6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

A legal visit during a photo base on 21-10-2017.
      Felt like a last chance because renovation is being prepared. We could notice the painting done during the filming of 'a cure for wellness' very well since we did the bathhouse an men's complex illegal in 2016. Still an impressive location of course and the photo's won't be much of a surprise i guess.
      I already had a fascination for abandoned buildings, but my first visit at Beelitz Heilstatten in 2014 really kicked of my passion for photography of the abandoned world.

Hope you enjoyed viewing this thread!
      grts, Peter

• By franconiangirl
      The public bath, constructed in the style of Art Nouveau, consists of three pools (two for men, one for women). Additionally, it had several showers, steam- and public baths and even an own bath for dogs. It was opened in 1914 after a construction time of three years (1911 - 1913). In the same year it was shortly closed due to the start of World War I. The entry prices at that time were between 10 - 40 pfennig (former German currency).
      During WW II the swimming pool was protected due to different air raid precautions, which contained mainly brownout through covering the windows with curtains or cardboards. Some lamps and windows were also coated with paint. Below the consisted several bomb shelters for the nearby population. Despite all measurement, the building was largely destoryed due to several bombings. After the war it had to be reconstructed, which took around 15 years until it was completed totally. In the 1970s the number of visitors decreased steadily, due to a lack of investments, which made the baths more and more unattractive compared to other, more modern swimming pools. In the year 1994 the baths was closed and hasn´t been opened until today. It was temporarily used for popular techno parties in the 90's but the future is still uncertain.
      A re-use as a swimming pool has been considered to be unprofitable so far. It´s a pity to see such amazing architecture in the state of decay.

• By franconiangirl
      The small funeral chapel was an accidental find. The chapel is located a bit seclusively in an area which is off the beaten track anyway. But the area around it appears to be pretty neat. The chapel hardly catches anybody´s  eyes. Only the exact observer will spot it. That might be the reason why the shmall church is still in a pretty good condition. 

You´ll approach and explore a very peaceful place. A metall door, that leads into the cellar, is half-open. You can´t see anything but darkness. I walk by the door and enter the chapel from behind through an open door. As soon as I had entered the chapel, It appeared to me that this place wasn´t an ordinary chapel. It was obviously used as a funeral chapel. The first room you´ll enter is a tiled room, which was apparently used for washing and preparing the bodies before burial. After that you´ll reach the actual chapel. which was used for funeral ceremonies. An old, red carpet is still lying around and a big cross is still painted on the wall. In the attic you´ll find the former staff rooms. 

While my fellow-urbexers were taking their photos in the chapel, I remembered the door leading into the cellar. So I went to explore the cellar on my own. Cellars have never been my favorite place but after knowing about the purpose of this chapel it definitely didn´t help to feel better. I had barely squeezed through the door when I saw the construction on the stairs, which was obviously used for the transportation of the bodies up and down the stairs. Someone had placed a broken cruzifix on it.  I went down the stairs following them into the pitch-dark cellar. I was right in the middle of the former morgue of the chapel. An old apron was hanging on the door, a wooden cross leaning against the wall. Even old utensils for preparing the bodies. In a side room was the former cooling room with the mortuary refrigerator (tightly closed). In the next small room you could find old coffin lids.  My eyes became gradually adjusted to the darkness, which let the place appear less scary. 

When my friends started to capture the cellar, I waited on an old stone bench. It was a wonderfull autumn´s day. I really felt the tranquility of this place. If these walls could talk, this place could tell many stories of grief and goodbyes. Yet, the peacefulness and the location of this place even comforted me. Such a nice place to say good-bye.