Sign in to follow this  

Unknown Tunnel - Nr Folkestone 2009

Originally found with Scrimshady, later revisited with Maniac and Swamp Donkey

Taken point and shoot style with flash and auto focus like a true n00000b but we found cables near the door and thinking they were to a pir sensor (EDIT - There wasn't actually a PiR sensor :D ) we wanted to get out sharpish, and I couldnt leave with no photos at all.

This is a live water service tunnel containing a pipe, and what looks like pumping equipment, it ran for maybe 300m then came to a larger room with steps up to a door, was possibly a reservoir. I think the tunnel may have continued but it required a bit of climbing and we decided to make a quick exit instead :lol:

Sorry about the shite photos

Interesting place, thats not been explored before and its always nice to find something new :D

Interesting find Shadow & Scrim - Any chance of a PM with the location details, I think further investigation is called for!

Yes me please too, maybe I could walk there as being stuck in the house with no car is doing my head in.

.......visited (20/10/10) with unfairytale, oldie68 & a 3rd mystery (banned) member lol :lol:

i belive its called the Hills Reservoir :Devil:

No, unfortunately it was locked. I was looking forward to getting in there. Oldie said, the door was new too.

Bugger, that's a shame would like to have seen that again.

I nearly thought this was something else, but then it wasnt, I think its connected to the Silver Spring reservoir isnt it ?

tristan when where out ill show you it mate and yes silver spring as far as i know..its just down from crete road victorian resevoir

We've been back here since, and it's posted in public on a few forums now. The door that actually leads into the pumping station was well and truely locked when we last checked however.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The Urban Collective
      The Old Unknown Farmhouse - Chorley - Photographic Report - Feb 2018

I struggled to find any history on this stunning location except for the multitude of artifacts left inside from photographs to a pencil sketch by a man called Brian jay and the possibility that the property was once owned by a freemason.

I have to admit guys this was my favorite explore to date. From the artifacts in and around the property including that stunning Vauxhall, my favorite find to date. To the general atmosphere of the old place.
      I had a quality time man and a trip back through it.

• By Ghost
      Visited today with my daughter, my first 'underground, for me as not done a tunnel before and found it most enjoyable despite my claustrophobia , was longer than I thought and decent Torches are the next purchase for me now !!
      A bit of history from a signpost

and a few more pictures (not great as lighting was poor !!)

• By prettypeculiar
      The Godarville tunnel was a boatunnel and has a length of 1050 meters. 
      In order to overcome the enormous differences in height on the Charleroi-Brussels canal, many locks were built in the Samme valley between Ronquières and Seneffe and a 1267 m long tunnel was built :  La Bête tunnel.
      Soon there was a need for a canal with a larger capacity and between 1854 and 1857 the canal was enlarged for vessels up to 350 tons.
      The old tunnel, however, formed a bottleneck and so it was replaced by the new tunnel of Godarville. As a result, the number of locks was limited to 30. After the Second World War it was decided to make the canal navigable for ships up to 1350 tons.
      Since neither the Samme nor the tunnel of Godarville could make this enlargement, a new route had to be built between Ronquières and Godarville. . The tunnel is closed with large metal gates on both sides to keep the cold  out during the winter. On the south side, in the tunnel next to the canal, there is a towpath on which the horses towed the boats.
      length: 1050 m
      width: 8 m
      maximum ship width: 5 m
      maximum draft: 2.1 m

• By Rob Adventures
      Located In Columbus Ohio. Very popular urbex place.