Did you ever went to an Island full of creepy dolls??? NO??? Let me take you with you!

On my holiday in December 2017 to Mexico I heard about this place so I had to go. There is no holiday without finding some decayed stuff!

The story goes as followed:

The guy who lives on this Island found a girl who was drowned around the island. He also found a doll floating nearby and, assuming it belonged to the deceased girl so he hung it on a tree as a sign of respect. After he did that he heard whispers and foodsteps around his hut where he lived. He started to collect and hang more and more old dolls to calm down the spirit of the drowned girl. In 2001 the owner of the Island died and was found on the same spot where the girl was found.

When I wanted to go to this place I had to find someone who wanted to  bring me there because it was hard to reach according to people around there because of latest hurricanes and earthquakes . After a lot of negotiations I found someone with a little boat to go there and to be honest it was worth the whole trip!! 

I hope you liked it!

Let me know what you think!

Marco Bontenbal

Edited by Marco Bontenbal
  • Like 8

I saw this place in a television documentary. Your photos are really great, very impressive.

• Like 1

I saw this title and thought nah Im not clicking. Here I am! Stupid is as stupid does I guess...

My sister made me watch a film when I was 10 called Dolls. It gave me nightmares for years and I could never look at a doll the same since, even now. Its their eyes, they follow you everywhere! Your number 6 picture has now imprinted on my brain. I do like the clown one though :shock: That said, your pics are great and I would probably visit the place myself given the chance despite the nightmares. Great work :thumb 

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By obscureserenity
      Mineral Springs Bath House
      The construction of the Mineral Springs Bath House  began in 1907. This was in order to bring in more tourism and wealth into the area. The town it was built in was an excellent location to host a bath house, as it was well known for it's rich mineral water sources which was believed to have medicinal properties. During the start of the 20th century mineral baths were a very fashionable and popular leisure activity. It took 3 years to build, with the help of local residents and neighbouring villages. It was finally unveiled with a ceremony in 1911.

The materials which were used for the interior were designed in Vienna, France and Belgium and it was the most expensive healing bath in Bulgaria at that current time. Typical to most bath houses, it was separated into two sections, one for the men and another for the women. Both areas accommodated for it's visitors with a large circular pool, changing rooms and 10 bathtubs. The baths also provided central heating facilities, the main parts of the building were kept consistently at 15°C, the changing rooms at 28°C and the baths themselves were 32°C. The bath house was also equip with a clinic, admin offices and a large laundry room.

Sadly the Mineral Springs Baths eventually closed in 2001, due to the decline in interest and popularity along with the lack of investment by the local government.
      As always, visited with @darbians on a long weekend trip to Bulgaria. We were both feeling pretty optimistic once we'd seen the grand looking exterior on arrival and fortunately the interior certainly lived up to our expectations.

