Sign in to follow this  

France Physique ou Chimie, May 16'

This school was build in the 17th century, during the reign of Napoleon III. Located in a beautiful park of 15 000m2, with some old majestic trees. During his two century of existance, 20 000 schoolers studied here. For a longtime, It was Considered like the greatest school in the region.

The college was closed ten years ago. And a part of the site was bought for a youth rehabilitation device.

For the biggest part, all the doors are closed and the windows sealed. We didn't saw the most interesting stuff like the neo-gothic chapel.

This place has a huge potential, we definitely have to come and try again.  The "non-urbex" pictures, mostly archives, make us drool with envy.

The other buildings around

Inside the main building

9 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Havent seen this one before, what a place! I like that 3rd from last area :) 

Thanks a lot Hamtagger. ;) Shame that almost everything is locked down or rehabilitated...

7 hours ago, The_Raw said:

Fantastic report! Love the comparison shots. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum :thumb 

Thank's a lot The_Raw ! Not much to see in this place... :mellow: Next ones will be more complete ! B)

11 hours ago, Andy said:

Great place, the main building looks fantastic. 

Yes, still so much things to explore inside...

31 minutes ago, Urbexbandoned said:

Loved this, I too like the comparison shots. We need more of those :) Really nicely reported :thumb 

Thanks Urbexbandoned !

3 hours ago, plod said:

Nicely done, I agree with the others it's good to see how the place used to look :)

Thanks a lot ! Will do the same for the future posts. 

3 hours ago, jones-y-gog said:

Wowee! Great location and some serious potential there. Look forward to more of your explore reports.

Thanks a lot! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bob
      An oil refinery being decommissioned... I went there with my bicycle, managed to get it past the first fence which was nice xD
      I hope i didn't put too many photos...
      D90 with sigma 17-70

• By The Urban Collective
      Taxal Lodge - Photographic Report - 2018

#TaxelLodge Photographic Report - 11th March 2018 Built-in 1904 Taxal Lodge was once the home of Lt. Col. H. Ramsden Jodrell, Who passed away in 1950.
      The home became a Special School, for disruptive and emotionally disturbed kids that lived on site 5 days a week. It replaced an older Taxal Lodge that originally stood further up the valley. 

Over the years there have been various reports of abuse within the school and a lot of visitors and students claim that the lodge is haunted. 
      Once the plug was pulled by the authorities the school was closed in 2005. Since its closure, the lodge fell victim to vandals & arson.

Now other nature has now begun to stake her claim... 

The Urban Collective 
      We Film It...

• By GREGUL1979
      I have long dreamed of visiting an abandoned school. From what I was able to read on the internet, the school was closed in 2003. After a few years, the facility was reactivated, an environmental center was created. Unfortunately, the plan did not work out. So the little kids marched to another school. The old facility stands and waits ... thousands of people take a course on it like believers on Jasna Góra. It is probably the most recognizable school in Poland, of course those abandoned. My only regret is that only now I managed to come here. You can see traces of demolition ... in the sleeping area where the youngest ones were napping, you can see traces of alcoholic libations. Crosses turned upside down, I personally am not a believer, but I put most of the crosses as it should be. Very childish play, although even the children probably would not do it, because for what. If any of you have plans to visit a school ... do not postpone it for later ... because there is no reason to go. The school has an amazing atmosphere.
      (Translator....sorry )

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.
      This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!
      Video Link