Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urbexdevil

UK Co-op Supermarket, April 2017

Went to do the shopping but the shop was abandoned! We found a cookie though, but it was out of date. Far from the average  explore this one.

Maybe not at the top of everyones list to explore, but let’s face it… How often is it your local co-op or any supermarket in that fact is closed and abandoned? Best of all with power left on!

Explored with onethirtytwo_ for the second location of the day, we feared it may be a failed explore as the outside of the building looked like a new build. However on closer inspection the building was sealed up and locked tight. After a brief hop over the fence and casual stroll around the grounds, we soon found our way in.

Making our way through building, we found our way to the shop floor. What a sight it was, excuse the cliche but it really did look like a post-apocalyptic scene with the power still on, alarms beeping away and fridges and freezers still humming.

History on the place? Well… it’s a co-op, what more do you need to know?

DSC09685.jpg

DSC09687.jpg

DSC09688.jpg

DSC09690.jpg

DSC09691.jpg

DSC09696.jpg

DSC09698.jpg

DSC09699.jpg

DSC09702.jpg

DSC09704.jpg

DSC09707.jpg

DSC09710.jpg

DSC09712.jpg

DSC09713.jpg

DSC09715.jpg

DSC09716.jpg

DSC09717.jpg

DSC09719.jpg

DSC09720.jpg

DSC09724.jpg

DSC09727.jpg

DSC09729.jpg

DSC09731.jpg

Edited by urbexdevil

Thats a really cool report! I think the power being on really adds to it and I have to say I wasn't expecting the wheelchair!!! :shock:

45 minutes ago, jones-y-gog said:

Thats a really cool report! I think the power being on really adds to it and I have to say I wasn't expecting the wheelchair!!! :shock:

I thought the same thing when we found the wheelchair.

Some interesting pics. The wheelchair inside of an abandoned supermarked is really unexpectedly and a bit strange.

That's pretty cool, wasn't expecting as much stuff to be in there, looks like a fun explore :thumb 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Vulex
      Its been a long time since I posted a report, so here is my first of 2017. I hope you're all doing well. 

History (wiki)

It was a residence of members of the princely dynasty of the Welsh kingdom of Powys and one of the taî'r uchelwyr (houses of the gentry) in late medieval Wales. It subsequently came into the possession of the Ormsby-Gore family (Lord Harlech). Its English correspondent is sometimes given as Porkington. A manuscript known to have been in the possession of Brogyntyn in 1574 was a copy of the Hanes Gruf(f)udd ab Cynan. The house itself is of brick dating from circa 1730 refaced and much added to between 1813–20 by the architect Benjamin Gummow.[3] It is noted for a portico of four giant unfluted Ionic columns with scrolls and pediment. Outside can be seen an arch with 2 pairs of unfluted Ionic columns. In the entrance hall survives an elaborately carved fireplace dated 1617.
      Brogyntyn Hall and its 1,445-acre estate, was sold by the 6th and present Baron Harlech in 2001 for less than £5m to a local developer, who divided up the estate, and investigated the potential for a retirement community development in and around the Hall.[4][5] However, the Hall and 234 acres went up for sale for £5m in December 2013.[6]

• By The_Raw
      Doughty House is a large 18th century Georgian house overlooking the Thames. It was built around 1770 with later additions. The house was named after Elizabeth Doughty, who lived there from about 1786. In 1849 it was acquired by Francis Cook, a famous merchant and art collector who went on to become one of the richest men in Britain. It remained in the Cook family for almost a century until just after the Second World War. In 1885 Francis had a 125-foot-long neo-classical gallery built to house his extensive art collection. Much of the art collection was taken elsewhere after the house was damaged by a bomb in 1944, subsequently the Cook family left the property behind. 

The house was put on the market in 2012 with a guide price of £15 million. Both the house and gallery are Grade II listed buildings. Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent were granted to retain the main property as a single dwelling and to convert the gallery into ancillary accommodation, along with re-instating Doughty Cottage as the link between the house and gallery. Works have now started on site.

While in the area with @Miss.Anthrope we took a look to see if this place had changed much since @AndyK! posted it last year. It turned out to be pretty much the same although a little bit worse off. A few bits of graffiti have appeared and sadly the ceiling of the gallery has begun to collapse in places. Still an amazing place however and hopefully renovation work will be completed before it the damage is beyond repair. 

Stay classy  

• By WildBoyz
      History

St. Peter’s Hospital is an NHS general district hospital in Chertsey, England. It is located on the Metropolitan Green Belt, between Woking and Chertsey. Originally, the hospital was built to serve casualties of the Second World War. Since that time, however, the facility has been rebuilt, developed and extended several times to include additional services such as a maternity ward, a new theatre complex and a clinic area. What is more, the main part of the hospital itself now has over 400 beds and a wide range of acute care services. As for the mortuary, it was constructed in the 1940s on the very edge of the site. It was in service up until April 2009, when it was decided that the building was too small to cope with the increase in cadavers. A new, larger, morgue was built closer to the central hospital. 

