Sign in to follow this  
vanishing days

Matthew's Riding School - Rainham - Kent - 2008 PIK HEAVY

this is the first place i ever went suffered many years of damage and neglect.

built in the 80s by tony Rokko a local businessman named after his son who unfortunately passed away.

the place was internationally nown but was hsut due to tony rokko wanted the road access improved and was told no by the government shortly after the place closed down. next door is the hotel wich mr rokko turned into a mansion were he lived. any way on with the pics

exterrior shots

DSCF0758-1.jpg

DSCF0627-1.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0738-1.jpg

DSCF0739-1.jpg

DSCF0748-1.jpg

Matthewsridingschoolfrontbw.jpg

riding track outside i like lights

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

matthewsridingschoollights.jpg

reception

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

stables

Matthewsridingschoolstable.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

matthewridingschoolcart.jpg

Main arena

DSCF0685-1.jpg

DSCF0654.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Toilets

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

cool old rides

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Upstairs

IMG_1127.jpg

matthewsridingschoolfirealarmedit.jpg

Cafe

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

view from uptop

IMG_1135.jpg

las pampas the bar

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

matthewridingschooldrinksmachine.jpg

Maybe not

IMG_1151.jpg

pictures

IMG_1658.jpg

matthewsridingschoollayeredcolour.jpg

Matthewsridingschoolchairscolour.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

the end

IMG_1173.jpg

Wow :o Ide love to visit this place. Is it still there?

Fantastic Pics again vanishing days. I think that place is worth an explore before it gets to badly smashed by the local chavs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      Thought I'd post up photos from my visit here in April this year.
      This location is very under-valued in my opinion, it is in fantastic condition inside and makes for a really interesting couple of hours explore. The building is pretty big inside, many offices and little back rooms to be found, as well as two projector rooms (Projectors sadly gone) with 3 cinema screens and lots of other random rooms. There's also a fair amount of origenal features and detailing in the building, which is fantastic!
      The cinema closed its doors in 1999 (I think) when the multiplex odeon opened down the road at lockmeadow. It has laied empty ever since, although someone must maintain it, as it's surprisingly clean and tidy inside, and the ventilation/heating system is still on (as the bingo hall underneath share the same system)
      Apologies for the quality of these pics, they were on my old camera and were mostly handheld as I didn't posess a tripod back then!!
      Reception/foyer area

Going up . . .

Pop corn anyone??

To the Cinema Screens

This is Screen 2, Screens 1 and 2 are virtually identical mirror images of each other where the origenal audatorium was split in 2.

Motors that powered the screen curtains and shuttering.

Screen 3 was the most amazing room with the most fantastic plasterwork in the ceiling.

And this random room, who knows what it was used for, but there were lots of period features in it, and a bloody strip light right in the middle spoiling it all!

Random rooms everywhere with all sorts of bits in

Some projector room equipment, but no projectors

And a couple of images from the roof looking over maidstone

It was an amazing place to look round, nice and warm and dry for a change as well.
      Maniac.
    • By Maniac
      This is the only surviving example of a kent colliery, and is looking in an increasingly bad way in recent times.
      They're still un-sure what they want to do with the buildings, so at the moment they stand there empty, a monument to the sites past use.

All the mine shafts have one of these on them, there were 3 in total, this one was the shallowest, the deepest was over 900metres making Snowdown the deepest colliery in Kent.

Not a lot to see really, but a nice way to spend a couple of hours, and quite a laid back explore as the security people patrolling were actually fine with us being there
      Please ignore the quality of these pics, it was over a year ago and I was still getting used to the camera!
      Maniac.
    • By 8ReDRuM

• By prettypeculiar
      This complex was built in the late 70's as the faculty of science and biology of a renowned university. It is located in a quiet, residential area surrounded by a large park. Due to the  architecture, the buildings are a bit futuristic and out of place here . It gets even more interesting when you find the greenhouses where a group of 'highly motivated' researchers may have spent a lot of hours amidst  their plants in the company of pizza and distilled water. The buildings were abandoned after being in use for only  30 years. Not because of structural problems,  the university had  simply become  too small, as the courses gained popularity.  So the students moved to a larger and newer building closer to the other faculties. 

4. how panda's are made ...

• By Thelocksmithman
      Soooooo after seeing a couple of reports go up recently covering this part of the old college, and tried previously on numerous attempts with no avail a few years ago when we managed the sports hall and Withersdane Hall parts, i decided now was the time to return and have another go.

Credit to whoever put this part on the achievable list as previous to this outing security had always patrolled and none of us could ever find a way in.

Fast forward to some overcast late morning, i asked @starlight if she was up for having another look round the place, knowing she had also been for a look but not manged this part either. We hooked up and set off just down the road to this place which is very close to where im usually lurking.

History of the college: Which im sure you have all read in other reports of this place...

The College of St Gregory and St Martin at Wye, more commonly known as Wye College, was an educational institution in the small village of Wye, Kent, England, 60 miles (100 km) east of London in the North Downs area. ... The college was officially closed by its then owner, Imperial College London, in September 2009.

Founded in 1447 by John Kempe, the Archbishop of York, as a college for the training of priests, in 1894, the school moved to new premises, and the South Eastern Agricultural College was established in the buildings with Alfred Daniel Hall as principal. In 1898, Wye became a School of Agriculture within the University of London. Until 2005, Wye College was a well-known study and research centre in the fields of rural business and management, biological sciences, and the environment and agriculture. The college was officially closed by its then owner, Imperial College London, in September 2009.

Today, buildings that formerly housed Wye College have been repurposed as the Mind Campus in Withersdane Hall, a substance abuse rehabilitation clinic, and Wye School, a school for children of year seven and up. The main campus and several other buildings have been owned by Telareal Trillium since 2015 who are developing a masterplan involving some new housing.

I cant really say much about the actual wander around, it was non eventful as security really has been wound down since i was last here. It was extremely easy going and with a bit of improvisation and teamwork we managed to cover all of this section of buildings.

As i think stated in previous reports, not much left in there but very clean suprisingly and the lecture hall was a highlight for me.

Enjoy...

Cheers for looking, blut.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!