Andy

Germany Railway tunnel (visited 04/2017)

The history of this railway line begins in the 19th century. In 1927 the tunnel with a length of 481 meters was completed. After financial problems, the route was officially inaugurated on 5. November 1932 - 65 years had passed from the first idea to the completion of the railway line. The construction had cost around seven million reichsmarks, hundreds of workers had been rewarded, dozens were injured, two of them deadly.

In Second World War, the railway line was heavily damaged by bombs in 1944, but returned to operation in 1949. In 1976, the Federal Ministry of Transport finally ordered the permanent suspension of the passenger train service. Until 1988, the line was only used for goods transports and finally shut down in the same year.

It was already my fourth visit of this place - because the railway tunnel isn't far away from me. So it's easy to go there again and again and show it to others (visited with two non-members).

bild01.jpg

bild02.jpg

bild03.jpg

bild04.jpg

bild05.jpg

bild06.jpg

bild07.jpg

bild08.jpg

bild09.jpg

bild11.jpg

bild12.jpg

bild13.jpg

bild14.jpg

bild15.jpg

bild16.jpg

bild17.jpg

bild18.jpg

bild19.jpg

5 hours ago, The_Raw said:

Great photos @Andy, how did you get the effect in pic 8??

:comp: 

Thanks! :)  I have adjusted the light cone of the torch to "small" and not bright. Then I turned the torch in a circle while I went through the tunnel. Exposure time was 30 seconds with aperture 8 and ISO 400. The red light next to me comes from a headlamp.

Lovely this Andy, very much like a tunnel here, i thought it was the same one at first, great pics :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      I visited the chocolate factory already more than four years ago. Inside it was partly very dark - much darker than it looks in the photos. The plaster had fallen from the ceiling; a gray damp mud lay on the floor and stuck stubbornly to the shoes.
      After the owner died, the factory was closed over 20 years ago. The widow of the manufacturer still lives in a dilapidated house next to the factory. In the past years, the condition has worsened a lot. Meanwhile, the roof of the former factory has almost completely collapsed.

• By Lament

A former ballhaus somewhere in the eastern of Germany. At the moment they are renovating the building and for a small amount of money you can get acces for taking photographs. 

• By Strange Artifact
      1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

A legal visit during a photo base on 21-10-2017.
      Felt like a last chance because renovation is being prepared. We could notice the painting done during the filming of 'a cure for wellness' very well since we did the bathhouse an men's complex illegal in 2016. Still an impressive location of course and the photo's won't be much of a surprise i guess.
      I already had a fascination for abandoned buildings, but my first visit at Beelitz Heilstatten in 2014 really kicked of my passion for photography of the abandoned world.

Hope you enjoyed viewing this thread!
      grts, Peter