Sime

Can you recommend a torch

Just recently I've missed out on a few shots such as tiny rooms with no windows / dark corners etc. because of not having enough light. The flash doesn't really work too well on my camera because it just makes hard shadowy areas and isn't flexible. I have a torch but it has a really hard central beam and not much around the edge.

Can anyone recommend a torch with a good dispersal of light and which is easy to carry around?

Thanks a lot!

People always harp on about P7's etc but i can only really comment on what i use myself which is a Gerber Onyx 50. It does the job for the places i go to but at a guess it'd be useless in a darker, say underground place. Probably best not to use a flash anyway mate so i hope someone can recommend a decent one for you :)

If you are wanting a relatively cheap one there's a offer on in costco, 2 750 lumens torches for £13 and they are surprisingly good, very bright! 

It arrived on Saturday - I've had a play around with it and its amazing! I have a shuttered up cottage to visit this week so I'll take it along and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys!

I'm a whore for bright torches, my brightest one is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sidiou-Group-Searchlight-High-power-Bright-Flashlight/dp/B009YVYFES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454887628&sr=8-1&keywords=cree+torch+8000+lumens

In terms of lumens for money, can't beat it.

Also a Video Light like this with an orange filter is awesome for lighting up rooms with natural looking light. Not sure how many lumens it is, but its much brighter than my 400 Lumen Led Lenser M7.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-CN-160-Dimmable-Ultra-Camera/dp/B004TJ6JH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454887832&sr=8-1&keywords=cn160

+1 for the video light if it's for lighting rooms, they disperse the light a lot better to avoid horrible shadows.

On 2/8/2016 at 11:14 AM, AndyK! said:

+1 for the video light if it's for lighting rooms, they disperse the light a lot better to avoid horrible shadows.

Yeah I use one of those LED video lights with a diffusion filter, no hard shadows and still plenty of light. Only downside is that with big lenses you can't put it on the camera hot shoe since it will create a shadow from the lens, so I'll just aim it by hand. :)