Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Collective
      Daresburyhall - Photographic report - Feb 2018

Daresbury Hall is a former Georgian country house in the village of Daresbury, Cheshire, England.
      It was built in 1759 for George Heron. the hall descended in the Heron family until 1850, when it became the property of Samuel Beckett Chadwick. By 1892 it had been acquired by Sir Gilbert Greenall, later Baron Daresbury.

During the Second World War, it was used as a military hospital and also by a charity, now known as Scope. It became semi-derelict after being bought by a millionaire who died before restoration could take place.
      In April 2015, a huge cannabis farm containing six hundred plants with an estimated street value of 750.000 was discovered at the estate.

In 2016 there were plans to partly demolish and convert the house but in June of that year
      the empty building was badly damaged by fire.

Unfortunately, during our visit, we were asked to leave the sight by security via a speaker system on the estate. We did, however, stick around for 20 mins until it went off again, to be honest,
      I'm not sure whether the system is automated and linked to motion sensors.

There is a lot of cameras on the sight too as shown the last pic.
      Any way we couldn't enter the property as it is completely sealed now with boards on all windows and doors etc except for a stable and a few dilapidated sheds.

We did the best we could in the situation we had.

Thanks for any feedback.

• By obscureserenity
      Villa Scorpio

History

Unfortunately I couldn't find a great deal of history surrounding this location but from what I have gathered it was built at some point during the late 19th century. The former occupier owned a large cement factory in the same town. I would imagine the family were quite well off, as it was very grand and exquisite building. The design of the villa shared various similarities with the Art Nouveau style of architecture. Featuring a stunning staircase, a beautiful skylight and an decorative greenhouse.

Our visit

Visited with @darbians and @vampiricsquid on our tour of Italy last summer. As soon as we arrived outside, we knew it was going to be a good explore. Hope you enjoy my photos!

Externals

Internals

• By urbancleetus

Tiny bit of history:

This was once the most expensive house built in Britain, costing 25million, as lovely as it looks from the outside this house should never have been built. It was only built due to a council blunder with allowed the build to continue without planning permission.

The explore 

So the explore began with a quick scout of the area, once we located a good way to scale the 12ft fence, the climb began, slipping and a near miss with my manhood on the spiked fence we was in, we headed straight for a way in.
      inside the house itself is very empty and looks like a few raves and parties have been held inside, 

below are a few photos from the explore 

Big Credit to urban loan wolf for the find

• By Banshee =}
      i have visited this place several times now ... love the place but so run down and unloved
      now for a bit history on the place
      Built in 1899 by the famous shipbuilder and entrepreneur William C. Gray, the son of Sir William Gray also of shipbuilding fame, it was the Gray family’s main residence, though they did also own similarly sized properties in Yorkshire and Devon. As well as William C Gray and his wife, 7 other members of the Gray family occupied the building for nearly 30 years, with a staff of 12 to make sure their every need was looked after. Even with all these people in there the mansion would have seemed spacious and luxurious with its 30 rooms, ballroom and indoor swimming pool. It was put up for sale for many years with no buyers eventually was opened back up as a training centre. This was short lived and closed its doors for the last time in 2006, and swiftly became the target of many vandals and arsonists and still is to this day unfortunately and stood empty ever since to this day and is on at risk register of grade 2 buildings
      Now for the best bits hope you like

Ball room number 1

Ball room number 2

Former swimming pool

under ground

under ground
      The End till the next time
    • By shacklerurbex
      First vid upload for a while, although I have not stopped exploring.

Should be more videos coming up soonish

This gothic mansion was once owned by a doctor who released a mental health patient who sadly went on
      to stab an 11 yr old girl to death. I believe he was pretty much chased out of his home by locals (they may or may not of have had burning torches)
      Nice place though, there used to be more cars, but sadly there gone now.

The car is a 1964 humber super snipe

and yes I know I spelt doctor wrong on the vid title  god knows why