Andy

Germany
Hotel Green Garden (visited 03/2017)

Inside of the abandoned, very damp hotel grew mosses, ferns and other plants.

Based on the decay, it must have been closed many years ago.

Visited with @The_Raw, @Miss.Anthrope and @MiaroDigital.

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild10.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

bild14.jpg

bild15.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild17.jpg

The level of decay here makes this place so interesting. Great pics too.

That's a brilliant set @Andy, really enjoyed seeing these. I don't think my photos are anywhere near as good!

:comp: 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SlimJim
      Visited on two occasions with a non-member.

The first time round, we spent more time on the East side and completely missed the bunkers. We heard diggers and machinery, but never saw any hi-vis types. There were a fair few explorers milling about though, which gave it a sort of Upwood (but not as crap) vibe. My mate wanted to get a taste of the 'Eastern' weather. Safe to say it was pretty dismal this winter, although he avoided the worst of the snow in January. There was plenty of sludge and mud to go around though 

On our second visit we managed to get to the bunkers, but found that they were deceptively sealed. We saw less people this time round and realised that much more of the site is now rubble than we originally thought. Considering in its heyday it had over 500 buildings, I'd say there are only now a few dozen of the bigger ones left. We nearly bumped into the demo crew on site a couple of times, but the beauty of this site is that it's so big and there are so many places to hide that they're never going to catch you.

Was it worth visiting? For sure. It feels like I've ticked another one off the list and the murals and size of the place really are the redeeming elements to an otherwise bland and fooked Cold War derp. Will it be worth visiting in the future? I very much doubt it. I think within a few months it will have had it, sadly. That said, I don't think the bunkers are going anywhere at least, so I'll keep an eye on them with regards to internal access when I pass by in future.

My photos don't do any justice to the scale of the place. For that a drone would definitely be useful. The videos probably give more of an idea of the 'geography' of it all. Anyway on with the photos...

Rubbish dump. The Soviets very often dumped their rubbish in pits. This is evident all over East Germany. We found old gas masks, NBC overshoes, milk churns, boot polish, the lot!

We bumped into a super-bait, full camo clad German and his missus in this building.

Steps in the cinema.

One of many small, buried buildings in the woods.

Writing on the door.

Warhead bunker.

Bunged up door. Didn't seem worth digging out as all the other doors were welded from the other side it seemed.

Lenin mural...

More murals...

Videos. Includes other assorted East German and Polish derps from the past couple of months. May contain the odd angry Gopnik and Fietsopa quote or two.

Ace couple of weekends all-in-all. Big ups and thanks to DD for providing decent company and lulz.

Thanks for looking,

SJ.
    • By Andy
      The little house in the middle of a small town was found by chance by a colleague. She told me about it and a few days later we went there together.
       It's near to a pilgrimage route, therefore the name.

Judging by the year on a newspaper, it may have been inhabited until the beginning / middle of the 2000s.
      The door was open and so access was very easy. Inside, unfortunately, there were hardly any furnishings. But at least an old sewing machine, a cross, a blue staircase and a peacock butterfly still offered a few photogenic subjects.
      The floors were completely removed. Possibly it was originally intended to renovate the house and this plan wasn't completed; Or the wooden boards were used elsewhere after leaving. I don't know...

• By The_Raw
      Visited with @Miss.Anthrope on a last minute trip to Germany to catch up with our friends @Andy & @MiaroDigital. Not my usual type of explore but there was some nice decay in here and everything left almost in a time capsule state so it made for some nice photos. 

Thanks for looking  
    • By urban crew
      Not sure wether or not this fits perfectly in the "military" section but it's close enough.
      Hey ! I'm an explorer in Frankfurt germany and have had the chance to explore and infiltrate a huge abandonned police station in dowtown frankfurt. The building was abandonned in 2002 and what makes it really unique is the fact that it lies within the city and the skyscrapers, it gives it a special contrast between the lifelessness of the abandonned site and the busy streets and life going on in downtown frankfurt.
      Here is a link to a youtube video of my visit and a photo of the front of the building ! (note that i do not own the photo it belongs to the site lost-place.info)

The video of my exploration, check it out ! : 

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!