History
The George Hotel is Grade ll Listed building famous as the birthplace of rugby league football in 1895. The 60 bed hotel was built in 1851 and closed in January 2013, looking for a new buyer. The three-star rated George Hotel, which has an Italianate façade was designed by William Walker.

The George Hotel as stood empty for just a little over 5 years... considering this it's not half bad inside, stairways are still intact, few if any holes through to other floors, little decay in the form of mold or interior fatigue and there's still gas in the pumps in the bar area. It's a fair size and took us over an hour to appreciate some of the victorian features still visible throughout the building. The building was sold a few years back to a local dentist for £900,000 but nothing if anything as started interns of building works to restore the hotel. which is a shame as the Hotel sits in pleasant surroundings within St George square which recently received a £21 million facelift.

The Hotel as a basement area which stores the cask ales & equipment needed to run the Hotel bar. Theres rooms a plenty 60 rooms accommodation with bar(s) , ballroom, pool hall and dining room & rooftop area ... we pretty much covered the entire building in a typically dreary Huddersfield afternoon. Hope you enjoy the thread...

Exterior 

TWwMRtZ.jpg

HWWw96O.jpg

Bar

R5Cizh1.jpg

c0j89tV.jpg

f5TefIx.jpg

zkihjrr.jpg

Main lobby

HgZ5IEd.jpg

Z2gxsGQ.jpg

no608wp.jpg U4jxjN2.jpg

qgjBCwT.jpg

coVJ9oM.jpg

abfOwAT.jpg

Gz88ZYB.jpg

H8gG8N1.jpg

Stair case shots

tKrHwm6.jpg 6por6hS.jpg

QTf0NEf.jpg

5YA2TAT.jpg

6x4bClZ.jpg

Corridor shots

PKOAum3.jpg 0nsLyki.jpg

CC5FAUk.jpg iN6Z8OO.jpg

Bed rooms

n0VhFvD.jpg

oj4p6gN.jpg FpL5rrx.jpg

YgUxEKY.jpg

Ywlyc5n.jpg

The caller 

6dhixT4.jpg

cSPCO3a.jpg

nnjkvLv.jpg

The ball room and dinning hall

v8YXes7.jpg

nzRf4b0.jpg

63roXzE.jpg

9KLTPGI.jpg

The kitchen 

5pFGrBy.jpg

7ve5G7J.jpg

NvdcBZL.jpg

The roof

15LlzRp.jpg

5sN82nY.jpg

Other rooms

dNeWtlB.jpg

1t71wHQ.jpg XxN1p6a.jpg

CWb0HnJ.jpg

45 pics later...

Hope you enjoyed...

• Like 3

Pretty nice that is @little_boy_explores:) 

Must've been a tricky one due to the location? Thanks for posting, enjoyed looking at these and by pure chance i'll be up that way next week with work :) 

:comp: 

Lovely looking building that and some nice features on the inside too. I quite like it :) I haven't seen this before either,  thanks for sharing :thumb 

Speaking as a fan of rugby league, I do hope this place gets taken over by someone who puts their money where their mouth is.

So far its still in decent nick obviously - there's some lovely features and you got some nice detail shots too.