If you've got this far, thanks for reading 
    • By oldskool
      Ive wanted to shoot this place for a long time so hooked up with Rusty and made a full day out of it, this being the first of four sites .......ManorG T was settled in the Anglo-Saxon era. Ælfric of Abingdon held the manor of G T by 990 and became Archbishop of Canterbury in 995. Ælfric died in 1005, leaving G T to Saint Alban's Abbey. In 1049-1052 the abbey leased G TLeofstan, abbot, and St Albans Abbey, to Tova, widow of Wihtric, in return for 3 marks of gold and an annual render of honey; lease, for her lifetime and that of her son, Godwine, of land at Cyrictiwa, with reversion to St Albans.In Old English toponym Cyrictiwa means "Church Tew", distinguishing the village from neighbouring Little Tew which lacked its own church, and Nether Worton which seems not to have had its own chapel until the 12th century.[2]William the Conqueror granted the manor to his step-brother Odo, Bishop of Bayeux, and it was recorded amongst Odo's estates in the Domesday Book in 1086.T G Park was created before the latter part of the 16th century.Sir Lawrence Tanfield, Lord Chief Baron of the Exchequer, bought G T estate in 1611 from Edward Rainsford. He deprived the villagers of timber, causing some of the cottages to fall into disrepair. Tanfield enclosed part of G Ts lands in 1622. However, most of the parish's common lands were not enclosed until Parliament passed an Enclosure Act for G T in 1767.1.
      2.3.After Tanfield died in 1626, followed by his wife Elizabeth in 1629, G T passed to his young son-in-lawLucius Cary, 2nd Viscount Falkland.In the 1630s Lucius gathered a circle of writers and scholars at G T including Abraham Cowley, Ben Jonson and Edmund Waller. During the English Civil War the young Viscount fought on the Royalist side and was killed in 1643 at the First Battle of Newbury. G T remained in the Cary family until the death ofAnthony Cary, 5th Viscount of Falkland in 1694.Viscount Cary lived in a large manor house which seems to have been built in or before the early part of the 17th century and seems to have been extended in the latter part of the 17th century. It was demolished in about 1800 but outlying structures from about 1700 including its stables, dovecote and stone gatepiers survive. 1780 and 1793 G T estate was bought by George Stratton, who had made a fortune in the East India Company. He died in March 1800 and was succeeded by his son George Frederick Stratton. The manor house had evidently fallen into disrepair, as the Strattons lived in a smaller Georgian dower house slightly to the south of it and had the manor house demolished in about 1803. In 1808 George Frederick Stratton engaged the Scots botanist and garden designer John Loudon, who laid out north and south drives in G T Park and planted ornamental trees in and around the village, which today enhance its picturesque appearance.In 1815-1816 Matthew Robinson Boulton, the son of the manufacturer Matthew Boulton of Soho, Birmingham, bought GT Estate. In 1825 Boulton added aGothic Revival library to the east end of the house, and in the middle of the 19th century the Boulton family added a large Tudor style section to the west end.]G T remained with the Boulton family until M.E. Boulton died without heirs in 1914. ...8.9.10.Next stop The Horders House ....11.1213.14.Swimming Pool W. G. for looking Oldsk@@l.............  
    • By a World in Ruins
      First post on here guys so hope it works!
      Tipped off by a friend Matt about this house I decided to go one cold winter morning to see it for myself on a solo run. Entry into the house a tricky assault course through the overgrown garden which hasn't been tended to for decades by the look of it. 
      A very peculiar house this in that its location is in a sleepy little village of pure chocolate box quintessential Englishness. A more  desirable a place to live would be hard to find to get away form the chaos of city life. Clean air and peaceful surroundings, the parish church all capture the imagination yet this house contradicts everything around it.
      Somewhat derelict with overgrown gardens, a rusty old iron gate with a disappearing path leading up to the house don't fit in to its surroundings. What the local residents make of it I'd love to know. Why it has been left to fall into such a bad state is anyone's guess. I would imagine the house itself is worth a lot of money having 4 bedrooms and a lot of land regardless of the location which I'd imagine to be quite expensive to live in. Doesn't anyone own the house and if so why have they just left it for so long to fall into disrepair? It's not really secured either so it doesn't seem like anyone ever goes to the house to check on it. Very strange.
      From the decor and the possessions still left inside I'd date it becoming abandoned around the mid 1980s. Piles and piles of newspapers - mainly The Daily Mail & The Telegraph - clutter each room. Using a tripod proved tricky as the floors were covered in stacks of old newspapers. The most recent date I could find without checking all the hundreds left around was 1984. Maybe one of the former residents was a hoarder of newspapers? In the entire house there were literally thousands left behind no room escaped their occupancy.
      There were few clues as to who lived here, just names on envelopes which obviously won't be revealed. What their occupations were I have no idea. Downstairs were two reception rooms littered with vintage possessions including several televisions a typewriter a Bakelite rotary telephone amongst other things. The most interesting items were the framed portraits of children. Who were they and where are they now? Piles of old photographs and personal documents were left behind on the writing/study desk seemingly unwanted by anyone. 
      A double split staircase leads to the upstairs bedrooms. Two were empty so weren't photographed, the other two still had everything left behind including clothes and yet more newspapers. 
      I always think that every abandoned home must have an owner somewhere. It seems this one - despite its obvious appeal to potential buyers - seems to be truly abandoned with no one left to have any interest in it. 
      Enjoy the images

• By Andy
      When I started urban exploration 27 years ago (I'm getting old ... ), I always wanted to discover forgotten pianos in abandoned houses. It took some time to get the first piano in front of my lens. In the meantime I have found several ones and I still like them a lot. Here is a little selection of my photos of pianos and other instruments.