Cranked side

Belgium Light in the darkness Slate mine..

Hello all! Time for my second post here.. This time something different again then my previous one.

Last Sunday a friend and i had no clue what to do.. So we've left somewhat late in the morning to this "little-big" slatemine, that i still had to visit..

It used to be a bigger mine back in the days , but due to flooded levels and collapses that happend during the years, only a small bit of it is still explorable.

Complete darkness once you've turned off the flashlight, and only the noise of water falling on the floor.

Still some equipment was left inside this mine... i wonder what the flooded levels have left.. It looks like their have been divers in there before..

Spend 3hours and a half inside of the mine.. Once outside we where back in the snow ! Was actually way warmer inside of it then outside :P

Was a bit difficult lighting out all the pictures, but the end result is good afterall :D

Anyway one great piece of history!

38195849894_5119f41832_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195848444_d1177c8e56_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195847404_d61dc6d29e_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195845434_480d3f176f_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38910957041_02373e9cc0_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195840464_4114af5112_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195837734_6f6f2bfe90_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195835634_50f4f495c3_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38910949051_b3bf48c0c8_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195830254_7f266e7a69_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

38195827554_0317a9df2e_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

24046353917_a3635001da_k.jpgLight in the darkness by Laurens Dufour, on Flickr

• Like 4

You did well with the lighting in there. Amazing how blue the water is in that first pic, saw the same in Wales recently :) 

27140532899_e11549da63_b.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By teddybear
      And old 18 century house with had a bank function.The building is stripped of all furniture an will probably be renovated in some future.
      Needed to be a little bit inventive to gain access to this one. But later I was all alone, with the only sound coming from the people in front of the building.

IMG_1541 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1534-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1519-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1488 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1453 by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1441-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr
      IMG_1450-bewerkt by Bart Hamradio, on Flickr

• By yonaguni

When i was a kid this was known as  Crazy Marys house...The rumor was she froze to death but had pleanty of money to put the heat on....it wasent true..she was a mean old lady for sure who scared the crap out of me screeching  at me when i walked by..Her Husband was a doctor and who killed himself  in the house..he was an old fashiong doctor...back in his day you never went to a hospitol you went to the doctors house...he amputated arms, legs, preformed surgury in the basement..

He died in the late 1960s his wife in the 1980s...the house has never see anyone stay there for long..they alway seem to move out

After crazy mary died workers came to clean out the house..my friend knew one and he went in..i was still too scared..he came out with an skeltons skull and jaw...old time doctors used to have them...he lured me in and i saw a room filled with sinks and it was all to creepy for me

its been empty for years..and looters took the starecase and all the copper..

check out the floors

a homless person had moved in an kept himself warm almost burning the house down

For such a big house the doctor never had any children

th
      The house is for sale but it needs alot ofrepairs andthe neighborhood has declined so no one can afford it
      heres my video walkthough i hear a few ghostly voices

• By Steffi
      Hi fellow urban explorers! I'm currently studying Tourism management on the University of applied sciences Inholland in Amsterdam. For my thesis I am doing a research about the motivations of urban exploring and if urban exploring can be linked to the concept of dark tourism.
      In order to know what the motivations of Urban explorers are I have made a questionnaire and have to get 380 responses. So far it is not going great and barely get people to fill in the questionnaire. So i'm asking you guys if you could fill in the questionnaire for me. The questionnaire itself takes not more than 5 minutes, and I'd really appreciate and be very thankful if you would take a moment and fill it in!( the questionnaire is 100% anonymous and the answers will only be used for my thesis)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6M5wbRZiieix7VeWyrcdfvkX1L-3aM2nUGTqdsZe7ndsIPA/viewform?hl=eng
    • By Lenston
      Visited with The Kwan on a rainy Saturday, some lovely bits left in the area and we missed quite a bit so theres always an excuse for a return visit.

Some History

The name Ratgoed derives from “Yr Allt Goed”, which means the steep, wooded hillside. Ratgoed mine was also sometimes known as “Alltgoed”. The Ratgoed slate workings lie at the head of what was originally called Cwm Ceiswyr but became known as Cwm Ratgoed because of the quarry. It lies north of Aberllefenni and northwest of Corris in, what is now, the Dyfi Forest.

The slate that was quarried at Ratgoed was the Narrow Vein. This runs from south of Tywyn, on the coast, to Dinas Mawddwy about 18 miles inland and follows the line of the Bala Fault. The Narrow Vein was worked along its length at places such as Bryneglwys near Abergynolwyn; Gaewern & Braich Goch at Corris, Foel Grochan at Aberllefenni and Minllyn at Dinas Mawddwy. The slate at Ratgoed dips at 70° to the southeast, the same as Foel Grochan.

Ratgoed was a relatively small working, it was worked from around 1840 until its closure in 1946.

Pics

[

[

Le Kwan

Thanks for looking
    • By TrevBish.co.uk
      Bowling World – Belgium Closed in late 2015. It closed due to a decline in custom and proposed development on the site of this bowling alley and dance hall next door.