I figured it was time to post my first report!
Probably one which has passed by here quite some times already, but I guess this place just never gets boring. :D
Abandoned for over 15 years now, because a new and more modern resort opened it's doors nearby.

The health resort / bathhouse opened it's doors in 1868 and at the time counted a total of 58 bathtubs.

This was quite a luxurious place and attracted wealthy and royal visitors from all over Western Europe.

What great fun we had exploring this place, we arrived very early in the morning right after sunrise.

We made our way straight to the entrance hall to catch the light falling in.

For a more detailed report plus even more photos you can take a look on my website by clicking the link below.
I felt it would be a bit overkill to post ALL the photos in this post. ;)

Click here for the full location report on my website

Thanks for taking a look!

1 hour ago, coolboyslim said:

Awesome first post looks bloody good that does. Thx for report and pics 

4 minutes ago, Curious George said:

You never get tired of seeing Alla Italia, great first post. 

I really like the second last picture :D 

Thanks guys! :D I'll be sure to post some more reports soon.

Everything about this place is dipped in awesomeness (until i saw the mask shot haha).

Seriously cool place and images there mate :thumb

13 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Everything about this place is dipped in awesomeness (until i saw the mask shot haha).

Seriously cool place and images there mate :thumb

Hehe thanks mate! :D

Great report and beautiful pictures. Alla Italia had been on my list for some time. Really need to go some time. :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Mineral Springs Bath House
      The construction of the Mineral Springs Bath House  began in 1907. This was in order to bring in more tourism and wealth into the area. The town it was built in was an excellent location to host a bath house, as it was well known for it's rich mineral water sources which was believed to have medicinal properties. During the start of the 20th century mineral baths were a very fashionable and popular leisure activity. It took 3 years to build, with the help of local residents and neighbouring villages. It was finally unveiled with a ceremony in 1911.

The materials which were used for the interior were designed in Vienna, France and Belgium and it was the most expensive healing bath in Bulgaria at that current time. Typical to most bath houses, it was separated into two sections, one for the men and another for the women. Both areas accommodated for it's visitors with a large circular pool, changing rooms and 10 bathtubs. The baths also provided central heating facilities, the main parts of the building were kept consistently at 15°C, the changing rooms at 28°C and the baths themselves were 32°C. The bath house was also equip with a clinic, admin offices and a large laundry room.

Sadly the Mineral Springs Baths eventually closed in 2001, due to the decline in interest and popularity along with the lack of investment by the local government.
      As always, visited with @darbians on a long weekend trip to Bulgaria. We were both feeling pretty optimistic once we'd seen the grand looking exterior on arrival and fortunately the interior certainly lived up to our expectations.

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By TrevBish.co.uk
      Bowling World – Belgium Closed in late 2015. It closed due to a decline in custom and proposed development on the site of this bowling alley and dance hall next door.

• By Andy
      The Spa house was built within three years in the mid-20th century. It offered space for 100 beds and has an auditorium with 540 seats. Inside of the theater it was so dark that I had to expose about 2 minutes despite high ISO. The other rooms were empty or locked, so I took no pictures there.     1   2   3   4   5  
    • By oldskool
      This place is been on my to do list since i first saw photos of it some years back , in my mind no photo or video footage can do it any kind of justice ,you have to see with your own eyes to take in the vastness and extreme detail of the 400 year old building....Gaining access was no joke at midnight recce to check access was a must then park up just outside the city for a few hours sleep in the car or shall i say try to sleep with the Critical NOISE Machine aka Critical Mass Snorer ..........Ok skip forward to 5am checking out the city streets looking for any sign of activity ....all clear so we made out move and gained entry made our way to the main floor and sat it out till day break ....i looked for history online but wasnt able to find any but Fritz managed to get me some from a Dutch site the translation isnt 100% so bare with it .....1.
      The Fair in the Belgian city of Antwerp is located in the Twelve Months Street, a smallside street of the Meir. The current building is a reconstruction from 1872. The original building, "the mother of all fairs, dated from 1531. This building is not to be confused with the Old Exchange in the Hofstraat.The trade is in a late Brabant Gothic style by Joseph Schadde, after the fire in 1858 the fair in the ashes. Twice in the history of the stock market burned down in 1583 and in 1858.2.From the end of the fifteenth century, the importance of Bruges as an international huboff. After 1531 Antwerp took the role as a trading center of Brugge. Since the market wasdominated by Spanish and Portuguese. Beursplein in Antwerp was a rectangular square with four sides covered galleries, with regulations as in Bruges, as well as opening andclosing times.3.The Bourse of Antwerp is perhaps designed to preview the Bruges Beursplein: a public place in the open air with some canopies where one could hide. The design of the new exhibition refers to here. It is built on top of an existing street intersection in the planoriginally had no roof.4.On the initiative of Thomas Gresham, the representative of the British Crown in Antwerp,in 1565 the London Stock Exchange opened on the model of this square. It was also "thebourse", and to Queen Elizabeth after a visit on January 23, 1570 decided that the Royal Exchange had to be. [1] The Stock Exchange of Rotterdam was established by decision of the town council "to ordain a bruised or too Plaetse, daer the coop heure meetingordinary people were allowed to have been "dated January 30, 15955.
      , Amsterdamfollowed 1611.Currently the trade is deserted and neglected, when the real estate company Breevastwith the renovation of this listed building will begin is not yet clear. is a subdivision of the municipality of Beveren in the Flemish province of Oost-Vlaanderen. It is located near the river the Scheldt, in a polder of the Waasland.To the north of Doel one can find the Electrabel-owned Nuclear Plant Doel with 4 reactors with a total output of 2,8 GW delivering electricity to customers in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.Doel is threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the harbour of Antwerp. This has seen many people having to sell their homes to the development corporation of that enlargement. Many historical buildings that will be destroyed.Visited with Critical Mass & Host14. for looking Oldskool..........