France U-Verlagerung W, France - October 2017

The first stop on a recent trip to France and Luxembourg with @Andy. A former limestone mine in France, later used during WW2 for the production of oxygen. Quite a small  mine and mostly flooded but there were some nice photos to be had. 

Thanks for looking :thumb 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Quality pics there :) Is that a cows head far away or a rats head up close? :D 

Cheers guys. Think it was a sheep Trev :grin:

Nice pictures of the cave and of yourself. I liked the different colors inside and of course the lot of skulls. :D 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Andy
      Once the magnificent property in East Germany housed a spa building. Around 1950, the building was converted into a hotel, which was given the name of a Duchess. In the 90s, it was closed for cost reasons, since it decays visibly.
      The Explore
      Access was easy; the front door was locked, but some open windows and a open door at the back.
      My first visit was in 2011. Now I returned to see how the building has changed over the past seven years.
      Many ceilings and floors had collapsed meanwhile, and some areas I could't enter therefore. Unfortunately, some things were destroyed by vandalism or were stolen. For example, all banisters and the ornamented window arches. But on the other hand, the natural decay of the past few years has been very interesting.

Here are also a few comparison pictures and some photos from 2011 of rooms that couldn't be entered anymore today.

21 - Also this rose has been gone due to the collapse of the ceiling.

• By bob
      An oil refinery being decommissioned... I went there with my bicycle, managed to get it past the first fence which was nice xD
      I hope i didn't put too many photos...
      D90 with sigma 17-70

• By obscureserenity
      Mineral Springs Bath House
      The construction of the Mineral Springs Bath House  began in 1907. This was in order to bring in more tourism and wealth into the area. The town it was built in was an excellent location to host a bath house, as it was well known for it's rich mineral water sources which was believed to have medicinal properties. During the start of the 20th century mineral baths were a very fashionable and popular leisure activity. It took 3 years to build, with the help of local residents and neighbouring villages. It was finally unveiled with a ceremony in 1911.

The materials which were used for the interior were designed in Vienna, France and Belgium and it was the most expensive healing bath in Bulgaria at that current time. Typical to most bath houses, it was separated into two sections, one for the men and another for the women. Both areas accommodated for it's visitors with a large circular pool, changing rooms and 10 bathtubs. The baths also provided central heating facilities, the main parts of the building were kept consistently at 15°C, the changing rooms at 28°C and the baths themselves were 32°C. The bath house was also equip with a clinic, admin offices and a large laundry room.

Sadly the Mineral Springs Baths eventually closed in 2001, due to the decline in interest and popularity along with the lack of investment by the local government.
      As always, visited with @darbians on a long weekend trip to Bulgaria. We were both feeling pretty optimistic once we'd seen the grand looking exterior on arrival and fortunately the interior certainly lived up to our expectations.

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By Andy
      The Spa house was built within three years in the mid-20th century. It offered space for 100 beds and has an auditorium with 540 seats. Inside of the theater it was so dark that I had to expose about 2 minutes despite high ISO. The other rooms were empty or locked, so I took no pictures there.     1   2   3   4   5