Hi. I've just joined and am a novice explorer with good camera skills and a love of WW2 and Cold War fortifications, bunkers and anything with character and some history. I live in Barnet which is either very north London or just Hertfordshire. Looking for anyone in the area with similar interest and for advice and help in getting started. I've been a longtime fan of this site and the work you guys do and felt it was time to join and see some sites before they are all gone. I've just turned 40 and this was on my list. It was this or WW2 reenactments but I couldn't justify the cost! All respect to them but it's just too far out of my budget (some of the kit is astronomical). Also it's a bit too much like Dads Army for me. I can help with logistics, carrying stuff, making great food and drink, lighting and general enthusiasm and respect for others and the places visited. I want to see more before all traces of WW2 or anything pre 2000 is wiped off the map and replaced with flats. Keep up all the great work and serious respect to your photos as they are pieces of artwork

Hello folks. Thanks for the welcome. I had a feeling something odd went in with my initial post and it was lost in the ether somewhere! Obviously I’ve not had any response from anyone in my area but hopefully that will change now. I’ll keep watching the site and start doing some research for desirable exploring in or around the area

• Like 1