Grey Walker

Finding new places to explore

When I have been looking for places to explore I've been looking for places relatively close to me to photograph. Most of the places tho have been ransacked and vandalised. Recently tho I visted a place that hasn't been expored yet or trashed and I would like to be able to capture more of those places. I've seen posts like one which I think is amazing.

So how do you guys find these places, is it local knowledge and word of mouth? do you guys reach out to the owners of these places to see if they would be open to let you take photos?

Hi there

When I started it was like you said - places were mostly trashed and shitty but gradually with a bit of research, getting out and about, meeting people it got better - nicer places & more under the radar. Sometimes with abandoned houses its just pure luck!

As for the link you put I didn't see it when it was posted and if I'd found that place I would have pinched myself and thought holy fuck I've struck gold here! :o  

Research is always beneficial imo. Like @jones-y-gog says the more people you meet the better as you can 'trade' so to speak when you trust them. 

I always concentrate on an area, pick somewhere you'd like to go then see what else is in the area. I am not too fussed about finding something new. It's just a bonus if we do. If I like the look of somewhere I go & that's that :)