Ninurta

Other Ghost town Akarmara. Abkhazia.

Akarmara - the former mining town in Abkhazia. After collapse of the Soviet Union and Abkhaz–Georgian conflict it was almost abandoned.

SiKzLiRQPUY.jpg

jPVPuGULpkw.jpg

MUBpX0RuNcA.jpg

H7FzUmHdBxw.jpg

cqW2Ipd7_dU.jpg

Nice one :thumb

Looks fantastic. I like the way nature regains the place.

Enjoyed watching that, I never knew of this place.

It seems nature is definitely regaining control.

There was an interesting glimpse of an apartment I wonder did the people leave a lot of things behind...

Very good video.  This place is amazing.  The music was the perfect match for the footage.  I got al little vertigo from your intro clip walking on the old rail tracks.  

It's rare that a video keeps me interested right to the end but this is awesome, thanks for posting :thumb

Nice to have some pictures of the place too, would love a wander around here :)  

:comp: 

Wow, amazing place, thanks for sharing :) 

Fantastic spot! Ace pics and video.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ninurta
      Tkvarcheli is a town in the eastern part of Abkhazia. During the War in Abkhazia (1992-3), Tkvarcheli withstood an uneasy siege by the Georgian forces. The town's power plant was bombed in the first days of the siege and then shut down.

• By Doug
      I just put this one together tonight.

It's 12 minutes long and is shot in drains (turns around to see auditorium doors swinging shut as last urbexer flees), but hopefully someone watching gets something out of it.

WARNING! It's probably not the greatest representation of urbex and it does contain some bum cheeks and some muffled crude language, but most of it is just people having a good time.

• By Mumi
      Hi everybody,
      last summer I had the oportunity to visit Nara Dreamland, a huge abandoned theme park inspired in Disneyland in Japan. In fact, this place has benn demolished, doesn't exist anymore.
      The workers busted me in the end of the visit, not a big deal but... 
      Sorry for my bad english. The video is in spanish, but you can activate the translator if you want.

Cheers to everyone!

• By Doug
      An ad for a recent interview we did.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybU7hLdz9OU

Unfortunately due to copyright it's probably only viewable in Australia, however I just thought I'd chuck it on here in case any of you visit Australia in the future or that you may know a way around it (or for any Aussies that are on OS.

I've done over 100 media interviews regarding the Cave Clan & this one is unique.
      It focuses on a few of the artists in the Cave Clan (and me )
      It's not the real Cave Clan, it's the grey haired, wrinkly & flabby Cave Clan.
      Please feel free to share.
      http://iview.abc.net.au/collection/cave-clan
      http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/DougCaveClan/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170116_104132_636_zpsa76mbnu0.jpg
    • By Andy
      The property includes the dwelling-house as well as barns. It was inhabited by a couple and their children.
      The husband already died in 1963. Later, the children left the house, the widow died in the late 1990s.
      I don't know why the house was never vacated or sold. Were there any inheritance disputes? Or are there no living relatives?
      Today the condition is so bad - mold, moisture and decay - that the house could no longer be inhabited.

Maison H. has long been known in the urban exploration scene. Also my visit was already six years ago.
      The house is still standing, but it doesn't look any longer like in my photos. Today's condition is sad, a lot of things has changed since my visit.
      Wardrobes were torn open and its content has been distributed on the floor. Several furnishings were rearranged.
      And in addition, parts of the ceiling are collapsed now. The attic can no longer be entered - also the wooden chest with the doll heads (pics 36 - 38) was up there six years ago.
      So, here are my photos from 2011:

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!