First Post Guys! Anyways, my group of friends and I found an abandoned Gas Station south of Atlanta. Apparently, the gas station went bankrupt due to the county screwing them over. A new highway system was out in, and the road to the gas station was relocated, so in order to get to the station, one would have to travel a good 5 minutes out of their way. Not worth it. So the station closed down and now it looks like this. May go back to take more pictures soon, stay posted. Have a great day guys, and be safe!

DSC_5388.JPG

DSC_5389.JPG

DSC_5391.JPG

DSC_5392.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks for taking the time to put a report together, looking forward to seeing more from over there :) 

Thanks for posting and welcome!

As it happens one of my first ever explores was a place very similar to this in the UK...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By yonaguni
      A very old farm house early 1800's id say..it was or sale what i found in here was unlike anything id every found before

A  large roomy house

thats an old piano..

This was the 1stof a few finds..the painting was bolted to the wall...seemed hard to remove without destroying it

this might have something to do with this next room

the words die die die die...carved into a bedroom door with a padlock on it

the walls inside the room had scratches all over them...

translate anyone

caught 2 clear voices in this room

A room with carpet on the door

the mist in on the left...what could that be..

the house was for sale cheap but noone wanted to buy it...it was eventually torn down...

I caught two clear voices in the bathroom ...you can hear the word paris(which is my name)..and boo..i heard footsteps while i was there but nothing on film...i reget not taking that painting..hope it was save befor it bwas torn down...

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges 1st ever photographic report - may 2018

Smudges has been known by numerous other names over the years from The Crofters Arms Hotel to McGees to Moghuls Palace but has always retained it's charm and character.
      A true time capsule rotting away in the heart of Bolton. Featuring some stunning hand-carved bars and one of two of this type of revolving doors that exist the other located in a grand hotel in London.

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

Thank you for checking out my pics guys!

Clarky

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By farmer.ned
      it was actually a last minute decision to visit this explore.
      en route home from doing the manton colliery explore i passed the fomer pumping station at bracebridge with a shall i or sha,nt i so a quick turn round of the car 
      i squeezed in behind some twat in a skoda who thought it a very good idea to park across the entrance who then decided to move and the explore was on.

Built in 1881 Bracebridge Pumping Station was part of Worksop's new sewage system. It used two steam-driven beam engines (together with a travelling crane) to pump the sewage to the effluent processing facility. The engine was coal-fired, with the coal being brought in from nearby Shireoaks Colliery by boat via the Chesterfield Canal. Like many Victorian pumping stations it was built with no little style, designed in an Italian Romanesque style including ornate cast-iron columns and a spiral staircase. Apparently these remain inside (the columns are most definitely visible on external view).

Now Grade II Listed, the building along with 1.33 acres of land is currently bricked yp to prevent access so sorry no interior shots 
      the old pumping station has been like this since it was refurbished many years ago there was talk of turning it into an attraction but nothing has happened yet and possibly wont do for the forseeable future

the old pumping station viewed from high hoe road

the old beds still filled with water

one of the victorian columns can still be seen through the windowless building

rising upwards towards the ornate chimney
      a closer view of the ornate victorian columns

the base of the chimney from the back of the pumping house

the rear of the pumphouse

the rear of the pumphouse and chimney

the middle of the chimney with the lightning conductor on the right

the top of the chimney and the lightning conductor

someone had gained access inside by a rope tied to one of the windows but feeling a bit cream crackered i didnt fancy the tarzan routine so i didnt bother

• By The Urban Collective
      Smudges A.K.A The Crofters Arms Hotel and McGees first ever video report May 2018

The Urban Collective
      We Film It...

• By Admin
      Hello JohnUrbex,
      Welcome to Oblivion State. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
      JohnUrbex joined on the 05/14/2018.
      View Member