Sign in to follow this  
vanishing days

Matthew's Riding School - Rainham - Kent - 2008 PIK HEAVY

this is the first place i ever went suffered many years of damage and neglect.

built in the 80s by tony Rokko a local businessman named after his son who unfortunately passed away.

the place was internationally nown but was hsut due to tony rokko wanted the road access improved and was told no by the government shortly after the place closed down. next door is the hotel wich mr rokko turned into a mansion were he lived. any way on with the pics

exterrior shots

DSCF0758-1.jpg

DSCF0627-1.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0738-1.jpg

DSCF0739-1.jpg

DSCF0748-1.jpg

Matthewsridingschoolfrontbw.jpg

riding track outside i like lights

DSCF0630.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

matthewsridingschoollights.jpg

reception

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

stables

Matthewsridingschoolstable.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

matthewridingschoolcart.jpg

Main arena

DSCF0685-1.jpg

DSCF0654.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Toilets

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

cool old rides

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

Upstairs

IMG_1127.jpg

matthewsridingschoolfirealarmedit.jpg

Cafe

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

view from uptop

IMG_1135.jpg

las pampas the bar

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

matthewridingschooldrinksmachine.jpg

Maybe not

IMG_1151.jpg

pictures

IMG_1658.jpg

matthewsridingschoollayeredcolour.jpg

Matthewsridingschoolchairscolour.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

the end

IMG_1173.jpg

Wow :o Ide love to visit this place. Is it still there?

Fantastic Pics again vanishing days. I think that place is worth an explore before it gets to badly smashed by the local chavs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By SticksandDrones
      This is my first Urbex adventure. I recently moved to West Sussex and though I'd have a look around at some popular and easily accessible sites to explore. I stumbled upon Bedham Chapel and after some quick research, I found the location and travelled there. We drove down a single track road until spotted it in the woodland below us. We parked a few hundred metres further down the road and set out on foot to get there.

This is my video report that I captured and I apologise for the clickbaity title of the video and the fact that it's so weird it looks staged. But it really isn't! My girlfriends reaction to this is real and we were definitely creeped out by our find. If anyone has any idea of what this ceremony was about, please let me know!

Video Link

• By Ninja Kitten
      Every now and again i hear this nag."mum..mum..when can you take me sploring,,,something fun like a school..a swimming pool and a place with loads to look at...."not much to ask really! ...a quick call to my bestey PS and wer in the car ... an hour or so later and we pull up...may as well teach them the tricks of the trade while their young hay:) A fantastic splore as always with PS and a young Nitro Ninja..
      Looks like the headmasters out for the day....its splore time !

• By Gigi
      A superb place.. It is a school and features beautiful gardens, ruined church, derelict labs, art classroom, an old manor house, amphitheatre, canteen, swimming pool, music room. e.t.c It's got a lot!
      I have been here many times now,(without permission haha) and have shot it professionally for a location library too, I am good friends with the caretaker and owner now so it's there to use if I need it.
      It closed late 2000, due to lack of money. I believe the main house is listed but not sure of the other buildings. All in all, a huge variety and mixture, and a great place to explore.

2 - great room

3 - school labs!

4 - haha.. sorry

8 - Synagogue

10 - Those stairs.. wonderful

11 - The overgrown office rooms

12 - my friend Fraser

13 - Retro TV

14 - Squash court

15 - my dad joined me on this trip.. He didn't keep very quiet! haha Monkey.

16 - Shower rooms

17c- Manor House/Blue toning

I have done several client shoots here too
    • By franconiangirl
      I have hardly any information about this former boarding school. Apparently it was an institute for boys only. The building is in a decaying state. Fortunately, the vandalism isn´t too bad so far. The size of this insitution almost kills you. It´s very emotional to explore this part of history, when obviously a stong religious belief was one of the most important parts of education. 

As already mentioned above, this institution was huge. It´s picturesquely embedded between hills. It consisted not only of numerous dormitories and classrooms but its own chapel  and infirmary - with rusty bed frames and old medical stuff left behind - as well. You´ll find traces of religious importance again and again, for example old images of saints - to remind you over and over about the importance of a strong belief that was once an omnipresent theorem in this institution. Let the pictures speak for themselves. 

• By Wevsky
      This was yet another revisit ,but this time i actually spent some time and got some half decent shots,and Obs let me play with the fisheye..Not a huge amount of pics for a change..
      Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and Stealth..Very nearly ended thigh high in water in what looked like a solid container,turns out it was full of water and crap so a wet foot was a lucky escape.....There is a Motorhome type of affair on site and entry to access is a tad on the dodgy side. and at one point end of the evening Legs had to be done from a nice shiney police car heading for where we had just rapidly left.
      bit of history from tut net
      Fire brigade plans of the 1970s name these 'D.O.E Tunnels', and they were at the time at the rear of the Dover Storage Company, in Limekiln Street. This area now forms a shipping company's yard. The tunnels themselves probably date back to the early 19th Century, but must have been worked over a period of years, and are just East of the Oil Mill Caves. There is evidence of use throughout the years, including use as air raid shelters during WW2, and a stairway seemingly built during this time links the tunnels to the main train tunnel nearby. A large portion at the rear of the tunnel has suffered a severe roof fall at both ends of a tunnel intersecting the main chamber. The brickwork in the main section is impressive and remains in good condition.
      Some pictors.

Thanks for looking.