Zen1991

UK Station Houses - Withcall, Lincolnshire (Oct '17)

So this is my first post on this forum, I found out about these houses on a Abandoned Lincolnshire group on Facebook and thought they were definitely worth a trip, but... the first trip wasn't very successful, the address for these houses took us to two houses on the other side of Withcall that were at one point abandoned but have since been knocked down, so after about half an hour of looking around it became very clear the houses weren't there.

After talking to the person who posted them originally and finding out the real location we headed back up to find them. We had to make sure we kept quiet as there is a neighbor attached to the 2nd station house and we weren't sure they'd have appreciated a night time visit from 3 explorers haha. 

Access to the house is easy, the doors being left open is always convenient. Walking around the houses only took 30 minutes or so , but was still a nice little explore. It's one of them places that besides a few repairs and some serious wallpapering, it looks like the family could just walk back through the front door and pick up their lives where they left off which gave the houses a real creepy vibe.

I guess that's all that really needs to be said about these houses. Here's a few pictures: 

37054541424_0ede5fa924_b.jpg

37054548614_9bd48af563_b.jpg

37093510983_c3f9c53357_b.jpg

37093520103_1c7e1141f8_b.jpg

37093524043_2523386899_b.jpg

37093529063_ae6f15a33b_b.jpg

37093534503_4a42fdfa1d_b.jpg

37093538343_f91c2d0e46_b.jpg

37093544693_fbb161997d_b.jpg

37715414266_58cd0d4b5b_b.jpg

37715418056_3468b0fc5f_b.jpg

37763781261_a4bbc8cf8d_b.jpg

37763785811_bc9ec5ca74_b.jpg

37505289060_1ab580dcc1_b.jpg

37505292300_aa8470b0bf_b.jpg

37054607514_7540c9360a_b.jpg

Thanks for reading:) 

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum! :) 

Nice, that pink bathroom. ;)  I like the red door with the green lamp behind.

• Thanks 1

As above - a warm welcome to OS!

Once you got a lead it's worth persevering, as you've found here. 

I guess an estate agent might say would benefit from some modernisation....

B)

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By yonaguni

this house always gave me the creeps as i drove by..then i noticed it was abadoned...I asked around and found out A Mrs Coffee live there..known as the town meanie..she had a hard life..her only son was killed in a car accident..her husband committed sucide..she had a daughter but noone knew anything about her...

The basement held the sad reminders..a buys and girls bike for children long gone...

the old lady had started hoarding...

the house was unlivable who knows how she got around

books were everywhere

several rooms were so pack all i could do was poke my camera in the door

that painting came home with me..

this was the master bedroom..it was impassable

i think the old lady slept in the bathtub

now to the really creepy room...judging by the art it looks like late 60s early 70's

wow weaird as hell..seems the daught noone knew about left as a young child or died with the brother in the same accident...because her bed room is largly unchanged since the 1970s

A very strange room

the kitchen was the only toom in the hoiuse that seemed normal

it was once a nice house..

i watched as workers picked over the house..i saw them smiling with arm fulls of stuff they decided to keep...i went in a few more times to find it almost completely stripped...i found dolls in unopened boxes..it was near chirstmas time so i took them and out them in the donation boxes for kids..before the other scavangers could grab them..they tore the house down..and quickly built another who sold quickly a new familt now lives on this spot....

I caught several voices thought my walkthough gost of this haunted doll house...makes me wonder if the new house is haunted too...

• By jw94
      Not a lot about this place, I believe the bowling part shut down in 2009 and then the crystal maze part shut down in 2010. Oakwood own this place and have no plans for it besides letting it rot away. Whoever is trying to look after this place is attempting to keep people out. Heard about this place from a different site, easy to find, such a pain in the arse to get into as there's a very tight gap to try and squeeze through..

Thee maze is bigger than first thought, only uploaded a few pictures of that. 

• By jones-y-gog
      One from the vault. Did a quick search on this one and surprisingly saw very little in the way of reports - so thought I'd share my take on it.

Back in the day this place was quite infamous - mostly it seems due to the few 'bad apples' that lurk within the exploring community. Stories of looting and selling out to the media were rife. 

It is quite a special place for me as its the kind of place that's close to where my ancestors lived and I can imagine its the kind of place they would call home. Its located in a wild and isolated place, it would have been a harsh and bleak landscape to live in at times but in its own way stunning and beautiful. 

I visited twice in the early part of 2015. The house had obviously been left unoccupied a very long time until it suddenly appeared on the radar. The owners had become aware of this and tried securing it.  On my first visit I noticed a big new shiny padlock was in place on the outhouse. When I returned about a month later the whole door had been smashed. A little later all doors and windows were boarded up, leading to an unofficial renaming by one clever wordsmith as Shroud Cottage. It appears that also didn't deter those with no sense of respect in the search for 15 minutes of Facebook fame. 

Enough of the backstory and on with the pictures:

• By stevieboy
      Say "Saltersgate Inn" on our away weekend and the reading is fascinating

https://www.thewhitbyguide.co.uk/the-legend-of-the-saltersgate-inn-part-1/