The_Raw

Italy Villa SS, Italy - September 2017

An abandoned villa, named SS after the town it resides in. Not much to say really, a waste of a perfectly good house! Not my usual kind of explore if I'm honest but it made a change and kept @Miss.Anthropehappy!

36413197734_d6d3d27905_b.jpg

37251224895_1babfe035a_b.jpg

36852762500_ae56b741c5_b.jpg

Same room but with the balcony doors opened to allow the sunlight in 

36436687283_36187fabbe_b.jpg

37251190375_7340be4416_b.jpg

36436772703_7f9244789a_b.jpg

36413284704_7e8eec85ec_b.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumb 

• Like 5

Nice one. Of course I like the ceilings, but my favorite are the different red colors in the last photo.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Landie_Man
      Monkton Farleigh Down, Ammunition Tunnel, Wiltshire – December 2017

Moving on through my backlog of explores; to one myself and Mookster visited back in December.  It was to be a nice, slow paced Pre-Christmas day of explores; but sadly this was to be the only site we explored that day.  Unfortunately my car had developed an exhaust leak that morning and the rest of the day was rather noisy until the vehicle was repaired. 

The Monkton Farleigh ammunition depot made use of an old stone quarry below a plateau; around 450 feet above the valley floor in which ran the main line railway.  This railway was its principal source of supply.

Before the depot could be commissioned, an efficient means was required to bring in ammunition from the railway at Farleigh Down Sidings. These sidings were just over a mile from the depot as the crow flies but over four miles by road along pretty heavy going,  tortuous country lanes.
      The tunnel at Monkton Farleigh was designed to handle around 1000 tons of ammunition each day. Completion was not scheduled until 1941.

The tunnel to the railway sidings at Shockerwick was a big player in the Monkton Farleigh mine; offering a secure route which in turn, was invisible to aerial reconnaissance.

As Always everyone,  Thanks!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157665020437557
    • By Hooismans
      In this video we are exploring an abandoned asylum which opened in 1930 and closed in 1997.

I hope you liked the video!

• By Landie_Man
      Ida Darwin Hospital, Cambridge, September 2017/Jan 2018         

Another year, another one of Landies big backlogs!   I first did this site back in September with a non-explorer friend.  It was pretty boring overall and the one building which looked any good, turned out to be inaccessible.  I later heard the warped door round the back needed a bit of extra tug; but was open!  Doh! 
      I kept hold of the photos until I returned in January of this year with another non explorer and went for the more intact building!  Sadly upon arrival; we found the nice part of the hospital to be completely trashed!  Double Doh!
      Still, it was a day out and good to be in somewhere. 

The hospital is partly live, but seems to be closing at a fair rate of knots. 

Way back in the late 19th century; people with brain injuries and single mothers were referred to as "feeble minded" and local authorities were to provide public asylums to house those deemed to be "pauper lunatics".
      Fulbourn Asylum was opened in 1858 for the feeble minded people of Cambridge to be kept in as it was considered that those people should be segregated from the rest of society.

By the 1960s, the need for provision of dedicated care and support of the mentally handicapped people in the area was noted. The below site was chosen by The East Anglia regional Hospital Board; next to the Fulbourn mental hospital.
       The then new hospital site catered for 250 residents and the aim was that the facilities would enable each resident to maximise their greatest potential. The hospital was named Ida Darwin and has been slowly closing down over the last couple of years.

There was also a weird poo room where someone had turned a table on  its side and had been going behind the table turned over.  Perhaps someone living rough here.  

As Always, thanks guys!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157693924924014
    • By Hooismans
      This is my first video of this 60s hotel located somewhere in Italy.

I hope you liked the video!