Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urbexdevil

UK
Co-op Supermarket, April 2017

Posted (edited)

Went to do the shopping but the shop was abandoned! We found a cookie though, but it was out of date. Far from the average  explore this one.

Maybe not at the top of everyones list to explore, but let’s face it… How often is it your local co-op or any supermarket in that fact is closed and abandoned? Best of all with power left on!

Explored with onethirtytwo_ for the second location of the day, we feared it may be a failed explore as the outside of the building looked like a new build. However on closer inspection the building was sealed up and locked tight. After a brief hop over the fence and casual stroll around the grounds, we soon found our way in.

Making our way through building, we found our way to the shop floor. What a sight it was, excuse the cliche but it really did look like a post-apocalyptic scene with the power still on, alarms beeping away and fridges and freezers still humming.

History on the place? Well… it’s a co-op, what more do you need to know?

DSC09685.jpg

DSC09687.jpg

DSC09688.jpg

DSC09690.jpg

DSC09691.jpg

DSC09696.jpg

DSC09698.jpg

DSC09699.jpg

DSC09702.jpg

DSC09704.jpg

DSC09707.jpg

DSC09710.jpg

DSC09712.jpg

DSC09713.jpg

DSC09715.jpg

DSC09716.jpg

DSC09717.jpg

DSC09719.jpg

DSC09720.jpg

DSC09724.jpg

DSC09727.jpg

DSC09729.jpg

DSC09731.jpg

Edited by urbexdevil

Thats a really cool report! I think the power being on really adds to it and I have to say I wasn't expecting the wheelchair!!! :shock:

45 minutes ago, jones-y-gog said:

Thats a really cool report! I think the power being on really adds to it and I have to say I wasn't expecting the wheelchair!!! :shock:

I thought the same thing when we found the wheelchair.

Some interesting pics. The wheelchair inside of an abandoned supermarked is really unexpectedly and a bit strange.

That's pretty cool, wasn't expecting as much stuff to be in there, looks like a fun explore :thumb 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Lavino
      Visited with @GK_WAX and @Dangle_Angle. Don't know much about it, it was used as a school up until closing in 2014. Planning permission has been given to build new houses on the grounds.It was a pleasant surprise to be greeted by the grand hallway with no damage done by the local kids.Here are some of the photos I managed to get: 

IMG_3932 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3939 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3941 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3960 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3959 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3958 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3957 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3956 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3955 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3954 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3953 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3952 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3951 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3950 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3949 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3948 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3947 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3946 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3945 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3944 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3943 by mike lavin, on Flickr

IMG_3942 by mike lavin, on Flickr
    • By Lavino
      Visited with @GK_WAX and @dangle_angle this mine was a planned visit when we set out but was driving bye. When GK mentioned the mine was close so thought we would take a look. Inside is very slippery and wet didn't stay long but managed get a few photos. 

• By Urbexbandoned
      History, of which I (believe it or not!!) didn't steal from another poster!!

Bletchley Park was the central site for British codebreakers during World War II. It housed the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), which regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenz ciphers. The official historian of World War II British Intelligence has written that the "Ultra" intelligence produced at Bletchley shortened the war by two to four years, and that without it the outcome of the war would have been uncertain.

There were 16 huts, mostly timber built. Some of those are still on site, most are demolished. One of them, Hut 4 which was used for Naval intelligence is now used as a restaurant for the museum.
      There were quite a few brick built blocks too, most of which still stand on the site. Block A: Naval Intelligence. Block B: Italian Air and Naval, and Japanese code breaking. Block C: Stored the substantial punch-card index. Block D: Enigma work, extending that in huts 3, 6, and 8. Block E: Incoming and outgoing Radio Transmission and TypeX. Block F: Included the Newmanry and Testery, and Japanese Military Air Section. It has since been demolished. Block G: Traffic analysis and deception operations. Block H: Tunny and Colossus (now The National Museum of Computing).

Explore

I visited with @hamtagger & @Session9. We had wanted to visit this place for some time and as we were making our way through the H & V's of Milton Keynes I was vocally expressing my reminiscence at the days I used to take journeys to go raving and got pretty excited when we came across V7 Saxon Street!
      Anyway when we got there I was quite surprised that this sat literally in the middle of a really built up area. We had a nice dander round Block G and then through to Block D. I really enjoyed it, very leisurely explore. No one around, at all. Everything was perfectly silent and at one point I even sat next to a window listening to visitors of the museum talk about how their wife really did make a shit cup of coffee.
      I liked the decay, especially in Block D. There was so much memorabilia I could have spent days here just trying to work out what everything was! Really pleased we eventually got around to visiting.

Anyway, on to the pics. (apologies, these are completely non edited as Flickr is stillshit but not as shit as photofuckit)

Thanks for looking!

• By Urbexbandoned
      History

A bit of a mish mash as I couldn't find much just on the Chapel but this is what I did find. 

