Everyone has a favourite explore. One persons shitty little derp is anothers treasure trove ( in more ways than one sometimes...)

What is your favourite, and why?

I'm an asylum / hospital lad, but mine has to be Fletchers paper mill.

It ticks all the right boxes. Not easy to get into, not completely f00ked, and lots of stuff left.

My only visit was with DHL, and he recommended it to me while we were at the 28DL manc meet. I wanted Whittingham, and whilst I wish I had seen it before It went, boy was he correct!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Dubbed Navigator
      So now is the time you start seeing this type of thread pop up. Favourite cereals, dog walking moments, cheesey tunes etc...

Favourite derp should have its place

For me, this is pretty easy. After a while out of exploring I finally got my feet the taste of mould and pigeon shit they had so desperately been craving. I got out once, nothing crazy, but it was out.

A cash and carry in Leicester.

• By 17smitha
      I am looking for anywhere to explore near the Akron Ohio area. The places need to have access points already created since we do not want to be breaking and entering. We are relatively new, but have gone to a few places such as the Akron Rubber Bowl (which is easy to get into, but has been vandalized heavily) please help me out, if you need contact info, here is an email address. assmitty97@gmail.com
    • By Wevsky
      Right decided today was gunna meet up with "space invader" and a local bod..so as u do we decided to go to the RanK Hovis Mill and just for kicks Go for my 4th visit to the boeing 747 near by!!
      Ive done both sites but a revisit after a xmas stuck in was in order...
      some pics
      Hovis mill first

A shot thru 4 floors up..

On with some of the Boeing!!

Was just a quick revisit but fun
    • By MattSights

A look around the abandoned Beijing film academy which includes a large amount of Terracotta Army soldiers, a castle and a large Shanghai style town movie set!

• By RetroGamerVX
      Hi all,

In our continuing adventures of exploring abandoned mines, we revisit Smallcleugh Lead Mine in Nenthead, Uk, which dates back to the 1700s. In the 3.5 hour adventure, we visit the classic Ballroom, where a huge body of ore was removed, and then onto what we have named the " Second Ballroom ", which is the largest stope I have ever seen.

A little history (Thanks mineexplorer.org)

Smallcleugh Mine was started in about 1770, looking for the continuation of Hanginshaw's West of Nent Vein, but this was soon abandoned. In 1787 the work was restarted by an agent for the London Lead Company along the Smallcleugh Cross Vein which produced an immense quantity of ore. There where also many other rich veins worked from Smallcleugh - Middlecleugh (and 1st and 2nd Sun Veins), Longcleugh, and Great Cross. The mine over the years was also worked by the Nenthead and Tynedale Lead and Zinc Company and Vieille Montagne Zinc Company. Most of the operations in Smallcleugh had come to an end around the 1900's. In 1963 the mine was briefly reopened in pursuit of new ore reserves, but little large scale mining took place. A famous occurrence at the mine was the dinner party held down it. On September 2nd 1901, 28 members of the local Masonic branch held a dinner down the mine in a large stope know today as the Ballroom Flat.It is often assumed that Smallcleugh Mine extends all the way to Bogg Shaft and beyond, as these are reached via the Smallcleugh portal, however Smallcleugh originally only went as far as the Longcleugh Vein past the Ballroom, and the beginnings of the Middlecleugh Vein and Middlecleugh Second Sun Vein. The area past this which covers Carr's Cross Vein, Cow Hill Cross Vein, Barron's Sump Chamber and beyond are is in fact a separate mine called Longcleugh Mine, which was originally worked by shafts.Smallcleugh Mine is the one that everyone knows and goes down. We have been going down this mine on and off since 1988. It is very impressive and extensive with multiple flats, circular routes and connections to Middlecleugh, Rampgill, Carr's and Caplecleugh Mines.

Enjoy, please like if you do and leave any relevant comments