Whysports

Welcome Whysports

Hello Whysports,

Welcome to Oblivion State. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Whysports joined on the 12/29/2017.

View Member

Hi, I have been urbexing for quite a while but not on the scale of some of the contributions from some the members of OS.. Myself and a few mates were doing it about 30 years ago in old castles, Abbeys or caves. We just called it 'dossing out'.

I was the only one with a camera which was in the days of film, not digital. So I'm going to have to rummage through some draws to find any old forgotten places. My favourite place at the time was Hawkstone Follies near Whitchurch in the UK. This place perch high up on a rock overlooking a golf course had an old Chapel arch with a labyrinth of caves and pot holes underneath. With meandering paths through woods and hugging the rockface. Unfortunately English heritage got hold of it and in their idea of making it safe, ruined it by sticking bars all around the caves and filling the pot holes in. They also added a car park on the top, and made a shop under the old arch. 

Nowadays I visit Wales and go to some quite open locations that have probably been thoroughly covered like Din Lligwy, or Porth Wen brick works. I will in a few days add these to the group along with the odd little abandoned cottage. 

So thanks for the add and I look forward to enjoying all the photos on here, and look for tips on the way..

2017-12-31_06-39-58.jpg

2017-12-31_06-39-15.jpg

2017-12-31_06-37-57.jpg

2017-12-31_06-37-44.jpg

2017-12-09_10-10-05.jpg

• Like 2

On 31/12/2017 at 6:44 PM, Whysports said:

Hi, I have been urbexing for quite a while but not on the scale of some of the contributions from some the members of OS.. Myself and a few mates were doing it about 30 years ago in old castles, Abbeys or caves. We just called it 'dossing out'.

I was the only one with a camera which was in the days of film, not digital. So I'm going to have to rummage through some draws to find any old forgotten places. My favourite place at the time was Hawkstone Follies near Whitchurch in the UK. This place perch high up on a rock overlooking a golf course had an old Chapel arch with a labyrinth of caves and pot holes underneath. With meandering paths through woods and hugging the rockface. Unfortunately English heritage got hold of it and in their idea of making it safe, ruined it by sticking bars all around the caves and filling the pot holes in. They also added a car park on the top, and made a shop under the old arch. 

Nowadays I visit Wales and go to some quite open locations that have probably been thoroughly covered like Din Lligwy, or Porth Wen brick works. I will in a few days add these to the group along with the odd little abandoned cottage. 

So thanks for the add and I look forward to enjoying all the photos on here, and look for tips on the way..

2017-12-31_06-39-58.jpg

2017-12-31_06-39-15.jpg

2017-12-31_06-37-57.jpg

2017-12-31_06-37-44.jpg

2017-12-09_10-10-05.jpg

A lot of the explorers were about way before the internet exactly like you, it’s facinating to see what they got up to.

look forward to seeing you around the forums.