Sign in to follow this  
Balwan

Czech Republic Kostel svaté Anny/Church saint Anna (visited in 2016/1)

Small rural church in one sleepy hollow on the west.
The neoromantic chapel was built in 1884-1886. And last Mass was held in 1946.
Since 2010 Historic landmark.

25193327266_f4934de016_b.jpg.

25193326556_abdcccf393_b.jpg.

24828696220_ce456df699_b.jpg.

25101354562_cfb36b3c6c_b.jpg.

25031049111_b1ebbb65ce_b.jpg.

25031049961_e23d49e906_b.jpg. 

25193327756_d46962dd6a_b.jpg.

25089307766_73415e00cc_b.jpg.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Balwan
      The unused neo-baroque church in Bohemia fom year 1767, with still functional organ!

This one is not free accessible. We had to ask permission from diocese.
      More photos you can find on my flickr.

• By Vancolen Kevin
      We visited this lovely abandoned hotel in Czech with awesome decay in it , we had an awesome tour there, the rest I will slowely upload and place here.
      It's been so long since posted on flickr and Oblivion but I didn't forget this awesome forum/community.

I'll make an effort in the next coming weeks to post here on a regular basis.

Any how, enjoy this amazing abandoned place. 

Atlantis by Vancolen Kevin, on Flickr

This last image is my personal favorite in this set .
      I love the colors, the composition and the fact that it looks so calm , i wish i could be back there again

Hope you enjoyed my set, will be posting more from now on  
    • By pohlovka_urbex
      HI 
      I´m new here. I´m from Czech and I will show you some places  
      If you want my page is https://www.facebook.com/M%C4%9Bstsk%C3%BD-pr%C5%AFzkum-495287987276687/

• By Dieter Ruistocht Herreman
      a very cool hotel with pool,
      the decay was amazing,
      really liked this place

• By The Invisableman
      Located in the northwestern Bohemia town of Luková, the ‘Church of Nine Ghosts’ first fell into disrepair after the ceiling caved in during a funeral service in 1968. Locals took that as a bad omen, attributing the structural failure to a curse, the superstitious congregation in the Czech village of Lukova abandoned their small church to the elements. For decades the ornate wood and plaster-work interior of St George’s has steadily deteriorated. But many residents saw the church as an important part of the town’s history, and wanted to see it restored. 
      The figures represent the ghosts of Sudeten Germans who lived in Lukova before World War Two and who came to pray at this church every Sunday. Artist Jakub Hadrava is responsible for the ghostly figures which now inhabit the church. Since his work was added the church has seen a huge influx of tourists from counties as far away as Brazil, Australia and Germany. The thousands of visitors who have turned up have now left behind enough money to get much needed repair work done to the church.

At first there are only nine ghosts sat within the pews, this has since increased to sixteen and they can be seen now standing throughout the church. This place had been something i had wanted to see for a long time and something of a holy grail for me (excuse the pun) It took us a 4hr drive on a baking hot day with 4 other people cramped into the car to get to this place from where we were based but it was worth it in the end. 

Anyway, here is a small selection of photographs from our visit. Hope you enjoy. 

As always, thanks for looking 

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!