shacklerurbex

UK Dyson Ceramics, Sheffield, January 2017

I had a few days off last month so decided to go to Dyson.

As you can see it was quite foggy which made the whole thing feel pretty creepy, solo explore as well. lotta fun.

I will be doing a revisit at some point and hopefully with a drone

The building, in Sheffield, closed its doors in 2006 and since then the gutted remains have been left to rust.
The Dyson Group, founded by John Dyson, opened their first factory in Sheffield in 1834 at the tail end of the Industrial Revolution, before later moving to this site.

Using new software to edit videos so should be a big improvement in quality! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By yonaguni

this house always interested me..the yard was filled with junk..old cars..and other junk..it gave the appearence of being abandoned but someone clearly lived there

the area became prime real estate..mcmansions went up and taxes went up..i knew this houses wouldent last....i went by and saw it was finally empty
      the 1st floor was a neat gloomy  house

rooms that feel like a horror movie

all the lights hung poorly..surpised there wasent a fir from them..

see more of that in a bit

upstairs'

the upstairs was nthing but an attic...no bedrooms or bathroom..this was a single floor home..

basement

a wood burning heater...thats an old way to heat a house

the last thing still hanging that shows the personality of the owner

odd old stained glass

not sure what that is...

..the dead and prarie home companion

There are a few male voices caught inside one seems like another lanuage

• By Serenity4
      This place has been on the radar for a while now but never got the chance to properly take a look. The dome itself can be seen for quite a few miles across the surrounding areas. Not a great deal of information available other than it looks like some sort of water treatment site/reservoir possibly used by the MOD, given the land its situated on. It doesn't appear to be fully derelict either as you can still here the sound of running water and the grass seems to be trimmed.

The explore went as planned, few dog walkers here and there, other than that spent a little while looking around.

• By Dubbed Navigator
      So now is the time you start seeing this type of thread pop up. Favourite cereals, dog walking moments, cheesey tunes etc...

Favourite derp should have its place

For me, this is pretty easy. After a while out of exploring I finally got my feet the taste of mould and pigeon shit they had so desperately been craving. I got out once, nothing crazy, but it was out.

A cash and carry in Leicester.

• By Sectionate
      Visited recently on my first foray over to the European side of life (can't believe it has taken so long). It was excellent / cold in the snow!

History:

On May 9, 1899, Kaiser Wilhelm II laid the first stone of Fort St. Blaise. Group Fortification Verdun group is built on top of two hills, it consists of two forts, the fort Sommy 30 ha in the south, and Fort Saint-Blaise 45 ha on the north. Group Fortification Verdun has four 150mm howitzers and six short 100mm guns. Fort St. Blaise was planned for 500 men and fort Sommy for 200 men. It could then receive two infantry companies, in addition to the gunners. St. Blaise, whose fortified barracks could receive 500 people, has 10 observation domes and 12 lookout posts.[4] The water tank's capacity was 1,300   m. 4 diesel engines of 25HP each, providing the energy necessary for Fort St. Blaise. The fort Sommy, including the fortified barracks, could accommodate 200 people, and has 6 observation domes and 8 lookouts. Its water tank could hold 600   m and it had 3 diesel engines of 20HP each, to provide the energy needed for its operation.[4] The coat of arms of Count of Haeseler is carved on the pediment of the door of the fort.

It caused the Americans a huge headache in WW2 and proved its worth as a fortified location. Patton underestimated their strength immensely.

Fort St. Blaise:

The first of the two forts, complete with short 100mm funs in place showing battle damage. 

Untitled by Nick, on Flickr

Collapsed structure / battle damage

The thing you don't realise until you get there is that the French Army have not removed any of the barbed wire entanglements, complete with foot spikes and in some places, unexploded ordnance 

Fort Sommy:

The smaller outer fort, with a machine gun cupola and two turrets with guns and a tonne more battle damage, with craters and wall collapses all over the shop!