Sign in to follow this  
Maniac

UK Busted at Buckmore - The Report - 02 Jan 2009

Well it was a pretty foolish decision to try this one really, but it was just too tempting since the rumors of it being wide open and security not giving a damn just made it too tempting to try, and we desperately wanted to see inside this place before it gets stripped by pikies or burnt to the ground, which is probably what will end up happening unless something drastic is done to keep people out the building.

It was about 9:30 in the evening when Fluff, Ryda and Impact arrived at my house. From there we took the supercav to Buckmore, which was surprisingly deserted - there wasn't a soul around. So we grab our stuff, and walk through a gaping great big hole in the fence up one of the main tracks towards the deserted leisure complex.

We had a few heart stopping moments on the way up the track which turned out to people racing up and down the road outside, so we pushed on towards to complex, all of us a little bit on edge and uncertain of what we would find at the other end. Slowly the building loomed out of the darkness. Still nothing, no security, no lights just an eerie stillness. We quickly start walking round the building looking for an entrance point, we didn't have to look long at there are loads of them, smashed windows, forced doors, open fire exits - the place has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

In we go, we ended up in the climbing wall area. No sooner had we got into the building when we heard noises, then saw torches. Shit, we can't be busted already surely? Luckily (or un-luckily as it will pan out) it turned out to be some people from Essex, infact it turned out to be quite a few people from essex, about 20 of them in total just wondering around being far to noisey for my liking. This did two things 1. it made us a little more relaxed as if there's 20 of them in the building and they've not been busted, if there are any security they can't be doing a very good job. But it also made us a tad nervous since these people wern't your typical urban explorer type, I think Essex boys and girls sums it up nicely, and they were doing a nice job of smashing every beer bottle they came across, and breaking the remainder of the windows :evil:

Essex People

pic-02.jpg

The main hall where the rave was

pic-07.jpg

pic-09.jpg

pic-10.jpg

At this point we contemplated leaving after only taking a few photos, as the essex boys and girls were becoming a liability, but we hadn't come all this way to just give up, oh no! So we lay low for a bit in one of the smaller rooms, took a few photos of corridors and had a cup of coffee (cheers ryda :cool: ) The noise had subsided, it was safe to come out, so we did, and started doing what we do best.

Remember this place was absolutely mint just a week ago.

pic-16.jpg

pic-17.jpg

pic-18.jpg

pic-23.jpg

pic-25.jpg

pic-28.jpg

pic-30.jpg

pic-34.jpg

pic-37.jpg

At this point we managed to get split up, and try though we might we just couldn't find fluff and impact anywhere, so me and ryda just carried on looking round the building trying to find the swimming pool area, which we managed to do just in time to see headlights coming up the main road leading to the centre. Fuck, security - duck down, so we hid behind the small pool while security shone lights though the windows round the pool area. Boy are there a lot of windows in that pool area. After what felt like hours, they had got far enough away for us to make a dash back into the changing rooms, where we hastily packed away our camera gear in preparation for possibly making a run for it.

We still had no idea where fluff and impact were at this point, although we had seen them through a window earlier being lit up by security so we knew people were onto us. We sat in the changing rooms for a bit before hearing a shout 'come on out, we know you're there' from outside in the corridor. This corridor was the only exit, so we decided to just give ourselves up in the hope that they'd just give us a ticking off and let us walk off site.

Little did we know at that point that half of medways finest were already on site looking for us, they had dogs, vans the lot. The other half of medways finest were still on their way, in total at it's height there were about 20 police personnel on site. We just went quietly, not a lot else we could do, although I did protest a little at being arrested for buglary, afterall we wern't stealing anything. We still didn't know where fluff and impact were at this point. We were later re-united at the police station.

I have to say the police were very professional at the way they handled the situation, and once we were back at the police station (They took us all the way to Tonbridge because the nik at Medway had a powecut :lol: ) they were actually quite friendly and seemed to show an interest in what we were doing. We were held in the cells for the rest of the night, and were all interviewed this morning, then the entire thing was dropped as we were expecting. We were then left with a problem, how the hek to we get back to the car? The police arn't that well known for providing a taxi service. Lady luck must have been smiling down upon us today however, because the officer who interviewed us managed to get the go ahead to drive us back to where the car was. Thank you very much officer, you saved us a fortune in taxi fayres.

All in all a very eventful night that none of us will be forgetting in a long while. All's well that ends well, no harm was done and we even got to keep our pictures. The irritating thing about the whole thing is if it hadn't been for the other group of people on site, we wouldn't have been in so much trouble. Apparently the police were called because of a large number of vehicles being seen around the area. Fearing another rave or simelar kicking off they scrambled all available cars to the area, just to arrest the 4 of us as the people they really wanted were long gone.

pic-40.jpg

One last word. Stay away from buckmore, you will end up in a shite load of trouble if you're caught. They are going to be locking the building up tight, we all said at interview how easy it was to get in, and it needs to be sealed up. The officer in charge is going to see that this happens. I know it's a shame that we won't be able to explore it, but that's £15 million of building there just getting slowly more and more trashed. It's not beyond saving quite yet, but given a few more weeks of abuse it very soon could be.

Many thanks for reading

Maniac.

Nightmare at Buckmore... Part 1

Maniac has told the story superbly so Ive no need to add to that!

It is SUCH a shame how badly trashed this place is, and usually id love for more people to be able to explore it, but it needs to be sealed asap, its too dangerous!

DO NOT try and visit here now as Maniac said, its not worth taking the risk, police cells arn't comfortable at all, they're cold and you only get about a 1inch thick matress! Was like sleeping on wood.

Laying there I was just wondering... the sleepless night, the pathetic blanket, the non-existant matress, the worry of a criminal record, the wondering how the hell were getting home, the feeling like poo in the morning, the rumbling belly i had.. Was it worth it??

COURSE IT WAS!

Anyway, I managed to get a few photos, so it made the whole ordeal a little more worthwhile, and at least we all bonded :) haha

IMG_5511.jpg

I think, that this sign may well be slightly out of date. I think rubbish tips look more attractive than how this place did.

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5500.jpg

IMG_54971.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5502.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

WHAT A WASTE

IMG_5483.jpg

Glad you are all ok and safe. I suppose after what happened it was a risk going up there, you probably would have got away without getting busted if the essex lot hadn't made such a noise etc, sometimes we have to know when to go and when to stay, get a few pics or risk the consequences, but thankfully it turned out ok in the end. Well done for handling the outcome well, I would have been terrified. :)

All I can say is well done for getting in there and getting pictures, shame to hear about getting busted, though the outcome of the arrest is exactly as I would expect, at least the police understood what you were doing and were friendly with you.

Swamp Donkey will be jealous, he never got dogs :lol:

Funniest bit about the whole thing was that I was talking to everyone cept Impact on MSN just before you all went out, and I thought to myself "jealous much wish I could have gone" lucky I didn't stay one more night in Kent eh?

I had to laugh when i got out of the station and looked at my phone Shadow;

"Message : Shadow"

"U in prison yet m8?"

hahaha Genious

I had to laugh when i got out of the station and looked at my phone Shadow;

"Message : Shadow"

"U in prison yet m8?"

hahaha Genious

It had to be done, back on topic, great pics everyone :D