Stussy

Italy Manicomio Di Quarto - April 16

During a Italian trip waaaay back in 2016, I visited this rather lovely Manicomio in the heart of a seaside Italian City, it was impressive to say the least.  Huge stairs, huge windows, high ceilings, but sadly rather empty, but I enjoyed it enough to go back this year with Baroness Von DerpBangers.

26572227664_2771504b75_z.jpg

27145024556_bdc4c8264a_z.jpg

27082935862_e3510a9b5c_z.jpg

26903692120_c0cb36135c_z.jpg

27178072655_8efb4283a3_z.jpg

26903698160_dc588ff3ef_z.jpg

26903700210_4c461436a7_z.jpg

27109585421_7ec75218e5_z.jpg

27109586011_88edf771d6_z.jpg

27145065416_814b2955ab_z.jpg

26573636623_e06794fa1b_z.jpg

27109605851_409f41ea80_z.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 4

Thanks guys, appreciate it, took a longer break than I expected, a lot of shitty reports to come hahah!

• Like 2

Fascinating place. And I really like how you edit your photos.

Thanks Andy, I have since moved on from these photos processing, probably for the worse!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      A large hospital,build in the 60's and will be demolished soon. It was one of the hospitals where they also removed the lamps and tables in the OK room.
      But still a nice location for a Saturday with a nice staircase.

More can be found on my flickr page.
      http:// https://www.flickr.com/photos/94301594@N07/albums
    • By SouthCoastUrbex
      Hi everyone! This is my footage of Battle Hospital in Reading. I visited in May 2018 and the explore went extremely well as we managed to search the entire site without any interruptions and oh my what a place to explore!

A Little History
      The site was created in 1867 as a Workhouse which went on to be known as the Reading Union Workhouse. They added an infirmary to the site between the years of 1889 and 1892 which added the space for an extra 185 beds! Amongst the First World War it was then known as the Reading War Hospital. It was then in 1930 that it became Battle Hospital but it's not over quite yet as in 1952 they built a new maternity unit which was known as Thames Block and then in 1972 they built a new block called Abbey block so by 1993 Battle Hospital was able to accomodate 280 beds however this was not great compared to the 760 beds at Reading's other hospital, the Royal Berkshire Hospital.

It was then in 2005 that Battle Hospital closed it's doors for the final time with all the patients being transferred over to the Royal Berkshire hospital in a new block which would be known as Battle block.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully you found something of interest

• By Hooismans
      In 1960 Alfa Romeo grow out of their old factory located in Portello and started with the construction of a new plant located in Arese. This new plant had an Centro Stile (Design centre), Offices, Powerplant, Centro Technico (technical centre), and much more. Unfortunately in 2005 the whole factory closed after the last V6 Busso engine rolled out of the factory which made the once modern factory abandoned.
      In 2014 the factory was demolished to make place for a mall and parking spots, the only thing that still remain are the old technical centre and the design centre. 

In the summer of 2017 I was in the area so I decided to go and have a look at what remains of the factory. To my surprise there were still sections open and it had even had some papers and some car parts inside.

Thanks for reading and I hoped you liked it!

• By peanutbutter_crackers
      I was suppose to visit this location with several friends 7 yrs ago but it got cancelled and I don't recall why. Then shortly after people were getting arrested here and it was off the list by most explorers. A couple years ago photos started popping up from here so I planned a visit. The only bad part was I no longer lived a couple hours away and was now about 7 so it was quite a trip. I managed to get here twice thankfully and these photos are from both trips. It's a very old campus which was started in 1828 for the rich mentally ill and other buildings were built as time progressed. For a time they practiced eugenics here which then became outlawed.  The  asylum closed in the 70's  and was vacant till years later when a few of of the buildings were used as a medium- security prison.  It was then sold to a developer who has converted  several of the buildings to apartments and continues to do so.  This place is most known for it's lovely spiral staircase in the admin building. It seems most come here , shoot that and leave.....but there's so much more here that is photo worthy in that building as well as the others. It's impossible to walk quietly in here as the old wooden floors creak with every step...it was really annoying trying to be stealthy. Also a lot of the floors and walls are leaning so badly that at times it felt like you were in a fun house with the odd angles. However having said that everything is in excellent condition here with only a few minor areas with some water/weather damage. Side note the patient cemetery is also located on the grounds which is in this set.

• By Satori
      Built in the early 1700s, and modified during the 1800s, the external stables have recently collapsed.