Jump to content
Stussy

Chateau Des Anges - Oct 2015

Recommended Posts

Another instalment from the derp trip with Baron, we arrive nice and early in the morning with mist all round, we soon made our way to the right place and we were in.

 

Not much to this place, it was fairly empty but there were several great rooms and the stairs or course!

 

28036373901_886e4ccec4_z.jpg

 

28036378641_fc5f28b6d4_z.jpg

 

27499336234_cd8352ee0a_z.jpg

 

28113841705_a96d9d556e_z.jpg

 

28011431112_9b6cfc61c2_z.jpg

 

28011432392_a1236b18d8_z.jpg

 

28011433992_ffbee7dea4_z.jpg

 

28011437862_4b95156bb8_z.jpg

 

28011439082_5349d20073_z.jpg

 

27498975083_96a63cfee9_z.jpg

 

 

Stupidly on the way out, whilst climbing over the smallest wall ever, I slipped and impaled my hand on a spike, stupid boy!

 

Thanks for looking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The foliage and the mist on the exteriors are atmospheric, very beautiful. My favorite from inside is pic 4, with the mirror and the wall paintings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By Andy
      Ouvrage A28 is a smaller plant (petit ouvrage) of the Maginot Line.
      The site was surveyed by CORF (Commission d'Organisation des Régions Fortifiées), the Maginot Line's design and construction agency; A28 was approved for construction in May 1931. It was completed at a cost of 11 million francs by the contractor Duval-Weyrich of Nancy. The petit ouvrage was planned for construction in two phases. The second phase was to provide a separate entrance block a short distance to the rear. Heavy water infiltration required the provision of more extensive drainage work than originally planned. The galleries are excavated at an average depth of up to 30 meters (98 ft).
      The 1940 manning of the ouvrage under the command of Captain Coste comprised 127 men and 2 officers of the 161st Fortress Infantry Regiment.
      A28 played no significant role in either the Battle of France in 1940 or the Lorraine Campaign of 1944. After the Second World War it became part of a strongpoint in the northeastern defenses against Soviet attack. A28 remained under Army control until after 1971, when it was declassified and sold.
       
      Visited with The_Raw.
       
      1

       
      2

       
      3

       
      4

       
      5

       
      6

       
      7

       
      8

       
      9

       
      10

       
      11

       
      12

       
      13

       
      14

       
      15

       
      16

       
      17

       
    • By Andy
      In the former limestone mine a production for oxygen was shifted to the underground during World War II.
      Visited with The_Raw.
       
       
      1

       
      2

       
      3

       
      4

       
      5

       
      6

       
      7

       
      8

       
      9

       
      10

       
      11

       
      12

       
      13

       
      14

       
       
    • By Andy
      The fortress with a lot of murals in its bunkers is part of the second fortified belt of forts of Metz and had its baptism of fire in late 1944, when the Battle of Metz occurred. The Fortification was part of a wider program of fortifications called "Moselstellung", encompassing fortresses scattered between Thionville and Metz in the valley Moselle. The aim of Germany was to protect against a French attack to take back Alsace-Lorraine and Moselle from the German Empire. The fortification system was designed to accommodate the growing advances in artillery since the end of XIXth century. Based on new defensive concepts, such as dispersal and concealment, the fortified group was to be, in case of attack, an impassable barrier for French forces.
       
      Covering an area of 83 ha, the Fortress is constructed from 1907 to 1914. The group fortification has 2 fortified barracks and can accommodate a total of 560 men. It has 8 pieces of artillery, 6 of them 100mm and 2 of them 77mm. It has eight domes and twenty observation points and lookouts. The various items are connected by 1,700m of underground galleries. In its water tanks, it has 2,640 m3 of water. The energy required for its operation is ensured by seven diesel engines of 27 hp each.
      During The Annexation of Alsace-Lorraine, the fort receives a garrison of gunners belonging to the XVIth Army Corps. From 1914-1918, it served as a relay for the German soldiers at the front post. Its equipment and weapons are then at the forefront of military technology. In 1919, the fort was occupied by the French army. After the departure of French troops in June 1940, the German army reinvests the fort. In early September 1944, at the beginning of the Battle of Metz, the German command integrates the fort into the defensive system set up around Metz.
      In Second World War, on September 2, 1944, Metz is declared fortress Reich by Hitler. The fortress must be defended to the last by German troops.
       
      Visited with The_Raw, extreme_ironing and Maniac.
       
       
      1

       
      2

       
      3

       
      4

       
      5

       
      6

       
      7

       
      8

       
      9

       
      10

       
      11

       
      12

       
      13

       
      14

       
      15

       
      16

       
      17

       
      18

       
      19

       
      20

       
      21

       
      22

       
      23

       
      24

       
      25

       
      26

       
      27

       
      28

       
      29

       
      30

       
      31

       
      32

       
      33

       
      34

       
      35

       
      36

       
      37

       
       
    • By AndyK!
      The chateau is one of the many large abandoned houses that can be found around France. Built in the 1700s by the lord of the village it is within, the house has been modified and expanded over the years.
       
      The vaulted basement contains a full size snooker table below the original arched ceiling. A large stone fireplace is the centre-point of a sitting area to one end of the basement.
       
      The front entrance opens directly to a small stone staircase, leading up to the main living areas which are slightly raised from ground level, or down to the basement.
       
      Visited with @SpiderMonkey
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

×