Sign in to follow this  
urbexosaurus

Church of the protection of our lady, Poland - May 2015

After having been offline for months, it was time to work on some pics again.

Yeah, cool… 1 set down. :)

500+ to go…. :(

Brief history;

In 1913 this rather pretty brick church was build.

Back in the day it belonged to Russia or Ukraine, not sure.

After the 2nd WW, it was given back to Poland and wasn't used as a church after that time.

Until 1990 it served it’s purpose as storage space/warehouse and was abandoned after that time, in desperate need for repair.

Even though there’s nothing left inside, it was still a nice place to spent an hour and take some snaps.

The murals are in exceptional condition, considering it’s been left to rot for many years.

Hopefully one day it’ll be restored to its full glory, although I doubt it ever will be.

So on with the shots;

32153007454_74404756c3_c.jpg

32616036610_76db47a87e_c.jpg

32956241746_edd85e2270_c.jpg

32616037840_debd445e22_c.jpg

32182610093_8123d9893f_c.jpg

32182610643_7461770533_c.jpg

32182611243_5c0fbd898a_c.jpg

32182611733_786cc86657_c.jpg

32956243696_045f45bc15_c.jpg

32616041570_64fec760fa_c.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Cheers!

Edited by hamtagger
Removed flickr links

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.

This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!

Video Link

• By GREGUL1979
      The hospital was closed less than three years ago. The facility has functioned, among others orthopedics and traumatology, rheumatology, pulmonology and surgery. The total area of the facility is about 2.38 ha. As of today, little souvenirs remain in the middle. The only thing left was the lamps in the operating rooms and some glass equipment somewhere in the attic. Despite everything, the hospital has an amazing atmosphere ... until you want to walk the long corridors. The hospital is not haunted, it has no ghosts ... it is guarded ... motion detectors, cameras and a dog make the entrance into the wild border with a miracle. Thanks to this the building is in very good condition ....
      (Sorry, translator)

• By GREGUL1979
      One of the objects located in the campsite. Why a house is bad. When I was inside, alone ... there was a squeaky door from everywhere and the cracking of the boards against each other. The blame for all this is borne by the wind and frost ... however, when you sit in such an object yourself, different thoughts come to mind. In fact, I was not alone ... my friend was outside ... but the distance between us (at a given moment and situation) was comparable to the width of the Vistula (in fact it was enough to just walk out the window). Great property, amazing atmosphere ... great rooms ....
      (Translator...sorry)

• By GREGUL1979
      It is a civil defense hall in a large plant that remembers the times of the Polish People's Republic... it was rather ... because the plant liquidated the room In the event of an armed attack, it would protect the civilian population. The room is falling apart. The equipment is rotting. Nobody cares about it anymore.

Fortunately, at the last moment I got a tip and I was able to visit and take pictures. Some of the pictures are directed, but only so I could show the entire contents of this room. Translated in a translator