Sign in to follow this  
CAVE ZOMBIE

hudsons and part of east demi and east ditch

my self scrim and mooch which i must say need to be in the private part to c this well after a long walk and climb up to hudson's and then down into east ditch oooo gate in to hudson's (photos to follow thanks to mooch 4 the pics and fluff will up load as he isn't in privet yet ) nice place v interesting and from there part of east demi found locked door in to demi tunnels no access at the moment but hope to go back soon to do the rest of demi but have walk round the east dich part. then back up the wall and down 2 v large banks v slippy with frost by this time and back to the car parked in lay by down NR hudson's on driving back in to Dover in the coach park by spur 2 police cars searching outer cars in car park mmmmmmmm what going on here if we had parked there would have been nicked with all the gear we had on us so if u plan to co to the castle soon be warned they are watching this place i thing was v good night thanks scrim for the lift and mooch for his interesting skills ??????........photos to follow come on fluff do your job b lol

Okay, so you done hudsons but not east demi.

The gate to hudsons... unlocked?? if it was thats very peculiar if its the one im thinking of.

The door into east demi is locked TIGHT, i cant see any way in there, only other entrance is the one inside the castle.

we did part of east demi the upper part the hudsons gate was locked and is locked up again all with no keys lol and wil be getting in to the lower part of demi soon there is always a way in lol when u have a mooch

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By The_Raw
      The Visit
      This was a great day out with Sentinel, filled with comedy moments, aggressive pigeons, a police helicopter, and a location which was far better than expected. Thanks to sentinel for always being up for a laugh in any given situation, lending me his wide angle lens on the odd occasion, and Gabe for putting this on the radar in the first place, I was blissfully unaware of it until our conversation.
      Access seemed a little too good to be true as we hopped into the site unseen and strolled straight through a wide open door. Unfortunately shortly afterwards we heard the door being locked behind us by security. This left a big question mark hanging over our exit strategy for the next two hours although there was something quite comical about being locked inside a psychiatric unit so we didn't stress about it too much. We ended up spending five hours in here, lots to see all over the place and we didn't even make it into a couple of the buildings including the very front one. We found several items of interest dotted around the place but definitely the strangest was a torture chair lurking in the basement complete with arm and leg straps and bandages with blood stains. There was also a small hole in the ceiling allowing the tiniest drops of water to fall onto the chair. We have a couple of theories about the origin of the chair but I'll let you draw your own conclusions, it was quite a freaky find regardless. Another strange find was evidence of someone having developed their own photos inside the building, I don't have the answers to that I'm afraid.
      Finally a big thank you to the Metropolitan police for accompanying our entire visit with the sound of a police helicopter hovering above (pictured in the first photo), thankfully they had far better things to search for than us but we did wonder at times.

The History (stolen from Gabe's 2012 report)
      The building opened in 1849 as the City of London Union Workhouse. In 1874 it was converted into an infirmary for the same Union. Mental patients came here for examination and assessment before being sent to other institutions or being discharged. In 1902 it had 511 beds. When the Homerton Workhouse reopened in 1909, the infirmary became superfluous and was closed. However, it reopened in 1912 as the City of London Institution to treat the chronically ill. It was later renamed the Bow Institution.
      The LCC took over administration in 1930, when all the Boards of Guardians were abolished. In 1933 the number of beds in the Institution was increased to 786 and a mental observation unit established. In 1935 fire destroyed the west wing and the main building. In 1936 the Institution was renamed St Clement's Hospital.
      During WW2, when it had 397 beds, the hospital was badly damaged by bombs in 1944. In 1948 it joined the NHS and the bomb damage was repaired. By 1959 the Hospital had become exclusively psychiatric. It became part of the London Hospital Group in 1968 and was then called the London Hospital (St Clement's). In 1974, after another NHS upheaval, it became part of the Tower Hamlets Health District, when it had 146 beds. By 1979 it had 135 beds. In 2003 the East London and The City Mental Health NHS Trust decided to sell the site for redevelopment. The Hospital closed in 2005, with clinical services moving to a new purpose-built adult mental health facility at Mile End Hospital.

The Pics:

Found this book open on this page I kid you not!

Some kind of makeshift dark room....

The Chair

View from the clock tower

Worse photos can be found here https://www.flickr.com/photos/74870643@N02/sets/72157643376912974/
      Thanks for looking
    • By TheVampiricSquid

Hey guys..
      Little late with the report but headed down to Jameah with SlimJim and Chopper. We found ourselves an open door and had a little mooch around. After hearing what we presumed was secca talking, we backtracked and headed over to the church, after snapping away here we headed round into the main building. We dind't get very far as we heard muffled voices and signs of life - the smell of fresh cooking, clothes hanging out to dry etc.. from here we decided to back up once again and make our way out.. on our exit we bumped into a gentleman, who informed us that it's in fact not derelict, and is still teaching as a school!
      The short story with this place is that it was originally a Victorian orphanage. In later years it became a seminary and also ballet school and ultimately became an Islamic school. It's infamy came about when in the late 90s, Abu Hamza used it to train his acolytes in the use of automatic weaponry and handguns. Further dodgy goings on were reported later on and the Police raided the place in 2006. (Borrowed from Jim:D)

Unfortunately I did't take any externals as the guy we asked said no, so we respected his requests and went on our way. Shame though, as it is such a beautiful building.
      Thanks for reading guys!

• By LeeLewis82
      Hello all I'm lee from the UK carrot cruncher land known as East Anglia, been urbexing for a year and I'm addicted! There's not many places that I won't go.. my fears are only heights and spiders, both of which i switch off to and get on with it.
      I'll upload some pics soon, peace out
    • By sentinel
      Visit
      This was a great little explore with The_Raw.
      On the first visit some funny random things straight from the start, including being locked in by security, finding some strange torture chair, both being attacked by pigeons plus some others.
      On the second visit I noticed a couple of Squibb Demolition cabins had been placed onsite so looks like works may be starting shortly.
      History
      The building opened in 1849 as the City of London Union Workhouse. In 1874 it was converted into an infirmary for the same Union. Mental patients came here for examination and assessment before being sent to other institutions or being discharged. In 1902 it had 511 beds. When the Homerton Workhouse reopened in 1909, the infirmary became superfluous and was closed. However, it reopened in 1912 as the City of London Institution to treat the chronically ill. It was later renamed the Bow Institution.
      The LCC took over administration in 1930, when all the Boards of Guardians were abolished. In 1933 the number of beds in the Institution was increased to 786 and a mental observation unit established. In 1935 fire destroyed the west wing and the main building. In 1936 the Institution was renamed St Clement's Hospital.
      During WW2, when it had 397 beds, the hospital was badly damaged by bombs in 1944. In 1948 it joined the NHS and the bomb damage was repaired. By 1959 the Hospital had become exclusively psychiatric. It became part of the London Hospital Group in 1968 and was then called the London Hospital (St Clement's). In 1974, after another NHS upheaval, it became part of the Tower Hamlets Health District, when it had 146 beds. By 1979 it had 135 beds. In 2003 the East London and The City Mental Health NHS Trust decided to sell the site for redevelopment. The Hospital closed in 2005, with clinical services moving to a new purpose-built adult mental health facility at Mile End Hospital.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!