Sign in to follow this  
valleys

Newbies from South Wales

Just thought we would say hello... "hi"

We are from a little village called Abertysswyg in South Wales/ Love exploring together been to quite alot of places now too...always on the look out for more though!!! lol

Will get a few reports up on here over the next few days, hope you enjoy them

Hi and welcome, I haven't been out exploring for a while, but when the weather gets a bit warmer, I'm sure I'll be out.

Really need to get over to cwm coke again and see what's changed.

Ahhh...Cwm.

Well I only been there once but comparing it now to some of the great pics I've seen on here to me..it looks a lot different. I got black when I went, I dont know if thats the norm but wasnt expecting it.

We are well up for going back as we didnt get to climb all the way to the top so be nice to see the view !!!

If your from this area give us a shout maybe we could meet up...you could show us a trick or two?? (as we are quite new to this)

welcome to the forums mate. Good to see you already have a few posts up. I hope you enjoy your stay and i look forward to some nice fresh welsh reports :thumbs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By drinkinbud
      various places that skeleton key showed us so a bit pic heavy

• By Bam Boostick
      Came across this one; Kinmel Hall near Rhyl - North Wales. Not too far from me so I'm going to do a little research about reaching the place via public transport (unfortunately I don't drive..).

Some history on the Hall:
      http://docs.novaloca.com/165_20062_634595428790297892.pdf
      The article:
      http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/architecture/kinmel-hall-the-welsh-versailles-lies-derelict-and-unloved--who-will-come-to-its-rescue-10502644.html?cmpid=facebook-post
    • By silverainbow
      After a quick text to Wevsky one bright sunny Saturday morning Dover bound we went, Was a really laid back easy going visit the place is so quiet its eery !
      History, a bit scarce to say the least but heres what little I could find;
      During a new fear of invasion from Napoleon III two new dry moats where added to the existing citadel defences. The northern and the southern moat both had their own casemates built. Between these there was also a defensive caponier built, but sadly this was filled in during the 1960's by the Dover Corporation and they gradually destroyed many parts of the Western Heights.
      The northern casemates are a lot larger than the southern casemates, with six separate rooms whereas the southern casemates had eight.
      So here goes with a few of my Pics taken on the Day, Difficult choosing them as this place is expansive to say the least and I took a fair few

Sorry about the sheer amount of pics, I took hundreds and this is just a few of them
    • By Wevsky
      Thanks to Monk for posting this and meeting up with us i must admit i nearly had a little sex wee when i saw this place.It is even better in real life and worth the efoort..
      in attendance ,Myself Urbanginger,SpaceInvader, Fortknox0, Rookinella ,lawrence Monk and canute..
      Was a good start to a fun day..There is so much history so here is a samll snippet of what is written
      HMS FORWARD maintained a comprehensive maritime surveillance of everything that moved on, under or over the English Channel from Dungeness to Selsey Bill. Ten coastal radar stations between Fairlight and Bognor Regis reported directly to HMS FORWARD. All information was filtered and plotted and also relayed by teleprinter to similar plots at Dover and Portsmouth.
      HMS FORWARD was heavily involved in the saga of the German battle cruisers Scharnhorst, Gneiseneau and Prinz Eugen on 11 February 1942, the Dieppe Raid of 19 August 1942, D-Day, and nightly MTB harassment raids and commando 'snoops' on the occupied French coast. Air/sea rescue was also coordinated from here.
      Like i say just a small bit of info google will produce much more if you are that interested...
      Quick planage!

Great start to a day
      Ilove this type of structure
    • By Wevsky
      Brief bit of history copied from the net...
      South Flank Casemates, Dover: During a new fear of invasion from Napoleon III two new dry moats where added to the existing citadel defences. The northern and the southern moat both had their own casemates built. Between these there was also a defensive caponier built, but sadly this was filled in during the 1960's by the Dover Corporation and they gradually destroyed many parts of the Western Heights.
      The southern casemates are a lot larger than the northern casemates, with eight separate rooms whereas the northern casemates only had six.
      The explore was a spur of the moment thing as i couldnt stand another day staring at the pc..SilverRainbow txt me to say he was free so we headed over to this spot.I first came here about a year and a half ago and only managed the south casemates as the north can only be reached via a crawl through some small chalk tunnels and a squeeze through the Pipe..going in was fine but knowing how tight it was made me a little edgy when wedged in the pipe..Eh have covered the access with anti climb paint as well as trying to seal it all up...
      On with some pics which i have tried not to go mad with ..
      South to start with..im sure you can tell which is the North ias theres no spray pain and crap

Smashing day shame about that awful sunshine stuff