plod

UK Salem Methodist Chapel, Arthog - July 2016

History stolen from @Buffalo:

Salem Methodist Chapel was built in 1833 in Arthog, near Barmouth in North Wales. In 1868 it was rebuilt in the Gothic style of the gable-entry type, by architect Thomas of Landore, and eventually closed in 1973. Apparently the owner of the building moved abroad to avoid paying a bill for a quarter of a million pounds, which means as a result the walls and other works of the structure are unsafe to passing motorists and local residents due to lack of maintenance. It has been assessed and surveyed and is deemed likely to collapse on itself if it does go.

The explore

Took quite a long walk to get here, but it was well worth the visit. Even ended up sleeping here on a late night out, the place was pretty far gone and was falling down. It was nice to get to explore a chapel as this was something new for us both.

29175228641_bfea91173a_o.jpg

29175228751_5e90e6ef53_o.jpg

28965758780_d24046a398_o.jpg

29145434332_2881821bc2_o.jpg

29175229831_a18bbc95b7_o.jpg

29175229501_e8dff63805_o.jpg

29175228991_75518e1210_o.jpg

As I've already written to Buffalos pics: It's a nice place. 

I like the first black & white shot, the green window with the plants and the organ.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

As I've already written to Buffalos pics: It's a nice place. 

I like the first black & white shot, the green window with the plants and the organ.

Thanks for the feedback mate 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SuZyQue
      This was on the way back from the garden centre, I persuaded my mate to stop by and after climbing through brambles, mud etc we were in, these are fantastic up close, enjoy the pics.
      This was taken from the car on the way there.

Finally they came into view after a muddy and long walk.

Up close wow.

Inside some control room.

My mate standing next to one of those towers, its huge.

A old helicopter, this place was used for paintballing.

The helicopter controls.

Couldn't resist a pic of this on the way in, thats all of the pics I got as my battery died on me, enjoy the pics, it was fun with a nice pub lunch and drink afterwards, got absolutely filthy but great fun.

• By SuZyQue
      I visited this place last year with my daughter whilst visiting relatives, entrance was comical, borrowed a search blaster as we weren't prepared, had a great time, This was still there last time I looked it's in Coleshill, Warwickshire. Enjoy the pics.
      The main entrance.

The flooded boiler house.

The kitchen.

The hall

This ornate work was all around the hall, fantastic.

The obligatory radiator pic.

One of the many corridors.

Some fancy artwork.

I now know that this is a training aid, but it scared the life out of me in the dark.

Someone left there boots behind.

Some of the toys etc and there were lots of books under the stage.

Lovely wooden doors into the hall.

These made me crack up.

Peeling paint.

It was a great day out with Miss CSI, well worth a visit if you are nearby.
    • By SuZyQue
      Visited this place with Lynton, Miss CSI, and SteAlTh last year, it has now been sealed up, but a interesting little explore, Enjoy the pics.My camera wasn't the best then, had a cheap old argos number, the others have better ones.
      The tiny hole we squeezed through.

Lots of old bottles and rubbish lying about, we think that when pleasurama was on the site they used to put some of there stuff inside this place.

Lots of carvings in the chalk.

This was a nice easy explore.
    • By SuZyQue
      This was one of the first explores I did, visited with StEaLtH AND Cavking, the floors were well dodgy and death traps in places, I've got a soft spot for this place, and I actually got some nice pics, anyway enough said, on with the pics.
      One of the corridors, we didn't get any pics of the front of this place as security was very tight and if I remember there hut was right at the front of the building.

The main hall. The architecture and ceiling were fantastic, very sad that it has got into this state, the architect whose name escapes me designed alot of the asylums in the uk.

The stage at the back of the hall.

Peeling paint.

I just luv this coloured broken glass.

Whats left of the old hairdressers.

A great explore, this place is how I got my exploring jeans as I ripped them on a fence, so have worn them ever since. Enjoy the pics.
    • By superwide
      Me and my brother, littlewide had a really nice explore this morning onto the site of the now closed Snowdown colliery. Loads of building left standing easy access into most of them, this is the deepest mine in Kent at 3000m at its lowest point, apparently at that depth the rock is hot.
      We started having a nose around in a couple of the larger building, there are loads of bits and pieces laying around everything from cranes to miners boots. In the admin building there are contracts of employment laying every where dating from around 1930 until the mid 80's.
      There is one small problem.....security, as we came out from the back of the building marked "opening" we saw them pull up, so after a hasty and covert move away to the slag heap we made our way back toward the buildings on the left, then more security pulled onto the site so we decided to make an exit and plan our next visit a little better.
      Sorry about the pic's my Box brownie is shagged and then half way round the battery's also died. Not sure what all the cloud effects are....maybe the ghosts of past miners.
      I will add some notes to the pics later. Bit short on time at the mo.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!