• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      The company was founded as a straw-paper mill in 1859. After the sale in 1873, the production were extended in 1880. The houses for the workers emerged 1912. After the Second World War worked more than 300 employees in the paper mill. Each year, 15 to 20 papermakers were trained.
      Jobs were lost in 2001, last 115 employees still working in the factory. Finally it was closed in 2007 and demolished in 2011.
      The photos were taken during an eight-hour exploration five years ago, in April of 2010.
      Sorry for the many photos. But I wanted to show more, because it doesn't exist anymore.
      south plant - part one

• By Andy
      An industrial "oldie but goldie".
      In 1913 started the construction of the power plant.
      Mid-19th century coal, oil and natural gas supplied energy for the area.
      After closure of a part of the power plant was used as a museum.
      2010, the museum was closed and the power station was unfortunately demolished in 2012.

• By Vancolen Kevin
      old cinema in BE , it was sealed for a long long time, recently it was open to be demolished, so I took the opportunity to visit her one last time ....

• By The Elusive
      Another place that has now been Levelled...
      Castle works industrial estate has been many things;
      W. G. Bagnall the train maker for a start.
      It was founded in 1875 by William Gordon Bagnall and ceased trading in 1962 when it was taken over by English Electric Co Ltd.
      English Electric didn't purchase Bagnall directly, the owner at the time was local engine manufacturer Dormans which got taken over by English Electric so Bagnalls was included in the deal.
      Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns and Vulcan Foundry was acquired in 1955 by English Electric and in 1962 English Electric formed English Electric Traction to bring all railway activities under one set of management.
      The majority of their products were small four- and six-coupled steam locomotives for industrial use, and many were narrow gauge. They were noted for building steam and diesel locomotives in standard and narrow gauges. Some of Kerr Stuart's designs were brought to Bagnalls when they employed Kerr Stuart's chief Draughtsman. Examples of such locomotives can be seen on the Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway.
      The company was located at the Castle Engine Works, in Castle Town, Stafford. The factory is currently being demolished. The factory was in a state of disrepair and is being demolished to make way for houses.
      There was a work-based programme for deliquents on the estate; If you didnt go to school you would go there and learn about painting and decorating or mechanics.There was also a few other local buisness on site GEC, Stafford College inclusive.

A couple of my photos were subject to a facebook imposter pretending to be me.... Like he's THAT awesome or something!

Such a Mish Mash of buildings..

One of the old Train sheds I believe,

• By PROJ3CTM4YH3M
      A little history on the abandoned Rossendale Hospital… Rossendale hospital started out as a work house for the poor named Haslingden Work House. I’m not certain when exactly it was build, however there is an old photograph supposedly from 1905 and an illustration of the building dated around 1898 in which the building looks remarkably familiar to how it does today.
      The workhouse later became Moorland House Public Assistance Institution, and then Rossendale General Hospital which finally closed in 2010.
      Demolition is now well under way and I don’t think the rest of the site will be there much longer. Below are the last few photos I managed to capture of this place before it was levelled.
      A culmination of 3 visits, one late evening around midnight, one early morning around 7am and a weekend farewell get together with alot of friends one weekend all in October. Visited with too many people to count but a special mention to Donna for the midnight trip and to everyone else who showed up for the farewell party. Thanks to the guy who got busted and then proceeded to act as spotters from the hill reporting in on the position of security to help us navigate the site… you know you you are Really glad I finally got to see the morgue!
      More photos and video of the hospital here: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/2013/11/12/urbex-rossendale-general-hospital-rossendale-lancashire-october-2013-revisit-34-and-5/
      Thanks for looking

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!