Our Version of Events

It was three minutes before midnight, and we were racing down a brightly lit corridor. At the end there was a large, heavy, blast door, and we were trying to reach it. A volley of red laser beams followed us, ricocheting off the walls as we legged it. “Halt, stay where you are”, someone yelled. Not likely I thought, as I risked taking a quick glance behind me to discover that it had come from a security guard dressed entirely in white armour. There were at least eleven of them in total, all firing their blasters in our general direction. Luckily for us, though, the force was with us, or they were incredibly bad shots; either way, all of them missed us. We’d been trying to find the Millennium Falcon in Pinewood Studeos, but secca had discovered us. So now the chase was on. 

At the blast door, DRZ_Explorer whipped out his 1250 lumen Olight SR95S UT Intimidator which, at the push of a button, produced a long white vertical laser beam – a bit like a sword. The door was locked, so DRZ_Explorer decided to improvise. He thrust his torch into the door and set about tearing a hole in it. The rest of us watched, ducking occasionally as flashes of red erupted above us. Amazingly, even though we were motionless now, the guys in the white armour continued to miss us. It was a bloody good job too, because I’m almost certain they were breaking one or two health and safety rules. Imagine if they’d actually hit us with one of those laser beams! 

After hacking away at the door for a few minutes, DRZ_Explorer eventually made enough of a hole for us all to squeeze through. One by one we clambered into the other side of the corridor. All safely on the other side, we yelled for DRZ_Explorer to join us. We peered back through the hole to see what the fuck he was up to. As it turned out, he was rather preoccupied, trying to fend off security. “ Using his UT Intimidator, he managed to deflect several blasts, but one caught him on his left arm. He grimaced, but continued to waved his torch around wildly, repelling all further shots. 

He was doing well, until a large black figure emerged among the guards. It was the site manager. He was wearing a long black cape and wielding his own 1250 lumen Olight SR95S UT Intimidator. His was red, though, and looked a lot cooler than DRZ_Explorer’s. The site manager strode forward with his free hand raised in front of him, and then, as he continued walking forward, he clenched his fist tightly. DRZ_Explorer suddenly dropped to the floor. Gasping for breath, he grasped his throat with both hands. He was being strangled by some sort of mind control trick. “Run!”, he coughed, “Run! You must get to the Millennium Falcon!” He didn’t have to tell us twice, we didn’t want to risk getting caught, so we legged it. The last thing we heard was the site manager shout, in Intergalactic lingo, was, “Summon the droids! That will flush them out”, which in hindsight probably meant, in Planet Earth English, “turn on the fucking CCTV, that’ll put a stop to these bastard trespassers!” 

An hour or so later, however, and we were all in St. Peter’s Morgue. It wasn’t a great end to the night, given that this place is a right shithole, but it was better than some alternatives – such as a crematorium, or Sunderland. Unsure how long we were going to be here, or what else the evening might have in store for us, we made do with wandering around heavily graffitied rooms that were filled with heaps of shit for a while. Thankfully, though, our cameras had survived our ordeal, so we were able to take a few snaps along the way. And there we have it, that’s how we’ve all ended up with another report of St. Peter’s Morgue rather than a victorious tale with the Rebel Alliance. 

Explored with Ford Mayhem and DRZ_Explorer. 

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

• By Lavino
      visited one evening with @dangle_angle after receiving a phone call if I want to take a look. And not being to far away we met a hour later at the library.this once would have been such a grand place it still holds a lot a character but sadly this is all being stripped back to bare brick as you can see in the photos. So there looks to be work ongoing. Would have loved to have seen it in its heyday with all the fancy plaster ceilings.heres some history and photos.
      History 
      West Derby Library (known locally as Lister Drive Library) was established with funding from an Andrew Carnegie (Philanthropist and Industrialist) grant, and opened in 1905. The Library is a one-storey brick built structure with stone dressings, a slate roof and an octagonal turret and was designed by Thomas Shelmerdine. The Library originally contained a lending library and a number of reading rooms. Sadly, following health and safety concerns, the library closed in 2006 and has remained vacant since. This period of un-occupation has resulted in the library being subject to theft, vandalism and neglect. 
      In the spirit of Hidden Liverpool I am pleased to share the following exciting news..........
      The ‘Lister Steps Carnegie Community Hub’ project (funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund) is currently in its development stage, however once completed Lister Steps aim to relocate their existing childcare services into the building. The completed Library will also serve as a centre for community engagement, a ‘hub’ offering refreshments, activities and training opportunities for the local community and visitors.
      The project will shortly begin a period of consultation with stakeholders and members of the community. The project aims to host a number of heritage activities in the near future such as tours of the Library and an oral history project.

• By Lavino
      This was another stop on the Wales tour we did with @GK_WAX and @dangle_angle and dylan.afrer the early start this was the first stop of the day where we met dylan. This big old house is in a amazing location.there isn't any history on this place is simply a abandoned house and has been named AR house I presume because of the trunk in the hallway with the AR initials on it. So if anyone does have a name or more info then please tell me.the place is in a bit of a state.but does have a nice waterfall running alongside it. So here's a few photos I took..

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!