Landie_Man

UK Moreton in the Marsh District Hospital - September 2017

Moreton in the Marsh District Hospital - September 2017

Visited a few weeks ago with Mookster and two other non-members for one of their bithdays.  

It was a very relaxed explore as you'd expect; pretty trashed and stripped of most things, but still retained some photographic merit.  We were caught on the way out by a friendly and incredibly confused security guard who didn't really have an awful lot to say and just smiled a lot!

Moreton-in-Marsh Cottage Hospital was a small Victorian hospital built in the Cotswolds. It's closure in 2012 came about after a new much larger facility opened just outside the village.

Moreton Cottage Hospital was built in 1873 by private subscription.  Lord Redesdale gave the land at the north end of the town in Back Ends. The first small stone building had seven beds, but this was extended in 1879 following a £3,000 request by Dr. William Sands Cox, the founder of Queen's College, Birmingham.

In 1886 The Joseph Phipps Charity donated a further £1,000 stock to the hospital in and an operating theatre was built in 1900. By 1919 the hospital was extended further, when £2,000 was given to the hospital, and again in 1935.

Moreton in the Marsh Cottage Hospital; which had been managed by trustees, eventually came under the authority of the Banbury and District Hospital Management Committee after 1946.

There are a several buildings within the site, the main hospital and a much more modernised outpatients clinic. After the hospitals closure, bits of the hospital have been used by a prop hire company as storage but now the whole site remains disused.

36535449424_9ee0bbcbec_b.jpg

36990000340_4a79d8d401_b.jpg

37198177396_20ab0287ae_b.jpg

36990068930_7203d69139_b.jpg

37245279931_c072f63168_b.jpg

37245239601_b69042cc4a_b.jpg

37245131481_c2c5f699fb_b.jpg

36535725194_51013e64c9_b.jpg

37198571156_798fbe88c7_b.jpg

36535342874_8a61444ef8_b.jpg

Thanks for Looking, more at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157686204703971

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges 1st ever photographic report - may 2018

Smudges has been known by numerous other names over the years from The Crofters Arms Hotel to McGees to Moghuls Palace but has always retained it's charm and character.
      A true time capsule rotting away in the heart of Bolton. Featuring some stunning hand-carved bars and one of two of this type of revolving doors that exist the other located in a grand hotel in London.

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

Thank you for checking out my pics guys!

Clarky

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges A.K.A The Crofters Arms Hotel and McGees first ever video report May 2018

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By teddybear
      A large hospital,build in the 60's and will be demolished soon. It was one of the hospitals where they also removed the lamps and tables in the OK room.
      But still a nice location for a Saturday with a nice staircase.

More can be found on my flickr page.
      http:// https://www.flickr.com/photos/94301594@N07/albums
    • By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi all, we are back already with another video! This time we had been tipped off of an abandoned Chinese resturant in Southampton and what an explore it was! It turns out that everything had been left behind although the place being slightly trashed.

I couldn't find to much in regards to history of this place but I don't think it's too extensive but after looking at the reviews it seems pretty obvious why this place was closed down as it was stated as having terrible customer service and wasn't very hygenic.

Hope you like the video, like always open to feedback. I am looking at getting new equipment to help with low light so please bear with me!