Urbexbandoned

UK Hospital Mortuary - Northern Ireland - February 2017

17 posts in this topic

Captured beautifully and what a great find! Wish we could've taken it home :wub:

:comp: 

Pretty cool this guys :)

That's a nice find! Love the little advert too, so cool!

Great, that there is no vandalism or graffitti. I hope it stays that way.

That's very very nice indeed. Great little find that guys :thumb

What a find! Interesting history and some lovely shots to go with it :) did you take it for a spin?? :-D

Cracking find that mate and great shots. Looks a belter :thumb

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SpiderMonkey
      Visited this one a year ago on the way to Scotland with @AndyK!
      The mortuary sits just on the edge of the Maiden Law hospital site, where there a few other derpy looking buildings and a live nursing home at the back of the site. 

Not really a lot to say about this one. It's a pretty nice morgue with a great amount of derp, and a tasty porcelain slab. Enjoy!

Pics - 

Cheers 
    • By Lenston
      History (Forgotten Relics)

This is the old severn tunnel that connected to the old railway bridge over the river Severn. 

Built by the Severn Bridge Railway Company between 1875-78, this 506-yard tunnel formed part of the western approach route to a mammoth cast iron rail bridge of 4,162 feet which spanned the river, joining the village of Purton on the west bank to Sharpness on the east.

One man died during the tunnel's construction which, although built for two tracks, only ever accommodated one. Both masonry side walls incorporate several refuges whilst the brick roof has been supported with rail and timber in a couple of places. From the south, the line entered on a gentle curve of 120 chains radius, climbing towards the north end on a gradient of 1:132 before levelling out about 60 yards from the entrance.

The line was cut by the partial collapse of the Severn Rail Bridge in October 1960 after being struck by two barges in thick fog. Two rail tours used the line through the tunnel to reach Severn Bridge Station in April 1964. The track was finally lifted in 1968-69.

Pics 

The old railway bridge before it was demolished in 1960

Thanks for looking 
    • By urbexdevil
      It’s been a while once again since I have explored, tied up in one of many of lifes distractions… However, I am back and this time armed with a new wide angle lens!

Exploring with one of my Instagram followers onethirtytwo_, great to meet a new explorer as well!

So, I have had my eye on this place for quite some time and watched it open and close its doors numerous times, but noticing the boarding had finally gone up and hearing the place had closed for the final time, I took the closest opportunity I could. Unfortunately, as with many places I seem to explore, the local kids had already got to it before me and smashed a lot of the place to bits.

Still with power turned on and much of the place still intact, we cracked on anyway.

• By Lenston
      History (Forgotten Relics)

The Midland Railway opened its 7½-mile branch from Yate to Thornbury in stages, completing it in September 1872. The line had opened to Tytherington in 1869 but the intervening 2¼ miles required a pair of tunnels to be engineered, totalling 391 yards. The longer of these, at 224 yards, was found 5 miles and 46 chains from the start of the branch and a stone's throw from the station at Tytherington, which gave its name to it.

Climbing a challenging 1:59 gradient, trains encountered the unassuming east portal as the single track curved southwards on a radius of 39 chains. Built in brick and colonised by ivy, it features four square pattress plates around the crown of the arch. The lining, comprising four brick rings and vertical sidewalls, only extends for about 10 yards; thereafter the tunnel shows off the rock through which it was driven.

Towards the middle is a single ventilation shaft. This was reduced in height and capped with an unusual brick dome when the M5 motorway was constructed across the tunnel in 1970-71. The railway had closed to passengers during the Second World War and goods in September 1967. A final train ran two months later, after which the track was quickly lifted. However in July 1972, the route was reopened as far as Grovesend Quarry, immediately west of the tunnel. This operational period ended in 2012 with the quarry's closure, although there have subsequently been calls to reopen the line to serve the sizeable town of Thornbury.

Pics 

Thanks for looking.
    • By darbians
      My latest short film turned out to be a bit special. I learnt a lot making this film, from shooting to editing. It could be considered a bit arty farty by some.
      So I returned to an abandoned house I found just over two years ago. The first visit I didn't get any footage I was happy with so returned with a new plan.
      Sadly I can't find any history on this small house but I believe the site was once a garden centre.

Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed. Apologies to the Raw One for another video report.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!