Sign in to follow this  
Wevsky

Ashort visit to dover and folkestone 01/07/2010

Right wasnt gunna do this post cos the main bit we went to see st matrins kinda placed obsticles for my 2 friends i got in but as they couldnt i ended up coming out again visited a place in folkstone the name of which escapes me cos i was in the back of van..2nd spot we visited was given info from a local..bit naff as it was just a staircase leading down a tunnel to a small room with an exit at end of,i personanly do not like heights cliff edges nor the 45 degree angles and narrow pathways leading in and out so my arse was flapping to the point i may have shouted "i want my mummy"..did it tho and if anyones recognsies the tunnel and knows about it do tell..right not many pics so short report

Right this is inside the gate at st martins

DSC01533.jpg

these few are inside the tunneled staircase

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

And heres some from inside the shelter at folkestone all flash im afraid was fealing way too ill to spend much more time out

DSC01554.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01541.jpg

I think the place names you are looking for are, St Martins flank and the road of remembrance bunker. :D

st martins yep that was first one and road of rememberence was last one..the tunnel with the long staicase is the mystery,in same general area of st martin but on the right over the fence from car park track goes down,and feeling wobbly as i did i didnt enjoy that bit,got all excited when we got in but just one tunnel with a room at bottom seen in pics

Road of rememberance bunker is a pretty nice place, although pretty stripped.

Cave spiders down there where just a little on the scarey side

Road of rememberance bunker is a pretty nice place, although pretty stripped.

Cave spiders down there where just a little on the scarey side

Ha ha, another person who's scared of them. They're only bloody spiders lol.

Dazzer had one leap out of his camera bag and scuttle under his kithen units a while back. I think Frosty had a whole nest of the buggers spring up in his room once, so who knows it just might happen . . . . . . .

:spider:

Dazzer had one leap out of his camera bag and scuttle under his kithen units a while back. I think Frosty had a whole nest of the buggers spring up in his room once, so who knows it just might happen . . . . . . .

talking of frosty he asked unclebulagria if he could get a pic of me getting stuck in entrance of st martins ..proud to report the middle aged spread hasnt spread far enuff not to get in there..spiders in me beer tho eeew :beer2:

talking of frosty he asked unclebulagria if he could get a pic of me getting stuck in entrance of st martins ..proud to report the middle aged spread hasnt spread far enuff not to get in there..spiders in me beer tho eeew :beer2:

Right silly question pics 2/3and 4..thats not far from st martins u any ideas what it is exactly

Right silly question pics 2/3and 4..thats not far from st martins u any ideas what it is exactly

I've Got no idea - it looks just like the passages inside part of the detached bastion in Dover - and while St martins isn't all that far from there, I don't think that's where you were. It's clearly part of the napoleonic defences thou.

I've Got no idea - it looks just like the passages inside part of the detached bastion in Dover - and while St martins isn't all that far from there, I don't think that's where you were. It's clearly part of the napoleonic defences thou.

well all i know was from car park over fence downa very nasty path to this there where other small looking entrances that where filled..but main tunnel was about 80 yeards long was just glad to get too carpark level me legs gave out and it was clamber on all fours up a very steep slope..stick me down a manhole deep as u like cliff edges nah..may be worth a look again ,some local bloke in car park mentioned it as he saw rucksacks etc we had

That's the problem with Dover - it's full of passeges and tunnels everywhere. I like to think I've seen most of them, but there's always stuff turning up! I expect someone on here will know what it is, but it's not one I've visited before.

That's the problem with Dover - it's full of passeges and tunnels everywhere. I like to think I've seen most of them, but there's always stuff turning up! I expect someone on here will know what it is, but it's not one I've visited before.

well all i know was from car park over fence downa very nasty path to this there where other small looking entrances that where filled..but main tunnel was about 80 yeards long was just glad to get too carpark level me legs gave out and it was clamber on all fours up a very steep slope..stick me down a manhole deep as u like cliff edges nah..may be worth a look again ,some local bloke in car park mentioned it as he saw rucksacks etc we had