Britain's Decays

UK St John's Hospital , Lincolnshire - Feb 2018

We visited St John's Hospital in Lincolnshire on Sunday, here is our video. Although we were told the security at the hospital was extremely tight we didn't actually come across any security at all! They must have been having a day off lol.

• Like 1

Good job avoiding the secca here! They have big dogs nowadays :?.

Good to see an update of the inside, I pop in from time to time as I live nearby, but haven't been in for a while :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hamtagger said:

Good job avoiding the secca here! They have big dogs nowadays :?.

Good to see an update of the inside, I pop in from time to time as I live nearby, but haven't been in for a while :) 

We were told security was tight as there, we saw no security at all! Went through *access details deleted* . Glad you like it, the video needs some refining though so might pull out a second version on youtube :)

They must be getting slack. I’ve edited your comment showing access. Remember this part of the forum is public and anyone (including secca) could potentially look at it :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hamtagger said:

They must be getting slack. I’ve edited your comment showing access. Remember this part of the forum is public and anyone (including secca) could potentially look at it :)

yeh good point, my mistake

Another forum wouldn't allow our video they said it was too long and poor quality ... poor quality? We put a lot of effort into these videos to make them insightful and entertaining.

Edited by Britain's Decays

I can't comment on other forums but generally there are a lot of really long, crap, shaky videos around at the moment with 'clickbait' titles which has given exploring videos as a whole a bad name, and in most cases quite rightly so. This will make it difficult for your videos to be accepted on most forums unfortunately.

I'm no expert by any means but personally I don't mind short, well-made videos which show an account of the location, and have a bit of production and effort put into creating them. I would edit out the actual access point too because all security have to do is watch the video and then go and seal it up, making the place closed for future explorers. Just some constructive feedback, and please take it as that :thumb 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hamtagger said:

I can't comment on other forums but generally there are a lot of really long, crap, shaky videos around at the moment with 'clickbait' titles which has given exploring videos as a whole a bad name, and in most cases quite rightly so. This will make it difficult for your videos to be accepted on most forums unfortunately.

I'm no expert by any means but personally I don't mind short, well-made videos which show an account of the location, and have a bit of production and effort put into creating them. I would edit out the actual access point too because all security have to do is watch the video and then go and seal it up, making the place closed for future explorers. Just some constructive feedback, and please take it as that :thumb 

Yeh I didn't think before putting the entry point in, it just fit with the point in the video. You know this video is 20minutes from over 3 hours of raw footage, it took 48 hours to edit together. I agree short a lot of the time is better, but when you have a lot to show! I try to edit them to tell a story at the same time as showing what's going on. Some end up shorter than others. I admit I could have done more to shorten this , some shots hang for a bit too long, that's after waiting hours for the render and thinking fuck it lol - I have also see many really poor exploring videos, some people either don't bother or don't have the skills to edit it nicely so you end up watching a mish mash of jumpy footage, where as we try to take our time on the shots and write history on our site etc

15 hours ago, little_boy_explores said:

This place is fucked beyond belief...

but it is a fair size well done for documenting it.

nice video man :thumb

thanks mate

Edited by Britain's Decays
  • Like 1

It's interesting to see how the place looks these days. I appreciate you will have put a lot of effort into editing the video. What I would say is realistically I'm not sure if people's attention span is going to stretch to 24 minutes. Just my opinion of course. Maybe it reflects the fact I'm getting on a bit but there's so much to do and so little time, I'd say to aim for 5-10 minutes. 

• Like 1