Sign in to follow this  
Shadow

Oil Mills West - Dover 27.12.08

Visited with Mitch, Swamp Donkey, Maniac and Scrimshady

Epic access!!!! funniest thing I've ever seen, sorry bout the dents in the roof of your car Maniac.

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Picture5.png

Picture6.png

Picture7.png

Picture8.png

Picture9.png

Great to see this place again, and well played mitch for getting in :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Maniac
      Just remembered about these photos, so thought I'd stick them up anyway.
      The guilford shaft is a spiral staircase built inside the cliff face at Dover consisting of 214 steps, connecting the Moats Bulwark at the bottom of the cliff to Dover Castle. The staircase is broken up by different levels along the way, including one which resembles a deep air raid shelter.
      It's had several uses during its time, including uses in WWII, but it now lies empty and decaying, although it is in very good shape indeed, considering it's not been maintained for years!

This is the part that resembles a deep shelter, although it's no in very good shape.

At the very top

And just for the hell of it, there's a lot of these down there.

Moi at the top looking down

Thanks for looking!
      Maniac.
    • By Maniac
      Of all my years exploring Dover, this is one place that kept evading me, mainly because I didn't know where the entrance was! Oh I've spent many hours wondering around the area trying to find it!
      Anyhow, Frosty and co kindly showed me where it was the other night (cheers dude!) , so I was able to finally take some photos of it!
      Langdon hole was an underground communication centre during WWII. Sometimes referred to as Dumpy B, purely because it acted in the same role, although it bears little resemblance to the Dumpy level of Dover Castle.
      Entrance to this place is interesting, as all the steps are missing, so you have a very steep slope to contend with on entry - not one to do on a wet day!
      Anyhow, here are a few photos.
      This is the entrance way looking back up from the bottom.

With lots of old metal containers at the bottom

Which leads through this walkway into the rest of the complex

Which looks like this

There's an un-lined tunnel which leads to another entrance, now blocked

Maniac.
    • By MrObvious
      Thought i'd keep these 2 in the same report because they were part of the same company. 

History

Mills... 

Tonedale Mills, including Tone Mills, was a large wool factory in Wellington, Somerset that was the largest woollen mill in South West England. Owned by Fox Brothers, it was most famous for the production of “Taunton serge”, and later the khaki dye used by the British Army. The mill was established in the middle of the eighteenth century, and thrived during the industrial revolution. At its peak, around 6,500 metres of material was produced at the factory each day. The cheap cost of producing fabric in third-world countries contributed to the factory mostly closing during the 1980s.

Dye Works...
      Due to the acquisition of the old flour mills this became the cloth finishing works. Sitting on the banks of the River Tone, the mills originally used water wheels on the river for power generation, the housing for which are still in place. Later with the introduction of steam and then electric power, the water was used as part of the cloth finishing process, and was managed more carefully with the introduction of a reservoir and sluice gates. Within the reservoir, the water was treated before its use. The finishing works and dye factory were both on this site. The former had a boiler house attached, while the latter had an engine house added.

Explores 
      Explored the first time with @TheVampiricSquid & @Biebs
      After arriving at the mills, we'd struggled to find a way in without alerting the neighbours, so we thought we'd try the dye works while waiting for some more info on easier access.
      when we arrived at the dye works, access was fairly simple, unaware of where access into the main bit, i'd managed to piss on it lmao, luckily there was shit loads of tarp laying around...
      When we finished up at the dye works, we headed back to the mills with a better route to take. This place was massive, and was slowly being taken over by nature!
      after spending a little while in there, we'd bumped into a couple of chavs who thought we were there ghost hunting... Then they started to trash the place, so we made a swift exit. 
      During the first visit i was told about the boiler rooms... but we had to skip it incase the police turned up. 

so i headed back there a couple days later with @CuriousityKilledTheCat
      we'd gone back to the dye works so she could grab some shots in there, then up to the mills.... after a short look around, we'd soon discovered the boiler rooms, was definitely worth the revisit!  

Shout out to M.S for the info!  

Enjoy  

Mills

Dye Works 

Cheers for looking!
    • By MiaroDigital
      Supply shaft - west
      a abandoned part of a german steal factory...

Supply shaft west 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 05 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 06 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 07 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 08 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 09 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 10 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 11 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 12 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Supply shaft west 13 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!