Sign in to follow this  
MrObvious

UK Temple Cowley Pools Oxford Aug 16

This was the second stop off on a road trip with @CuriousityKilledTheCat, @Biebs and a non OS member.

We met up @stoozie there (massive thanks for the tour :P ) 

After navigating through a maze of underground pipes we were finally greeted with the pools, and what a site it was! 

this place was amazing, complete with a massive diving section. 

Enjoy :thumb 

28825673265_dff6acf487_b.jpg

28825670855_4ba33fcac5_b.jpg

28825667645_5ed085a830_b.jpg

28208047534_65596fd4f9_b.jpg

28208045074_45a080cde8_b.jpg

28208042474_8f92c0d395_b.jpg

28720613772_7bfc1f99e1_b.jpg

Cheers for looking! :D 

Right on my doorstep but being rumbled by the police there in January made me give it a wide berth, need to get it done I think. I have fond and not so fond memories of school swimming lessons being held there when I was in my first school.

13 minutes ago, mookster said:

Right on my doorstep but being rumbled by the police there in January made me give it a wide berth, need to get it done I think. I have fond and not so fond memories of school swimming lessons being held there when I was in my first school.

definitely worth another try!  :P great little explore! 

8 minutes ago, Urbexbandoned said:

That's cool! Why did it close? Be nice to have a bit of history :) the place looks in good condition, No damage or graf either.. Great pics :thumb 

:comp: 

Cheers :D 

not entirely sure why it closed, all I can find is that it was closed in December 2014 for redevelopment as housing. It first opened in 1938, and had a major refit in 1987. Its main pool was 25 metres long, it also housed a baby pool and a diving pool. It was built on the site of part of a former Knights Templar estate.