Shadow

What camera do you use?

D90 (mud edition) permanently stuck in January 2000

A scratched 10-20 (both ends!) also full of mud, sharp pictures are becoming a rarity and thats at f11 minimum!

I had an 18-55 but I lost it in Bulgaria somewhere...

Canon EOS 7D and grip and I only usualy take two lenses out exploring.

An 8 - 16mm wide angle and a fast f1.4 30mm (well 50mm on my sensor) for shooting in low light.

I take a 580 flash too but it never really gets used.

Ive got my old Canon AV-1 film camera that Ive had since I was 11 too, but that generaly gets reserved for permision visits when theres time to faff with setting stuff up :)

Guest Scattergun
Nikon D7000 here accompanied with a Tokina 11m-16mm f/2.8 lens. I just recently got the lens for X-Mas and before that it was with a Nikkor 18-105 f/3.5

Aebex mate I was looking to upgrade to the D7000 in a few months. Would you recommend it?

also a wise man once said "Shoot, keep shooting and shoot more - it doesn't matter what camera you have. Great paintings don't come out of a brush; it is the painter’s vision and imagination that makes it happen."

true words....

I have a Canon 300d that I got 2nd hand off eBay, which does me fine as I learn. It came with my only lens - 35-70mm. I'm getting a wide angle soon, unsure of what to go for though, being a photography novice I find a lot of reviews/articles a bit too confusing or too much info!

Samsung GX20 (re-branded Pentax K20D) and a Sigma 17-70 f2.8 lens.

It's all the camera and lens I need at the moment, I'd like something with more responsive live view though...

Canon 5d Mk2 and a 24-105mm f/4, did have a 17-40mm f/4 too but I sold it as at the time I was just doing landscapes again and didn't need to go that wide... Kinda regretting that now.

Got my eyes on a 17mm TS-E but that's depending on a possible payrise.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By hamtagger

Urban Reflections...

Flipped upside down for the last two..

Your turn...

• By Buffalo
      I'm looking to buy a head camera to film my explores, preferably between £20-£50. I don't know much about cameras so I'm not sure what to look for really. can anyone recommend anything? 
    • By Canonguy
      This is a quick review of my Black Rapid Sport Slim (as pictured below on the left)

on the website (www.blackrapid.com) they say:
      my list of the main pros and cons
      pros:
      - Is very comfy and spreads the weight of the camera nicely across the body
      - camera can be taken of quickly via the Connectr (its called a Connectr its not a typo )
      - the Connectr has a screw lock gate to stop the camera coming lose
      - so many different models (even for people who like the camera hanging on the left side of there body)
      cons
      - its connects to the camera via the tripod mount so isnt that easy to change from strap to tripod but they make a Fastenr-T1 which works with most tripods (www.blackrapid.com/products/fastenr-t1)
      - if you have to run the camera will swing and it is quite annoying
      this is a video comparing some the models that black rapid make:

here are 2 of the better youtube videos of reviewing it (there are loads out there):
      1-
      2-
      *(sorry if there are any spelling mistakes, im dyslexic )*
    • By Judderman62

The History
      Guyzance mill was constructed in the early 19th century and was a water powered
      corn mill. It is grade 2 listed and there has been a mill on the site since 1336.
      It is a three storey stone structure on a rectangular plan of 34 feet by 20 feet.
      The Visit
      I was in the area for a 2 night road trip/break and this was one of the sites I
      had earmarked to go check out. The mill is structurally pretty sound and in
      fair shape. There is next to nothing left in there but three milling stones do remain.
      The Photos.
      Well these shots were taken with my newest acquisition - the diminutive Pentax Q.
      A camera who's sensor is smaller than a gnats left testicle... I think, phone cameras
      aside, this has the smallest sensor of any camera. Given this image quality should
      be pretty poor on paper/in theory. I also didn't help myself by not taking a tripod
      into the mill with me so was shooting hand held at very high ISO (which
      should guarantee noisy images) and hand held - which should result in
      not very sharp images as I do not have a very steady hand.
      Well without further ado here are the piccies.
      -
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      -

-
      thanks for looking
      _

• By Nelly
      Hi guys, I have an EOS 1D mkII N which ha been working fine with my little Canon Ultrasonic 28-80 lens and also with a Tamron Aspherical 28-200.
      Today I received a Sigma 28-200, not sure what model lens it is, but it does have SAF written on it.
      The Sigma will only work on P (Auto) mode, if I try to use it on any other mode then the shutter locks and I get"Err 01" in the LCD
      The lens works fine on an old EOS1000F N film camera on all modes
      Any ideas???