• Similar Content

• By RiF
      Visted with Thurisaz & Shadow
      I always see something new to photograph when I go here
      Still know photo's of ghosts

& the amazing group shot

The rest can be viewed here...http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/Zoot337/Newton/Newton3/?start=0
    • By evo_mad
      I've put this in misc as I'm not sure whether it's military or industrial. The walls and roof underground look very, very military but the location and above ground decor is very industrial.
      First thing I knew about this explore was when Hood_mad phoned me and said "Dude, I've found an underground vault, you need to be here!!!"
      Suffice to say, I flew out of work, followed his directions and ended up next to him facing a heavy LOCKED steel door with my shiny new 8Mp Samsung i8510.

A ring to a friendly locksmith and 2 hours later the lock was drilled and the door was open.

Inside was, unfortuantely not much, but there were some groovy aiming marks on the walls.
      Walking around, still underground, we found this paper dated Thursday June 30th 1977

Dartboard.

Scoreboard

Mmmm, telephone wiring.

Large room with warnings.

This was a once only , so I hope I did it justice.
      I'm still trying to get to grips with all the settings on my new camera, so bear with me.
      J.
    • By superwide
      I had a few hours spare this afternoon so I decided to take a look at RAF Lympne's huts and some of the bunkers.
      Here are my pics....
      One of the bunkers:

This little chap made the strangest rasping noise when he opened his wings to warn me off:

The grate of death:

Something did not make it:

The sheds:

Not so pukka now:

Camping anyone?

Hauled its last load:

Who go's there:

Do you think I upset him?

Anyone know what this place is? maybe a refuelling tank and pump house:

Pipes leading from hut in the direction of the runway:

• By evo_mad
      Flashearth link http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=52.923377&lon=-2.647387&z=16.9&r=0&src=msa
      Driving along after Hood_mad and I had been working in the Shropshire, I spotted some barrack buildings hidden in woods at the side of the road.

We stopped, and went to explore.
      Tilstock Airfield (formerly RAF Tilstock) is a World War 2 airfield located 3 miles south of Whitchurch in Shropshire. The village of Tilstock is about 2 miles west of the airfield. The site is also known as Prees Heath, after the neighbouring village Prees. The airfield comprised of 3 runways of which only one remains in use today.
      The site was in use during World War I as an Army training camp.
      Construction of the airfield was completed by mid 1942, the name 'Whitchurch Heath' being used until 1 June 1943, when Tilstock was adopted. Between 1 September 1942 and 21 January 1946, the airfield was used by No. 81 Operational Training Unit and No. 1665 Heavy Conversion Unit Royal Air Force for the training of pilots and crews in the operation of Whitley, Stirling and Halifax heavy bombers. During the 1950's, Auster AOP.6 'spotter' aircraft of No. 663 Squadron RAF used the facilities of the otherwise non-operational airfield during weekends for liaison flights with Royal Artillery units.
      Located near the junction of the A41 and A49, the airfield is still being used today at weekends for skydiving. Skydivers have used the airfield for Tandem Skydiving and running Parachute Jump Courses since 1966. The direction of the remaining runway is 33 (330) and 15 (150).

Then, when we looked round the back of the barracks, we found a bunker, which we now know to be the Battle HQ.

Air vent.

Old toilet roll holder.

Chest freezer??

Switchboard wiring.

Chair shot.

This was a fantastic, lucky find and now that I know some more information about it, I will be back to look at the control tower etc.
      Cheers for looking,
      J.
    • By SuZyQue
      Visited this place last year with StEaLtH and Lynton and Rachael and a few others, it was fantastic. Enjoy the pics.

From the filmset, this was fantastic inside.

This was one of the best places I've explored, Enjoy the pics.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!