Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Oil Mills West - Dover 27.12.08

Visited with Mitch, Swamp Donkey, Maniac and Scrimshady

Epic access!!!! funniest thing I've ever seen, sorry bout the dents in the roof of your car Maniac.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

Great to see this place again, and well played mitch for getting in :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Baldrickthecunning
      West Park was a nice site, but every man and his dog knew about it and the same shots used to get taken time and again. Reaperman (of http://abandoned-britain.com/ ) and I decided to do a night visit at a time when the place was extremely popular, and use it more as an experimenting ground for natural and artificially lit shots. Our aim wasn't to cover much ground, but to take shots until they came out right!
      It was a good experience and co-ordinating the lighting was good fun. Simply lit with torches and 2 coloured gels.

Mr. B
    • By Wevsky
      This has been the one shelter i dover that's eluded me due to the entrance or rather the route down to it!three years ago i had a go and last year but my body would not allow me to go down the ever disappearing cliff path to it..
      Fast forward 3 years and with a lot of encouragement from the guys i finally got down to it ..cheers lads
      Visited with SpaceInvader Obscurity and UrbanJunky was a great meet up and pukka day out
      Brief blagged history
      Lydden Spout Battery was constructed in 1941 on the cliffs between Dover and Folkestone. This consisted of three 6� naval gun positions, magazines, gun rooms, a plotting room and a large deep shelter. The guns were removed in the 1970’s but the foundations are still visible to date. All underground parts are in a good condition. Above ground most buildings were demolished but an officers mess remains and is now used as a cow shed
      Pics

Thanks for looking and im rather chuffed i got down there..thanks again to the guys for getting me down there:thumb
    • By Frosty
      Few pics from St Martins, nice little shelter, could also be known as the nutcracker!

Sorry pretty crappy pics!
      Frosty.
    • By Frosty
      Just chucking this back up as redoing all my reports, visited with fortknox0, history is on his report, truely a special place!

Sorry its pic heavy!
      Frosty.
    • By Harry
      Now home to the local pigeon population this small deep shelter was built to protect troops of the nearby Z-Rocket from incoming axis bombs during WWII. There was two main entrances down into the shelter and one emergency escape exit. All in all, a great little splore, one of many in the area.
      Un-lined section which leads to the emergency escape exit.

Wardens room/office, with the un-lined section in the distance.

Main tunnels are lined with steel girders braced with corrugated steel sheet.

Toilets.

Steps leading up towards main entrance, now infilled with bricks and rubble.

The original timber and plywood lining still remains, although damaged and decomposing.

Last but by no means least...