Sign in to follow this  
Doug

Other DeScent RIP. Tribute Video

Details in video.

DeScent drowned tragically (is there any other way) in a Brisbane drain as a result of a flash flood.

[youtube=

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

Nice tribute Doug, I remember reading about this, a tragic reminder of the dangers of draining. I'll share this onto the Facebook group as well. Cheers :thumb 

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:23 PM, The_Raw said:

Nice tribute Doug, I remember reading about this, a tragic reminder of the dangers of draining. I'll share this onto the Facebook group as well. Cheers :thumb 

Thanks and thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By anthrax
      Disclaimer: Some of the images displayed in my album contain anti semitic graffiti. I'm not promoting anti semitism here but am only showcasing what's inside this bunker. 

Today's post is about the exploration of a World War II bunker, that has  been abandoned since approximately 1955, when Austria signed the Declaration of Neutrality. Construction began during the war but because of the siege of the Red Army, the bunker was never finished.
      Nowadays, most of the former exits have been walled off with only one proper entry and exit remaining. Rescuing people trapped in certain areas of the facility would be close to impossible, due to some entrances being filled with stones and mud.

You imagine bunkers like concrete mazes and even though it looked like one, it was hard to get lost. It was very easy to navigate around even though the tunnels measure about 700m (0.45 miles) in total. Initially, there were around 5 to 7 entrances throughout the whole structure which made it impossible to get lost.

DSC_5054 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_5090 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_6369 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If anyone is interested in more, the full album of photos can be found here and my post about the structure here. 

• By anthrax
      Hello folks!

I recently visited an abandoned military barrack which was used by Pioneers for almost a hundred years. The area is abandoned for a few years now, 2015 the buildings were used for accommodation for refugees. Since somewhere around then, the place sits empty. There are already plans on how the area is going to be used once they tore down the remains of the barracks. A new district housing around 2500 people, a school campus and a kindergarten amongst other things will be built here. All that a car-free zone. Can't say I'm too bummed about that, sounds like it could be a sick project! 

DSC_6512 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_6494 by anthrax, auf Flickr
      DSC_6478 by anthrax, auf Flickr

If I could excite you for more, check out the full album here or my post about it here. 
    • By Doug
      Not the greatest photos ever, but yeah... mine are the after shots (shown first) and the before shots (shown after) are 25 years old and not mine.
      I hope that all makes sense

• By Riding Japan
      Urban exploration in Japan is called Haikyo which is also the word "ruin" as far as i know.

I ve made a few videos and i d like to share them here.

please have a look and tell me what u think.

PS: why is there no flag tag thingy for japan xD

• By JohnAgnelo
      As i promise i came back on the other day to this wonderfull house, this time someone was there and some of the windows where open. A take some photos with this incredible light. And finally explored the rest of the house, it has some really big rooms, each one more beautiful than the other. I also got a lot of new information on the property.
      You can read about the first visit here:

Now let's go see the house.

This is the dinning room, In here the family would dine with a wonderfull view of the river and the city on the other side, with their carved fireplace giving them warm.
       This room is really big, around 3 to 3 and a half meter tall.

This is the most beautifull in my opinion. It would be the living room and also a place to entretain guests. It as a incredible fireplace with carved wood and as views to the front of the house and river, unfortunately the floor is full of pieces of chandelier.

This derelict chapel once hosted private prayers, the priest would come from the church every sunday to give it to the count's family.

This is the guest room, also very damaged.

This is the entrance hall, it has a wonderfull dome covering it, through this doors already passed princes, dukes, counts, Presidents and industry tycoons.

This stairs lead to the main bedroom, the iron work in beautifull.

Over the stair a rotten skylight let light shine on the old stairs.

This is the main bedroom, it as a balcony but is too exposed to the street, in here the last true count died 40 years after the monarchy was abolished.

This is the extension that where added to the house in the 30's

It's really a wonderfull house, a remainder of a far by gone era.

Hope you enjoyed.