Sign in to follow this  
Maniac

A small bit of Ellington School for Girls, Ramsgate - July09

Why a small bit of? Well basically this place is in the middle of a housing estate, we knew it was going to be risky and we weren't wrong. 15 minutes later and we were being brought out of the place by Kent finest law enforcement officers, there were precisely 6 of them and a police dog unit as well. :dunno2: The irritating thing about the whole affair is if it weren't for some pikey following us into the building who was after niking copper, then we'd probably have not been caught. They saw him entering through the same window we'd just climbed through. Police were OK, stop and search and away we went.

I don't know an awful lot about the place, except it's been closed around 2 years, and is set for redevelopment into housing - the building is due to be demolished I believe. I think planning has only recently been approved, so hopefully it'll be there a while longer yet ;)

I only got a few pics that are worth posting, as we only got about half way down the first floor corridor before we got caught. :roll:

Photo-001.jpg

Photo-002.jpg

Photo-003.jpg

Photo-004.jpg

Photo-006.jpg

Photo-005.jpg

Maniac.

lol, now that was a funny night! ill get my pictures posted up soon mate,

i think the best bit was when the police asked for frostys name lol, hard to believe one person can have that many middle names :lol:

Nice one maniac only just spotted this..and too think just under a year later the shelter appeared :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By franconiangirl
      I have hardly any information about this former boarding school. Apparently it was an institute for boys only. The building is in a decaying state. Fortunately, the vandalism isn´t too bad so far. The size of this insitution almost kills you. It´s very emotional to explore this part of history, when obviously a stong religious belief was one of the most important parts of education. 

As already mentioned above, this institution was huge. It´s picturesquely embedded between hills. It consisted not only of numerous dormitories and classrooms but its own chapel  and infirmary - with rusty bed frames and old medical stuff left behind - as well. You´ll find traces of religious importance again and again, for example old images of saints - to remind you over and over about the importance of a strong belief that was once an omnipresent theorem in this institution. Let the pictures speak for themselves. 

• By franconiangirl
      I don´t have much information about the small brewery which is located in the south of Germany. The current owner is a guy from England, who disappeared some years ago. Since then, the building has been left to decay. The story hit some headlines in the local newspapers. 

Small, but I loved it anyway!

• By franconiangirl
      The small chapel is idyllically situated on the hillside. Standing at the foot of the hill, the building is almost invisble. Thanks to the season, the knowing eye is able to spot the chapel between the sparse vegetation. Following up the slope for few minutes, a small weather-beaten wall appears. Climibing up the wall, there´s a small, overgrown path to follow.

Inside the chapel it´s silent. Peaceful. The roof is full of holes - traces of the ravages of time. Ivy climbs steadily through the biggest of them. There´s still a large crucifix on the wall. The detailed depiction of Jesus is still in an unbelievable excellent condition. While Jesus looks as good as new, everything around him is decaying relentlessly. 

Unfortunately, I hardly have any information about the chapel. Old commemorative plaques testify that the chapel was probably errected by a local noble family. The building should be far more than 100 years old by now. 

• By MiaroDigital
      A small pottery in east germany...

Kleine Tonfabrik 01 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 02 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 03 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr

Kleine Tonfabrik 04 by Miaro Digital, auf Flickr
    • By Andy
      Just a small chapel on the roadside. I don't know anything about the history.

Visited with @The_Raw.