After its closure, the land of the former Hospital was purchased for residential development by Bloor Homes. It was sold off to various other developers such as Redrow, Barratt, Harron Homes, Wimpey and PJ Livesey although Bloor’s were the major house builder for the new Wadsley Park estate which was constructed on the site of the old hospital. The Wadsley Park village consists of a mixture of houses and apartments of various sizes. Some of the old hospital structures were designated as listed buildings, the main admin block (the clock tower), Kingswood ward, the church and the porters lodge were all grade II listed and could not be demolished with the rest of the hospital.
      The administration building and clock tower were converted into 38 luxury apartments by Urbani after permission to demolish the building was denied and the building is now known as Middlewood Lodge. The Kingswood ward has been converted into 85 apartments by developers PJ Livesey and is known as Kingswood Hall. The porter's lodge on Middlewood Road has been refurbished and is now a nursery. The hospital church has been derelict for many years, it held its last service on 6 November 1996 to mark the closure of the hospital. In March 2012 plans were submitted by architectural design consultancy Coda Studios that may see the imposing Victorian church converted into a mixture of town houses and apartments. The scheme which needs approval from Sheffield City Council also contains proposals for a selection of partially underground eco-friendly bungalows beneath the building.

The Explore 

Visited with @hamtagger , we had allready been on one explore in Sheffield and were running out of daylight hours so needed one that wasn't going to take long. I had seen the post @Paulpowers had posted on this little chapel and liked the look of it. 
      Not much left to it really but what I did see was nice. The initial thought I had when seeing it was it looked like a really gloomy church. Almost hidden beneath greenery you could see the spire and top poking out as we approached. Entry was relatively easy. The ground had been dug out inside with channels in between each Column. I am assuming they do this to see what the foundations are like. Actually I didn't assume this. HT told me and I just thought it would make me a little more intelligent haha! 
      The structure is pretty sound, quite sad to see how much graf and vandalism this place has had. It's always quite sad to see someone deface the 'house of god'. Not that I am religious or anything but more respectful if anything. 
      There are some wonderful stained glass windows in here, especially the one which was placed in there just after World War II. Anyway, not much left to say on this place. 

1: The Exterior 

2: The inside looking back from the Altar 

3: 

4: 

5: The right Transept windows 

6: The remains of the Organ 

7: The Original flooring, mostly covered in Pigeon Shit 

8: One of the few remaining Stained Glass windows 

9: The part I liked the most, still 100% intact too. A little slice of history

• By The_Raw
      Krampnitz Kaserne was a military training complex built by the Germans in 1937. It was used for the training of Nazi troops until the end of the Second World War. The Germans evacuated the barracks on April 26, 1945. A day later it was taken over by Soviet troops who had immediately taken control of the area. The 35th Guards Motor Rifle Division was then stationed here until its abandonment in 1992, after the Dissolution of the Soviet Union. The whole complex consists of more than 50 buildings, mostly accommodation and storage, though it also includes an officers' club, a basketball court, a theatre and much more. Movies such as Enemy at the Gates, Inglourious Basterds, The Monuments Men, and Valkyrie shot scenes here. 

I came here on my own as I couldn't get any of the other lazy fuckers out of bed. I was pretty glad as it happens as I quite enjoy exploring on my own. You get round places far quicker and your senses are heightened so it can be a bit more intense. They weren't bothered anyway, they got to lie in and have kebabs for breakfast. Anyway, this was my third trip to Berlin, and although my previous two trips were fun, they were pretty boozy affairs so I didn't get much done. This time I was on a proper mission. For me these old German military sites are fascinating. To think that this place was full of Nazi troops during WWII is pretty mind blowing in itself, but even more so when you see the size of it in person. Some of the buildings are easily accessible but don't have much to offer. The more interesting buildings have been sealed pretty well but there are still ways inside for the most part. Here's some photos. 

2. I think this was the officers' club. Lots of grand grand rooms inside but looking a bit worse for wear now.

6. This staircase sits underneath the famous Nazi eagle mosaic. I didn't have long here as I heard voices and people entering the building through a locked door. 

7. Unfortunately however the eagle mosaic has been completely covered up with plaster. I was pretty disappointed by this but I needn't have worried as Krampnitz has tons more interesting stuff if you keep looking. You can see the eagle mural here on an old report >

8. Back outside I spotted this building through the trees

9. A basketball court / gym hall

10. I wonder if this was part of a school for children, as families spent years living here.

13. This small theatre was quite interesting. Only a couple of rows of seating remain.

16. I spotted some old German writing (siegen oder siberia) under the peely paint which translates into English as 'Victory or Siberia' 

20. There's a lot of crap graff all over the place unfortunately, I chose to avoid photographing it for the most part. These are some of the better examples I found. 

23. Just when I thought I was done I stumbled across this grand old theatre.

24. On hearing voices approaching I made my way out and narrowly avoided bumping into a couple of men with the keys to the building. They weren't dressed like security but I didn't fancy hanging around after that.

25. Finally, some old Soviet signs and murals I found on the outside of the buildings.  

30. I'd like to go back and find the rest of these as I missed a large chunk of the site so there must be tons more.  

Thanks for looking.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!