• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      And old 18 century house with had a bank function.The building is stripped of all furniture an will probably be renovated in some future.
      Needed to be a little bit inventive to gain access to this one. But later I was all alone, with the only sound coming from the people in front of the building.

IMG_1541 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1534-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1519-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1488 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1453 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1441-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1450-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By obscureserenity
      Campina Youth House

Haven't seen this one posted anywhere so I decided to chuck a quick report up on it. I would say this particular location could be described as disused rather than abandoned, as it looked like there was redevelopment work going on when we arrived. Hence why it is so nice and pristine. Anyway, onto a little bit of history I found..

History

The Youth House was orginally built as a leisure centre in Campina. A city situated roughly around the South East of Romania. It was constructed by local authorites in order to create a space for young people to participate in a range of sporting activities such as: aerobics, matrial arts and boxing. It was also established in order to promote culture and education and the house provided various facilities for the arts. The Youth House hosted a large auditorium to  showcase fairs, exhibitions, conventions, concerts and festivals. 

Visit

Visited with @darbians and Gina on a long weekend trip to Romania. We were driving past and saw what we orginally thought was a hotel and decided to check it out. Finding this place was defintely an unsuspected susprise and I'm very glad we decided to pull over. I really enjoyed photographing this one and I espiecally liked the mosiacs which reminded me of the ones at Buzludzha I had seen the previous year. I hope you enjoy my report!

When you find a window open on the top floor, gotta get a few photos from the roof 

Thanks for reading!

• By The Urban Collective
      A stunning grade two listed gem decaying right on the high street.

Featuring the stunning architecture of Alfred Waterhouse who also designed Strangeways prison the Manchester town hall.

The main building has been used for many different purposes over the years as well as Prudential themselves. And the basement club was once a Berni inns restaurant (Cafe Monico)
      a chain that served a post-war British public such delight's as sherry schooners steak and chips and black forest gateau as well as becoming a dance club in the 90's.

We had a wonderful two hours in this grade two listed time capsule. Hope you guys enjoy the pics as much as we enjoyed the explore.

Thanks for any feedback

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By yonaguni

When i was a kid this was known as  Crazy Marys house...The rumor was she froze to death but had pleanty of money to put the heat on....it wasent true..she was a mean old lady for sure who scared the crap out of me screeching  at me when i walked by..Her Husband was a doctor and who killed himself  in the house..he was an old fashiong doctor...back in his day you never went to a hospitol you went to the doctors house...he amputated arms, legs, preformed surgury in the basement..

He died in the late 1960s his wife in the 1980s...the house has never see anyone stay there for long..they alway seem to move out

After crazy mary died workers came to clean out the house..my friend knew one and he went in..i was still too scared..he came out with an skeltons skull and jaw...old time doctors used to have them...he lured me in and i saw a room filled with sinks and it was all to creepy for me

its been empty for years..and looters took the starecase and all the copper..

check out the floors

a homless person had moved in an kept himself warm almost burning the house down

For such a big house the doctor never had any children

th
      The house is for sale but it needs alot ofrepairs andthe neighborhood has declined so no one can afford it
      heres my video walkthough i hear a few ghostly voices