Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Big Kent Meet Up Summer 08

More exploring done in this weekend then i've done in the last few months put together, spent well over 20 hours out over the two days.

Visited with Pinkfluff, Zombie, Thurisaz, Frosty, Lyton, Solarpowered, Toast, and Mrs Toast :P was good to see everyone again, cheers to fluff and zombie for letting us crash, and also a big thanks to Solar yet again for showing us where stuff is :lol:

Right, on with the pics

Shorts Sea Plane / Air Raid Tunnels

Picture55-1.png

Picture54-1.png

Picture33-2.png

Picture32-3.png

Picture36-2.png

Picture34-2.png

Picture35-2.png

After leaving Shorts Solar took us on the best detour ever, where we spent a good hour and a half playing on a rope swing :lol:

Picture40-2.png

Awesome times, nearly getting knocked over by zombie on his return swing haha.

On to Cliffe Fort

Picture43-2.png

Picture49-1.png

Picture51-1.png

Picture52-1.png

Picture45-2.png

Picture1-1.png

Picture3-1.png

Picture6.png

After this Toast and went off and left me, fluff, zombie and solar to go to Grain Tower, solar showed us the way before also buggering off, and I only just managed to persuade everyone else to walk over to it. I'm glad I did

Picture8.png

Picture23-2.png

Picture22-2.png

Picture16-2.png

Picture15-2.png

Fluff far below

Picture14-2.png

Picture20-2.png

Picture10.png

Picture13-1.png

End Of Day 1 (can no-one comment until I get Day 2 up?)

Shadow

Right, on Day 2 we meet up with Toast, Lynton, Fluff, and Zombie, and we head out to the Southern water bunker

Picture56-1.png

Picture60-1.png

Picture62-1.png

Picture94.png

Picture95.png

After looking around for a while we all go our separate ways, myself and Thurisaz head over to Rammsgate to meet up with Lynton later on.

Picture93-1.png

Picture87-1.png

Picture79-1.png

Picture89-1.png

Picture63-1.png

Picture67-1.png

Picture75-1.png

Picture73-1.png

Picture70-1.png

Picture64-1.png

If theres any more decent ones i'll dig em out an post em up, I hope people dont mine so many pics, but i love them all haha :P was the best weekend in a very long time, great to meet everyone

Peace, Out

Shadow

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      This is the only surviving example of a kent colliery, and is looking in an increasingly bad way in recent times.
      They're still un-sure what they want to do with the buildings, so at the moment they stand there empty, a monument to the sites past use.

All the mine shafts have one of these on them, there were 3 in total, this one was the shallowest, the deepest was over 900metres making Snowdown the deepest colliery in Kent.

Not a lot to see really, but a nice way to spend a couple of hours, and quite a laid back explore as the security people patrolling were actually fine with us being there
      Please ignore the quality of these pics, it was over a year ago and I was still getting used to the camera!
      Maniac.
    • By Thelocksmithman
      Soooooo after seeing a couple of reports go up recently covering this part of the old college, and tried previously on numerous attempts with no avail a few years ago when we managed the sports hall and Withersdane Hall parts, i decided now was the time to return and have another go.

Credit to whoever put this part on the achievable list as previous to this outing security had always patrolled and none of us could ever find a way in.

Fast forward to some overcast late morning, i asked @starlight if she was up for having another look round the place, knowing she had also been for a look but not manged this part either. We hooked up and set off just down the road to this place which is very close to where im usually lurking.

History of the college: Which im sure you have all read in other reports of this place...

The College of St Gregory and St Martin at Wye, more commonly known as Wye College, was an educational institution in the small village of Wye, Kent, England, 60 miles (100 km) east of London in the North Downs area. ... The college was officially closed by its then owner, Imperial College London, in September 2009.

Founded in 1447 by John Kempe, the Archbishop of York, as a college for the training of priests, in 1894, the school moved to new premises, and the South Eastern Agricultural College was established in the buildings with Alfred Daniel Hall as principal. In 1898, Wye became a School of Agriculture within the University of London. Until 2005, Wye College was a well-known study and research centre in the fields of rural business and management, biological sciences, and the environment and agriculture. The college was officially closed by its then owner, Imperial College London, in September 2009.

Today, buildings that formerly housed Wye College have been repurposed as the Mind Campus in Withersdane Hall, a substance abuse rehabilitation clinic, and Wye School, a school for children of year seven and up. The main campus and several other buildings have been owned by Telareal Trillium since 2015 who are developing a masterplan involving some new housing.

I cant really say much about the actual wander around, it was non eventful as security really has been wound down since i was last here. It was extremely easy going and with a bit of improvisation and teamwork we managed to cover all of this section of buildings.

As i think stated in previous reports, not much left in there but very clean suprisingly and the lecture hall was a highlight for me.

Enjoy...

Cheers for looking, blut.
    • By TheBaronof Scotland
      visited with Scattergun and a very fine splore, considering we got boarded in whilst inside (twitchy arse moment)
      3rd visit to finally find the craddle room !! eluded me previously
      anyways on with the pics

finally the elusive room

cheers for looking
    • By TheBaronof Scotland
      first day of our trip for Euro Explore
      really interesting place

Cheers
      THE BARON
    • By Gromr123
      This ones been long in the planning, but eventually at some ungodly hour of the morning me and Brewtal managed to get inside and see the place for ourselves. It was a pretty brief visit by all accounts, but we managed to see most of the lower level. 

History
      Built as part of the now demolished Melville Barracks in Chatham. This deep shelter was a refuge for the marines at the barracks. The history is pretty vague, but I believe the tunnels existed before the start of WW2. 
      In the early 1960s when the melville Barracks were demolished to make way for the council offices, and most of the tunnel entrances were sealed up.

The Explore
      After a few weeks of planning me and Brewtal finally got round to visiting here. This one requires a little more caution as the entrance method is somewhat brazen. 
      After a bit of head scratching we devised a plan and went for it. We were in! 
      I'd be forewarned about the stairs, and everything said was absolutely right!. The wooden stairs are very rotten and very dangerous. Even when taking extra care, we had a few brown pants moments. 
      Once at the bottom of the lower level we could relax and start exploring. The lower level is quite extensive and we saw as much as we could. 
      Unfortunately we were fairly time limited, so we didn't mess around too much. I found the stairs going up to the upper levels, but decided against it this time. Re-visit for that one me thinks. 
      It was refreshing to see no graffiti or vandalism. The access situation has protected it pretty well I suspect. 

Photos

The bottom of the stairs. These were supposed to be the 'Ok' stairs. Dread to think what the 'bad' stairs were like.

The stairs to the upper levels.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!