Hiya!

My name is Faith- I have a website/blog for my adventures around the world. Lots of urbex, Mad Max/postapocalyptic festivals like Wasteland Weekend, ghost towns, legends etc. I'm based in England but travel all over the place and I'm always looking to team up with fellow explorers. :)

www.lifeoutthere.co.uk

IMG_20170712_212715_082.jpg.0626daa674fac75996cd59c78110af2d.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 11:16 AM, johnny gomez said:

nice website Faith 

Hiya! Thankyou so much! I really want a few tweaks made to it but I need to get a web designer involved. :) Really glad you like it. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By peanutbutter_crackers
      I was suppose to visit this location with several friends 7 yrs ago but it got cancelled and I don't recall why. Then shortly after people were getting arrested here and it was off the list by most explorers. A couple years ago photos started popping up from here so I planned a visit. The only bad part was I no longer lived a couple hours away and was now about 7 so it was quite a trip. I managed to get here twice thankfully and these photos are from both trips. It's a very old campus which was started in 1828 for the rich mentally ill and other buildings were built as time progressed. For a time they practiced eugenics here which then became outlawed.  The  asylum closed in the 70's  and was vacant till years later when a few of of the buildings were used as a medium- security prison.  It was then sold to a developer who has converted  several of the buildings to apartments and continues to do so.  This place is most known for it's lovely spiral staircase in the admin building. It seems most come here , shoot that and leave.....but there's so much more here that is photo worthy in that building as well as the others. It's impossible to walk quietly in here as the old wooden floors creak with every step...it was really annoying trying to be stealthy. Also a lot of the floors and walls are leaning so badly that at times it felt like you were in a fun house with the odd angles. However having said that everything is in excellent condition here with only a few minor areas with some water/weather damage. Side note the patient cemetery is also located on the grounds which is in this set.

• By Ben
      Found this place by comparing a vague YouTube video and some info I've found here and there, then confirmed with Google maps satellite. Place was pretty big, but unfortunately pretty destroyed by vandals over time. Here are some pictures I took on my scouting trip there. Will go back for more/better shots.

• By Landie_Man
      The Explore
      I actually explored this about eight weeks ago with Southside.  I drove to Slough, Parked up and he had kindly found the way in before I got to the University Campus.
      The site is massive, and right in the centre of Slough.  I work fairly close to Slough, and had seen the site some weeks before when collecting lunch from Roosters Piri Piri just opposite the site.  
      It's kind of strange that its sat here for so long; its very close to London and land in this general area is typically very, very expensive.  That does not of course, make Slough a pleasant place...
      I think there was a bit of an increase of traffic here after my visit, I have only just got around to editing these!  Its amazing how such a large site has sat beneath the radar for such a long time!!!

The Site
      Thames Valley University or TVU as its known; is part of the University of West London and formed part of a conglomerate of several campuses in Reading and West London. 
      The closure of this Campus was announced in 2009 and the doors finally closed it's doors in 2010.  The site has now fallen into disuse and it's 1000 students had to re-locate to other campuses around West London.

Closure was blamed on the recession/credit crunch at the time; forcing the sale of the site.

"Professor Peter John, TVU vice-chancellor, said: 'For the majority of students the closure of the campus will mean a move to one of our other locations either in Reading or West London. All those affected will be fully supported through the transition to minimise any possible disruption to their studies.' A total of 650 pre-registration nursing students at the Slough campus will be provided with a provisional timetable and have been told to pack their bags for the move to Reading by December this year."

The site consists of two tower blocks (7 stories high), a ground floor canteen, a small circular building named "The Rotunda" which houses the University's Srudent Uninon, and a 2 story admin block.
      Plans were announced in 2017 to redevelop the site into 1,400 homes, but so far nothing has happened. Currently the site is owned by the Slough Council. 

It was a surprisingly relaxed explore.  The road outside was very, very busy and all could be heard on the street outside.  There were incredibly recent signs of a squat inside one of the rooms; fresh new sleeping bags and food dated for that day in bags; sandwiches, fruit etc.  I could hear someone inside who I believe left when they heard us.   

Thanks for reading!

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157696167343975
    • By Landie_Man
      Visited with Mookster on a small short road trip around the midlands back in March.  This site was absolutely wrecked throughout and of little interest.  An 80s style factory which closed sometime in 2016.  But it was still an explore!

James Thomas Engineering was started in a small garage in Bishampton England in 1977. The business grew and moved to a converted office unit, to a much larger 5000 square foot unit in 1980. 
      This planted the seeds for a new industry leader in aluminium all purpose truss design. By 1983, James Thomas developed a pre-rigged truss design used by major rock bands on world tours.

By 1990, JTE began manufacturing in the USA to keep truss design moving on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Come 1992, the super truss system was designed. The Company was Liquidated in 2017

More At:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/landie_man/albums/72157694367095931
    • By Wevsky
      This was pretty much the last explore from day 1 of our trip,yes its very done to death but i havnt seen it so it was new to me and something i wanted to do..Think the cemetery is closed now as there is signs pof work being carried out with portacabins and security etc
      Explored with crazy fool,SpaceInvader and Sx-riffraff
      Not a huge amount of pics as they all get a bit samey tbh..Loads i could have done with the 50mm but im not a fan of too many close ups of peoples names on the stones,so here's a mixed batch !

Now theres a few shots i have with this guy,He's called eric which is the name sx-riffraff gave him..thing is my wife does a lot of crochet and wanted me to take something she had made and photograph it in various locations so she can post the pics on the sites/pages the crochet gang use..so if its not "proper exploring"Tough

one last one of eric..