Sign in to follow this  
Wevsky

A explore local.. 2010

Right decided today was gunna meet up with "space invader" and a local bod..so as u do we decided to go to the RanK Hovis Mill and just for kicks Go for my 4th visit to the boeing 747 near by!!

Ive done both sites but a revisit after a xmas stuck in was in order...

some pics

Hovis mill first

DSC02736.jpg

DSC02742.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

A shot thru 4 floors up..

DSC02782.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

On with some of the Boeing!!

DSC02788.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

Was just a quick revisit but fun :)

ah He who must rome...that was my 4th visit to said plane.i swore my last then what do you know a bloke called oldskool drops in from manchester and im on the sodding thing again..never againtho ..! :police2:

Nice one mate, looks like a good explore

it was never ever again on that plane lol 5 times ive pushed me luck and got bust time after those pic where taken

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MattSights

A look around the abandoned Beijing film academy which includes a large amount of Terracotta Army soldiers, a castle and a large Shanghai style town movie set!

• By RetroGamerVX
      Hi all,

In our continuing adventures of exploring abandoned mines, we revisit Smallcleugh Lead Mine in Nenthead, Uk, which dates back to the 1700s. In the 3.5 hour adventure, we visit the classic Ballroom, where a huge body of ore was removed, and then onto what we have named the " Second Ballroom ", which is the largest stope I have ever seen.

A little history (Thanks mineexplorer.org)

Smallcleugh Mine was started in about 1770, looking for the continuation of Hanginshaw's West of Nent Vein, but this was soon abandoned. In 1787 the work was restarted by an agent for the London Lead Company along the Smallcleugh Cross Vein which produced an immense quantity of ore. There where also many other rich veins worked from Smallcleugh - Middlecleugh (and 1st and 2nd Sun Veins), Longcleugh, and Great Cross. The mine over the years was also worked by the Nenthead and Tynedale Lead and Zinc Company and Vieille Montagne Zinc Company. Most of the operations in Smallcleugh had come to an end around the 1900's. In 1963 the mine was briefly reopened in pursuit of new ore reserves, but little large scale mining took place. A famous occurrence at the mine was the dinner party held down it. On September 2nd 1901, 28 members of the local Masonic branch held a dinner down the mine in a large stope know today as the Ballroom Flat.It is often assumed that Smallcleugh Mine extends all the way to Bogg Shaft and beyond, as these are reached via the Smallcleugh portal, however Smallcleugh originally only went as far as the Longcleugh Vein past the Ballroom, and the beginnings of the Middlecleugh Vein and Middlecleugh Second Sun Vein. The area past this which covers Carr's Cross Vein, Cow Hill Cross Vein, Barron's Sump Chamber and beyond are is in fact a separate mine called Longcleugh Mine, which was originally worked by shafts.Smallcleugh Mine is the one that everyone knows and goes down. We have been going down this mine on and off since 1988. It is very impressive and extensive with multiple flats, circular routes and connections to Middlecleugh, Rampgill, Carr's and Caplecleugh Mines.

Enjoy, please like if you do and leave any relevant comments

• By jamespaul
      hello all.
      just thought I would introduce myself...im 6ft 2 31 years or age male from Liverpool. im a newbee and very adventurous and daring with a great personality.
      I know Liverpool offers a new world of hidden gems to explore. willing to try anything; even if its risky.
      i am looking to meet a few fellow explorers.
      msg back plz
      $ j
    • By btf.photography
      Good Evening Everyone,

Just a quick intro to myself, my name is Ben, and im the Photographer at B T Frewin Photography, hence my profile name, and i currently live in Rotherham.
      I am pretty much new to the whole urbex scene, but have a ton of experience with my camera and love a good explore.
      Im just reaching out to fellow rotherham/sheffield urban explores/photographers who wouldnt mind meeting oneday to explore new places and exsisting ones and hopefully get me fully into this.

If so, drop me a messege.

Cheers.
    • By CanonRyder
      La Bateau has been closed for a few months, coming on a year, the front looks like shit and they have recently put scaffolding up in order to begin refurbishment of the entire pub/venue. The scaffolding will make it so easy to gain entry as there is open windows on the second and third floors of the building so it would just be a case of gaining access without passersby noticing, maybe get in at dawn and start shooting? If anyone else has any info/previous entries/wants to come with I'd love to get my first explore under my belt!!!
      La Bateau, Duke St, Liverpool, U.K.

Disclaimer

Oblivion State exists as an online forum to allow like minded individuals to share their experiences of Urban Exploration. We do not condone breaking and entering or other criminal activity and advise all members to read the FAQ articles about the forum and urban exploring in general. All posts are the responsibility of the original poster and all images remain copyright to the original photographer.

We would just like to thank

Forum user AndyK! from Behind Closed Doors for our rather excellent new logo.

All of our fantastic team of Moderators who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

All of our members for continuing to support Oblivion State by posting up the most awesome content. Thank you everyone!