Sign in to follow this  

France Hotel (Hair)Dryer

It's always a great experience for an explorer like us, to visit places that we previously knew.

This hotel is not really far away from where i live. When i was young, we usually went here on the lasts sundays of autumn for a walk... Surroundings are really beautiful and this small town is really charming. In the middle of it, this massive and luxiourious hotel / restaurant.

Time flies, and this place getting really outdated... This place is now closed for 3 years, but we saw inside that he will be open again in few months.

Enjoy ! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By GREGUL1979
      Everything left as if the hotel's owners left it with the thought that they will come back in a moment. Or maybe the contrary, with the thought that they can not go back there anymore. We know that they did not come back. We do not know why. At the bottom, aprons, cups, the inscription "Welcome wedding guests". Upstairs furniture, appliances, personal items, books. Everything is abandoned, not packed, segregated, as in the planned move. No. Abandoned and destroyed. Scattered. Maybe by a vandal who accidentally got there and could not respect the place and things that belonged to someone. Or maybe by someone who did it with the deliberation that was looking for something.

• By bob
      An oil refinery being decommissioned... I went there with my bicycle, managed to get it past the first fence which was nice xD
      I hope i didn't put too many photos...
      D90 with sigma 17-70

• By AndyK!
      The Station Hotel is a grand Victorian building situated in the heart of Ayr town centre. The hotel consists of 71 bedrooms, complete with en-suite bathrooms, plus a host of suits for functions and a cocktail lounge.
      The hotel, which is attached to Ayr railway station, was originally opened by the Glasgow and South Western Railway in June 1866 and become part of the British Transport Hotels (BTH) at Nationalisation. It was sold by BTH in October 1951 and has changed ownership a number of times, having been owned by Stakis Hotels, Quality, and Swallow Hotels.
      The Station Hotel is currently the oldest and most famous hotel in Ayr. The hotel has retained almost all of its original features inside and out. The hotel started to turn away customers in 2014 and closed around 2015. After suffering neglect for some time beforehand, the building is now deteriorating; the railway station have had to take action to safeguard their customers from falling debris.
      Visited with

The car park is fenced off due to parts of the exterior falling off

Entrance and staircase

Lift and staircase on the first floor

Into the cocktail lounge....

The corridor leading to the next parts was suffering decay due to leaks in the roof

The Arran Suite...

The restaurant's kitchen

Other public spaces around the hotel...

The Kyle Suite bar area

The Carrick Room 

The Kintyre Suite

And finally, the hotel rooms...

View of the decaying rear facade overlooking the railway station
    • By GREGUL1979
      In the middle of the city ... the entire ground floor is flooded ... mold ... demolition .... Sports and medical clinic connected to the hotel. Another building written down for losses. Probably soon will be razed to the ground ... especially that in its vicinity grow new residential buildings. One can only imagine what sport stars were in this object. Have a look at the photos that remained inside ...

• By teddybear
      Was  reminded that I didn't posted anything yet so, here's a post of a recent visit to this mine. This one is not the safest one :-) . Some parts are  already collapsed.
      There are several levels but the lower did we skip. Heard that the air quality is not the best there and we didn't bring the rope ladder .
      Was nice  to explore. Hope you enjoy looking at this.