Sign in to follow this  
SuZyQue

UK St.Edwards School for boys, Coleshill - 26.07.08 Report.

I visited this place last year with my daughter whilst visiting relatives, entrance was comical, borrowed a search blaster as we weren't prepared, had a great time, This was still there last time I looked it's in Coleshill, Warwickshire. Enjoy the pics.

The main entrance.

ST-1.jpg

ST-17.jpg

The flooded boiler house.

ST-19.jpg

The kitchen.

ST-14.jpg

ST-36.jpg

The hall

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-9.jpg

This ornate work was all around the hall, fantastic.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-12.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-10.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-14.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-34.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-33.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-30.jpg

The obligatory radiator pic.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-27.jpg

One of the many corridors.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-26.jpg

Some fancy artwork.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-24.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-19_1.jpg

I now know that this is a training aid, but it scared the life out of me in the dark.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-17.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-19_1.jpg

Someone left there boots behind.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-22.jpg

Some of the toys etc and there were lots of books under the stage.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-23.jpg

Lovely wooden doors into the hall.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-50.jpg

These made me crack up.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-43.jpg

Peeling paint.

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-37.jpg

BatterseaPowerStationandSt-45.jpg

It was a great day out with Miss CSI, well worth a visit if you are nearby.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By little_boy_explores
      Dobroyd mill

The history

Dobroyd Mills was built in 1829. A fine cloth manufacturer Dobroyd Ltd was founded at the mill in 1919. The mill closed in 1974, but was re-opened in 1976 under John Woodhead Ltd spinners. It currently houses several businesses including a classic car restoration firm and tea rooms. The future of Dobroyd Mills became a subject of debate when the current owners Z Hinchliffe began reducing the height of the chimney last year (2011). Concerned neighbours referred Dobroyd Mill to the English Heritage when the works began. But an inspector from  English Heritage decided the Mill was not suitable for the list of buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.  Planning permission to knock down two sections on the northern end of the complex was granted by Kirklees Council last month (2012). The stone structures were deemed unsuitable for modern use.

The explore

The Mill resides in pleasant surroundings with parts rented to a few small businesses including a quaint tea room... doing some rather unorthodox rambling to the bemusement of nearby dog walkers we eventually arrived at the Mill.  The Mill sits on top of a stream and in it's surrounding offers some peace from modern living. The exterior is generally in good condition with little sign of vandalism... The Mill stretches over some 4.04 hectares and took just over an hour to explore. Theres a few original features scattered around including some pretty heavy duty scales ... eleswhere empty rooms which bizarrely looked like they had just received their annual spring clean. looks like 'Love 37' and 'CarrotBoy' have done a few jobs here too.  

The pics

• By GREGUL1979
      I have long dreamed of visiting an abandoned school. From what I was able to read on the internet, the school was closed in 2003. After a few years, the facility was reactivated, an environmental center was created. Unfortunately, the plan did not work out. So the little kids marched to another school. The old facility stands and waits ... thousands of people take a course on it like believers on Jasna Góra. It is probably the most recognizable school in Poland, of course those abandoned. My only regret is that only now I managed to come here. You can see traces of demolition ... in the sleeping area where the youngest ones were napping, you can see traces of alcoholic libations. Crosses turned upside down, I personally am not a believer, but I put most of the crosses as it should be. Very childish play, although even the children probably would not do it, because for what. If any of you have plans to visit a school ... do not postpone it for later ... because there is no reason to go. The school has an amazing atmosphere.

(Translator....sorry )

• By UrbanLurking
      The care home 2018
      Not sure to much about this place, its been closed for around 4 years now and there is no damage on it whatsoever, ive been eyeing it up for around a year but never managed to gain access. But i struck a lucky one this week. Although what i did notice when i managed to gain entry was that none of the windows where smashed, but all the windows bar the upper level where boarded so no one could look in. So right were in, the first room was the kitchen, we noticed a infer red camera in the corner, then a slight beeping noise? We shit it and get out at this point we was taking no for an answer, we headed into a little forest nearby were we could see the front door and check if SECCA or police came we waited for about 35mins and nothing came then  we discussed the options over a ice cold pint. so we did some googling and heading back, we came to the kitchen again, dodged the sensors and got to the front door where the main alarm system was, nothing happened this time no sensors no nothing? odd? we carried on strolling round after about 4/5 rooms the slight beeping noise came back on, then off, 20mins later back on? Not a clue we ignored it. we strolled round, some rooms had things moved, thrown about etc, so people had defiantly been in without a doubt. This place was cool. Things remained in places, i like that. But some rooms had a really strange feeling about them. after around 40 minutes in there, we seen about 40% maybe abit more, We decided to head out something felt weird like we didn't belong there. We got out and went back to the forest to check if secca arrived, 15 minutes later a van pulled up, it was secca. He didn't see us, but we could see him. He sat there 5/6 minutes, but for some reason did not check the building? Strange.. ... Until next time peoples. I'm not finished with this place. I shall be heading back to finish what i started. Enjoy the pics! 

• By Britain's Decays
      Last year we tried to get in Scarborough sports centre but they have seriously locked that place up tight, nothing on the roof, no tunnels or anything.So we just made a short video of the outside. Today I went back with the newest member of our URBEX team, the drone and got some higher up shots. Here are the photos from the drone...