Sign in to follow this  
DirtyJigsaw

USA Boston construction site, March 17

No info on this one im afraid, i litrally got to Boston and met up with some friends for some dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe then started drinking, drunk way too much tbh, more than i intended as i was wanting to do a rooftop on the first night in the states, but by time i actually got away from all the bars was 01:41am and i just went wondering in search for a construction site. Stumbled across this one and saw the coast was clear, so hopped the fence and found a way to the top, was only about 17/18 stories but a nice view none the less. I had time to switch lenses up there too and had no trouble getting out either which was nice :)

Heres some pics, little bit grainy but hey ho.

33774750686_4a17eac951_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33659083912_f9a8dd4253_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33659074172_0a07fd81cd_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33430482450_33e25cfdce_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33685893861_cfb277ed48_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33774743076_70ed532861_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33659068542_d19a1f5c56_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33002170563_fedd287e06_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33685890861_3251cf69b0_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33659064072_35171c7676_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33659063532_e2da212f4b_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33430471120_ea0758ddda_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

33685903751_d9d91fdf65_b.jpgBoston Rooftop by Dirty Jigsaw, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

DJ

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_Raw said:

That's wicked mate, missed this post. The crane cab shot is sweet :thumb 

Thanks man :) Yeah, good old nifty fifty is great for shots like that

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Punk
      History

Owned and operated by Philadelphia Electric Company (now Exelon), the Port Richmond power generation station was built from 1919 to 1925. Designed by architect John T. Windrim and engineer W.C.L. Eglin, the coal-fired electrical generation plant was placed into service in 1925 and the station’s Neoclassical Revival design was used by the company to reflect permanence, stability, and responsibility. As designed, the station was to contain three distinct generating components; each component was to consist of a boiler house to produce steam, a turbine hall, and a switch gear building to control power distribution. At its peak, the Port Richmond station’s four huge steam turbines had a capacity of 600 megawatts.

Explore

This was the first mooch of a 3 week trip to the States.
      Philadelphia was a very interesting experience. Within 36 hours of arriving in Philly, I witnessed a racial gun incident, got pulled by the local law enforcement and saw a cop attacked with a firework. A week before I arrived the Eagles won their first Superbowl and the locals trashed the city in celebration. Interesting city, Philadelphia.
      Mooched around here with a guy from Montana and we enjoyed a few beers while walking around. Nice quiet explore, only interrupted when a scrappy followed us around briefly. I had been looking forward to this for months, and it was made better by the mist that had rolled in from the Delaware River.

(1)

(4)

(5)

(6)

(7)

(8)

(9)

(10)

(11)

(12)

(13)

(14)

(15)

(

(16)

(17)

(18)

(19)

(20)

(21)

(22)

(23)

(24)

(25)

Cheers for Looking

• By peanutbutter_crackers
      I was suppose to visit this location with several friends 7 yrs ago but it got cancelled and I don't recall why. Then shortly after people were getting arrested here and it was off the list by most explorers. A couple years ago photos started popping up from here so I planned a visit. The only bad part was I no longer lived a couple hours away and was now about 7 so it was quite a trip. I managed to get here twice thankfully and these photos are from both trips. It's a very old campus which was started in 1828 for the rich mentally ill and other buildings were built as time progressed. For a time they practiced eugenics here which then became outlawed.  The  asylum closed in the 70's  and was vacant till years later when a few of of the buildings were used as a medium- security prison.  It was then sold to a developer who has converted  several of the buildings to apartments and continues to do so.  This place is most known for it's lovely spiral staircase in the admin building. It seems most come here , shoot that and leave.....but there's so much more here that is photo worthy in that building as well as the others. It's impossible to walk quietly in here as the old wooden floors creak with every step...it was really annoying trying to be stealthy. Also a lot of the floors and walls are leaning so badly that at times it felt like you were in a fun house with the odd angles. However having said that everything is in excellent condition here with only a few minor areas with some water/weather damage. Side note the patient cemetery is also located on the grounds which is in this set.

• By Ben
      Found this place by comparing a vague YouTube video and some info I've found here and there, then confirmed with Google maps satellite. Place was pretty big, but unfortunately pretty destroyed by vandals over time. Here are some pictures I took on my scouting trip there. Will go back for more/better shots.

• By Ben
      Looking for locations preferably in Virginia, but neighboring states can turn into a camping trip easily. Ive been to Western state hospital, Eastern state hospital. I know about Renaissance Fair. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated (pm me obviously. Can you private message on this forum??🙄).
      Happy exploring!
    • By yonaguni
      this house always gave me the creeps as i drove by..then i noticed it was abadoned...I asked around and found out A Mrs Coffee live there..known as the town meanie..she had a hard life..her only son was killed in a car accident..her husband committed sucide..she had a daughter but noone knew anything about her...

The basement held the sad reminders..a buys and girls bike for children long gone...

the old lady had started hoarding...

the house was unlivable who knows how she got around

books were everywhere

several rooms were so pack all i could do was poke my camera in the door

that painting came home with me..

this was the master bedroom..it was impassable

i think the old lady slept in the bathtub

now to the really creepy room...judging by the art it looks like late 60s early 70's

wow weaird as hell..seems the daught noone knew about left as a young child or died with the brother in the same accident...because her bed room is largly unchanged since the 1970s

A very strange room

the kitchen was the only toom in the hoiuse that seemed normal

it was once a nice house..

i watched as workers picked over the house..i saw them smiling with arm fulls of stuff they decided to keep...i went in a few more times to find it almost completely stripped...i found dolls in unopened boxes..it was near chirstmas time so i took them and out them in the donation boxes for kids..before the other scavangers could grab them..they tore the house down..and quickly built another who sold quickly a new familt now lives on this spot....

I caught several voices thought my walkthough gost of this haunted doll house...makes me wonder if the new house is haunted too...