    • Underground Explores
    • High Places
    • Manors,Mansions & Residential
    • Religious Sites
    • Anything Else
  • Other Forums
    • Video Reports
    • Short Reports
    • Themed Threads
  • Discussion Forums
    • Just take a moment & say Hi
    • General Discussion
    • Latest News
    • Camera and Photography Advice
    • Websites and Links

Categories

  • About the Forum
  • Urban Exploring information
  • Photography and camera advice
  • Technical Help

Found 3 results

  1. The Barbican Hotel in Lincoln was originally opened as a gentleman’s club in 1867. During the 1870s the building became the Albion Hotel, and was quite a prestigious place to stay in its time; an important early hotel which still retains original external features. During the 1980s the hotel was renamed to the Barbican. In 2006 eight people were rescued from a blaze started in a bedroom on the second floor. The Barbican Hotel closed during the 2000s and despite being purchased by developers in 2008 has stood empty ever since. Visited with @SpiderMonkey The entrance hall was quite nice... Note the dome shaped roof lantern in the bar... Some areas were suffering the neglect... And other areas were in good condition, and very hotely...
  2. A spinning and weaving mill built in 1856-8 by George Whiteley & Co Ltd. cotton spinners & manufacturers. The spinning factory had 30,000 mule spindles and the weaving shed 480 looms powered by a double beam engine by Woods Bros. of Sowerby Bridge. Production came to a halt in 1975 due to lack of orders. Had 22,104 spindles and 264 looms. The 50ton flywheel and the double beam steam engine were scrapped in 1951. Thanks for looking.
  3. Built in 1856 by George Whiteley,a spinning & weaving mill closed in 1975,also used as a leisure centre at one point..more info here..http://cottontown.org/page.cfm?LANGUAGE=eng&pageID=2919
×